+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Wendy Pepper

Quote Originally Posted by FairytaleDREAMS
    mature, older woman. Reminds me of 'Heartly's', a famous fashion store my mom always visits. Every piece of Wendy's designs remind me of Heartly's Collection.
    Even this one?

I think she's unskilled. Her hems often look puffy. The only entry I've liked of hers was her wedding dress, and even then, the lace-up side looked cheesy.

When you think of Jay, Kara Saun, and Austin, each has definitely shown they have a style. Wendy's designs don't seem cohesive to me at all.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Sorry, Fairytale Dreams, didn't mean to misinterpret what you said. I am just so over the whole Wendy thing. Some people even like Wendy, which makes the injustice of her lasting this long even worse. I wanted so much from PR - a show that took us into a world that we were all curious about - fashion design - but instead, the not-too-wise producers are dishing us slop.

If someone like Kara Saun can design a fuzzy hat, waterproof drawstring pants, hoodie, cropped fuzzy vest, and a utility belt in 3 hours for the post office, doesn't she deserve some airtime? Instead of viewing talent, we get drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Even this one?
    OK, everything she has done on the show has either been (a) dowdy; (b) grossly inappropriate (see above); (c) missing crucial garment pieces (see above); (d) poorly constructed; (e) unoriginal/inappropriate for the theme; or (f) two or more of the above.

Apparently, what's on her website is more jewels for our consideration.

I think she's unskilled. Her hems often look puffy. The only entry I've liked of hers was her wedding dress, and even then, the lace-up side looked cheesy.

When you think of Jay, Kara Saun, and Austin, each has definitely shown they have a style. Wendy's designs don't seem cohesive to me at all.
    As someone who sews, and has been since she was 13, I can tell you for a fact that her skills as a seamstress are lacking. As someone in another thread pointed out, even the dress she won the BR challenge with had some visible construction problems with it. She clearly could not construct a thong (why this prevented her from constructing a regular bikini bottom is beyond me. Surely she is familiar with what regular bikini bottoms or even underwear look like). Her "envy" dress was a nightmare, it did look unfinished, the back of the dress was ugly, her embellishments were amateurish and uneven, and that's not even touching upon the design elements. Just about every single dress of hers I've seen, I've looked at it, and the bias of the fabric was cut wrong for that particular piece of the garment, or the seamwork is weird, or something, because the garment doesn't hang right.

BTW, hepcat, you do realize why Wendy is so fond of the lacework, don't ya? Its not a stylistic preference. Its a cheat. If you do lace ups on the side or the back, you don't actually have to construct an outfit that actually properly fits your model. You can cut the swimsuit bodice too small, and it'll still fit your model. You can do a wedding dress that isn't really so form fitting, you can skip making proper, accurate measurements, careful pattern making, darts, good garment construction, and thereby avoid all the hard work and demands of creating something wonderfully form fitting like Kara's wedding dress. Adjusting the width of the lacing will hide a multitude of sins of garment construction.

Quote Originally Posted by twoelles
    I am just so over the whole Wendy thing. Some people even like Wendy, which makes the injustice of her lasting this long even worse. I wanted so much from PR - a show that took us into a world that we were all curious about - fashion design - but instead, the not-too-wise producers are dishing us slop.

If someone like Kara Saun can design a fuzzy hat, waterproof drawstring pants, hoodie, cropped fuzzy vest, and a utility belt in 3 hours for the post office, doesn't she deserve some airtime? Instead of viewing talent, we get drivel.
    Well said, Twoelles. If I wanted drama, I'd flip on a soap opera. I wanted to see a show about fashion design, and Wendy doesn't know the first thing about it. Now I feel like Bravo and the PR producers played me for a fool this whole time--keeping Wendy around debases the entire competition.

Jay said it best, Wendy really is like a cockroach. Nasty but hardy, and always managing to survive. How I wish I could smash her into oblivion.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I think Wendy's muse is the Stepford Wife.
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

Wendy

She has a toxic, negative energy. I know that at times, the individual is at the mercy of producers; but in her case, she gave them plenty to work with. If there is any karmic justice in this world, them she won't win.

Wendy will be the death of me. I am getting Toxic Shock Syndrome from having to watch her week after week.

Quote Originally Posted by corprip
    I think Wendy's muse is the Stepford Wife.
    Either that or Grimhilde, the Wicked Witch. "Mirror, Mirror, on the wall...Who's the bitchiest, most deceitful, bridesmaid gown designer of them all?"

Y'all, I am so pissed she is Final Three. You don't even want to know.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Snowy, I know where you are, because I was there a couple of days ago when it was strongly hinted at in the Fashion Week spoiler thread that Wendy had triumphed over Austin. It just doesn't fit in with my personal world view that people like her who are not only sadly lacking in talent but interpersonal skills would get advanced into a prize they had not earned.

That being said, however, I've come to the conclusion that Wendy's punishment will be summed up in the phrase "be careful what you wish for, you may get it." Someone who is fundamentally lacking in taste, talent or even basic dressmaking skills isn't suddenly going to be able to rise to the occassion, just because she has to present a collection at Fashion Week. Cinderella, she ain't, and there's no fairy godmother around to endow her with the necessary equipment. 'Cause when it comes down to it, she *is* a fraud...

Just came in to say boooooooooooo! and *hiss!*

*throws a tomato. a fresh one.*

For me it doesn't matter as much that Wendy has a nasty attitude. It's just that she's a sub-par designer compared to the other 3. Austin's kinda "costumey" we know, and Jay's too "edgy" and Kara's too "streamlined." But stand each of their designs up next to each other and Wendy's are definitely bringing up the rear. Add her split/mom/schemer/victim/psycho personality on top of that and you've got a flop. She should stick to prom dresses and wedding gowns, I think. And she should stay the heck in Virginia.

My Hope

I hope she is not being kept on the show (ahead of much more deserving designers) for ratings. After all, how many of us watch the show just waiting for Wendy to do something to make us hate her more?

+ Reply to Thread