+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Wendy Pepper

i know! you know the group from "what not to wear" should invade this show and fix wendy up. it's sad to me that a designer looks so awful. i mean, i don't go to hairdressers that have bad hair, so why would i want to buy clothes from a designer that looks like crap?

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    i don't go to hairdressers that have bad hair, so why would i want to buy clothes from a designer that looks like crap?

That reminds me of a friend who told me about how her dentist had smoker's breath and yellow teeth

see? another prime example. if your dentist has bad breath and yellow teeth, probably not the best choice for a dentist. like a dermatologist with a poor complexion... and interior designer with an ugly home. when you are trying to sell your clothing designs, it's probably best that you look decent. hell, be eclectic! that's great! but looking just frumpy and ugly is probably not the best presentation for your design talents.

Exactly what I think too.

How sad that Wendy has to have someone else step in and "care" for how she looks when presenting her dresses.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by sher
    however, i don't think that her look changed all that much, even with kara's help with hair and makeup. she has a crazy scientist look about her.
    I was thinking she's not that old, why does she look that old, and then I suddenly realized, Wendy and I are the exact same age. Boy was THAT a depressing thought.

see? another prime example. if your dentist has bad breath and yellow teeth, probably not the best choice for a dentist. like a dermatologist with a poor complexion... and interior designer with an ugly home. when you are trying to sell your clothing designs, it's probably best that you look decent. hell, be eclectic! that's great! but looking just frumpy and ugly is probably not the best presentation for your design talents.
    Well, with the possible exception of Austin, who certainly has his own personal style of dress, and Kara, who I suspect might have been wearing one of her own designs in the first scenes of the first episode, and Starr, who was definitely wearing some of her own terrible creations, I don't think ANY OF THE REST OF THE DESIGNERS have been wearing stuff they've designed. Most of them are wearing t-shirts and jeans, hello folks, you are designers, you can make clothes, you can be your own personal advertisement and walking billboard for your own work, why in heck are you wearing stuff that's off the rack straight from the GAP?

You're okay, Georgie. Tanyabean's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    Beginner Blue eyeshadow and stuck-my-finger-in-a-socket hair? Ugh...
    Can't forget the lovely rouge cheeks!

Hate her, or love her, Wendy has comments on each episode featured on her website.

Just a little tidbit:
    "As the day wore on Austin became more frazzled with the looming time deadline and the various components of his dress. I chose not to tell him that I thought it was ghastly, but I shared that with Vanessa to calm her down and make her feel less isolated in her frustration. I stand by my decision to keep my opinions to myself under that specific set of circumstances because I really felt like Austin had a chance to show his prowess as a designer and I was going to let him sink or swim with no interference from me."

That is so Wendy. :rolleyes
    "I've got soul, but I'm not a soldier." The Killers.

{Nik - Kim for ANTM5} FairytaleDREAMS's Avatar
    I like Wendy a lot and I don't think she is a longshot at at - in fact, I have a feeling she will make it to the top 3.

FORT Fogey
    I am not fond of Wendy and I think she is slated for an exit, she will not win. The paragraph at the end of the show says that Bravo AND the judges decide who moves on. Clearly this is a TV show first and entertainment must be considered. It is the name of the game. For now she is adding drama but I would guess younger, hipper designers will win be the final ones standing. Kara, Alexandra, Jay, Robert.

Team Renee//Team Sarah// DreamOf1000Cats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    I am not fond of Wendy and I think she is slated for an exit, she will not win. The paragraph at the end of the show says that Bravo AND the judges decide who moves on. Clearly this is a TV show first and entertainment must be considered. It is the name of the game. For now she is adding drama but I would guess younger, hipper designers will win be the final ones standing. Kara, Alexandra, Jay, Robert.
    Yeah Wendy doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of actually winning. I do, however, like that she calls Austin out on the fact that his designs have been terrible for weeks.

+ Reply to Thread