+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 110

Thread: Kara - The Professional

  1. #91
    Jay is my hero
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    12
    I agree.
    Kara Saun's conduct could had better. A bit more cordial, as Jay put.
    That's why I love Jay, he's been so neutral during this whole thing, never being Mr./Miss Perfect "goodie-goodie" or a Evil Lying Backstabber. he was bein himself, just being jay

  2. #92
    FORT Fan realfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I disagree Maveno. Wendy's responses were weak and repetitive. Kara Saun was trying to make the point that "everybody" hated her referring to the viewing audiences response to Wendy and Wendy couldn't let herself believe it for a second.
    This was another thing that bugged me. Who is Kara Saun to speak for "everybody" anyway? Speak for yourself, but don't presume to speak for others. That's the height of arrogance. If Kara wanted to have it out with Wendy, then do it one on one, raising issues that had a direct impact on her. What "everybody" may or may not think of Wendy is irrelevant.

  3. #93
    Fight Queen corprip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Roeland Park, KS
    Age
    35
    Posts
    2,211


    That's what perplexed me the most. All the stuff Kara Saun brought up (save for the makeover) was stuff totally unrelated to her. Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

  4. #94
    Dreamer rt1ky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Posts
    3,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    If she's been in the business for well over 10 years now and can't win THIS... I'd say there's something flawed in her designs that perhaps she needs to take a look at.
    She said herself that this was the biggest thing for her... I'd feel frustrated if I didn't win with all that designing history under my belt.

    .
    I agree. She didn't show much variety for someone in the business 10 years. I was sick of the low cut neck line and chest cut-outs. Her shapes were all very similar compared to Jay's variety. I think Kara Saun (and probably also Austin) has a niche she is most comfortable designing in, for this contest it wasn't good enough, against Jay.

  5. #95
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    90
    I have a random question. Why does everyone call her Kara Saun and not just Kara. Everyone seems to call everyone else by their first name but only Kara they say Kara Saun. Am I only one who picked up on this?

  6. #96
    Samantha's Mommy Closet Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I thought it was fair what Kara Saun did with the shoes. It would have been smarter for them to bill her prior to it being outed about the shoes. I couldn't help but wonder why she had to have the phone conversation with the shoe guys in front of Jay & Wendy anyway. Also, why is it that Wendy assumed that shoes would be provided?
    I also wondered why Kara Saun had that particular conversation not only in front of the camera but in front of her competitors as well. (Personally, I would have gone straight for the ladies room, where I hopefully could not be followed). Guess she genuinely didn't consider it much of an issue, given the rather flimsy work around solution she attempted to construct. It would have been interesting if she had instead asked her contact to RENT the shoes to her, how would they put a fair market value on something that was leased, instead of gifted, given that people probably aren't able to rent shoes all the time.

    As for Wendy, I have to be fair, she probably expected that shoes and accessories would be provided just like they had been throughout the show thus far through the Banana Republic accessory wall. Because she'd never had to really think about it before, it never occured to her that with so many more models, there just wouldn't be an adequate supply of shoes and accessories from the prior amount, much less that those items had probably long before been disposed of. What I'm slightly dumbstruck by is the fact that when she finally had an opportunity to select her own shoes, jewelry and accessories to enhance the look, it apparently didn't even occur to her to do so.

    As for why Kara didn't consult Wendy, well, technically, she wasn't required to consult any of the other contestants. If they had objections, they could lodge them with the producers, and it was up to the producers to deal with the ShoeGate situation. As far as we can tell, and we'd probably have seen it since there undoubtedly would have been vociferous protests (not unjustified) by Jay and Wendy which would have made for good TV, the producers apparently didn't consult the other contestants in deciding that it was a problem, or in their ultimate solution of the problem, it was between PR and Kara Saun. She consulted Jay because she cared about his opinion, she didn't consult Wendy, well, because she didn't give a rat's behind about Wendy's opinion.

  7. #97
    Samantha's Mommy Closet Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,191
    Quote Originally Posted by brwnhotcoco
    I have a random question. Why does everyone call her Kara Saun and not just Kara. Everyone seems to call everyone else by their first name but only Kara they say Kara Saun. Am I only one who picked up on this?
    People have noticed this before, but we're not sure why. My personal guess is that whatever contract she signed with the show's producers required them to refer to her by her full name (Kara Saun), which incidentally was a very savvy business move, if that was the case.

  8. #98
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    90
    Quote Originally Posted by Closet Fan
    People have noticed this before, but we're not sure why. My personal guess is that whatever contract she signed with the show's producers required them to refer to her by her full name (Kara Saun), which incidentally was a very savvy business move, if that was the case.

    yeah that makes sense to me.

  9. #99
    FORT Fan realfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    198
    Ultimately, Kara Saun was just a worse version of Wendy Pepper. Wendy was a naive schemer who admitted to what she was doing and took her lumps. Kara was a prima donna cheater who expected to be LOVED no matter what she did. ICK...

    And, hello, there's a reason Jay was pleased when "Miss Perfect" got called on the carpet for her cheating. It wasn't just that Kara had cheated and was called on it. If that was all it was, Jay would've been stunned and disturbed or dubious by that Kara's actions were being called into question. Instead, he was PLEASED. Because he'd grown sick of her attitude and affect and wanted to see her get her comeupance.

    Kara Saun is a narcissistic, egomaniacal bitch whose extreme dislike of Wendy Pepper revealed the fact that certain of Wendy's characteristics were mirrored back on herself. Kara Saun's sense of entitlement, though, tops everybody's.

    Kara's spent her entire adult life in service to Kara and, you know, if she hasn't been able to make her mark in the fashion world after a decade in the biz, well -- there you have it.

    p.s. No, I'm neither clueless nor unrealistic. I'm someone who has risen to the top of a competetive, artistic (movies/television, writing) field. And, the one thing I've learned since moving here is that yes, there is a helluvalot of bull@*%t that goes on here, but Talent always rises to the top, no matter what. So, if Kara Saun has expended all her time/talent on her career over the past decade on succeeding as a designer, there's a reason she hasn't "hit". I think we saw a good part of that reason in the season finale of Project Runway.

  10. #100
    Retired! hepcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    in a good place
    Posts
    27,046
    Quote Originally Posted by brwnhotcoco
    I have a random question. Why does everyone call her Kara Saun and not just Kara. Everyone seems to call everyone else by their first name but only Kara they say Kara Saun. Am I only one who picked up on this?
    And did you notice that they never gave out Starr's last name? (Although it wasn't hard to find on the internet.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Starlette
    And of course there was shoegate. I think that she didn't realize she was breaking any rules, as she willingly told Tim that she got the shoes for free. I shudder to think how I would've reacted if I was told the night before the show that I couldn't use my shoes. The other contestants had a few days to work with the Michael Kors' shoes, but if Kara was going to have to switch to those, she would only have a few hours.
    I agree that she didn't realize she was breaking the rules, but I was turned off by her reaction. Yes, it would be completely stressful to think hours before the show she would have to lose all her footwear. But statements about the other designers' cheap shoes and how she was being penalized for having good taste were low blows. Another outrageous moment was when she heard Maggie Rizer wouldn't make it due to a death in the family, she whined about everyone else already having had their fittings. That was an unattractive side of her we didn't see in the first ten weeks.
    Last edited by hepcat; 02-26-2005 at 03:05 AM.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.