+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: 11/30 Project Runway 16 Reunion Show Thread

11/30 Project Runway 16 Reunion Show Thread

Reunion Special - The Season 16 designers and models reunite with mentor Tim Gunn to discuss their experience. Also, more on the cheating scandal (hopefully).

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 11/30 Project Runway 16 Reunion Show Thread

Claire and Shawn simply put have ruined their careers. Seriously Claire's arguments too many holes - if too many things thrown at her at once you say simply "can you repeat the question" (at least). Their defensive responses don't bode well either.

Oh and note to the twins - the "brothers" did NOT sew each other's clothing. Advice, including putting material up against a mannequin is NOT the same as actually work on the project putting it together. I think too they would've been "let best man wiling" in a showdown - not one quit without trying. (I maintain Shawn quit because they'd shown inferiority of her work as a sewer and how much the twins really DID working together.)

Amy may have harmed hers a little but I think not caring as much.

Final five very refereshing and clearly enjoyed their competition between themselves.
    beerbelly and Arielflies like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Claire and Shawn simply put have ruined their careers. Seriously Claire's arguments too many holes - if too many things thrown at her at once you say simply "can you repeat the question" (at least). Their defensive responses don't bode well either.

Oh and note to the twins - the "brothers" did NOT sew each other's clothing. Advice, including putting material up against a mannequin is NOT the same as actually work on the project putting it together. I think too they would've been "let best man wiling" in a showdown - not one quit without trying. (I maintain Shawn quit because they'd shown inferiority of her work as a sewer and how much the twins really DID working together.)

Amy may have harmed hers a little but I think not caring as much.

Final five very refereshing and clearly enjoyed their competition between themselves.
    Amy harmed her career by not letting the twins get off topic and by insisting they tell the truth. Amy was very unusual for any tv personality or regular person and she wouldn't let the twins squirm out of what they did with a fake apology. More power to Amy for being polite and not getting distracted, for staying on point. How does this harm her career?
    mayamaisha and AZChristian like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Enjoyed the reunion ... thank you for not yelling and actually answering questions.

Sorry not sorry, Margarita, pitting the two twins against each other was not inhumane is was sweet justice and revenge rolled up in one and well deserved.

Liked that the producers tried to evenly spread out the questions among all the designers and not just the finalists and the two elephants in the room. I wish MTV Challenge Reunions would be so peaceful and helpful and illuminating.
    beerbelly and mayamaisha like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Amy harmed her career by not letting the twins get off topic and by insisting they tell the truth. Amy was very unusual for any tv personality or regular person and she wouldn't let the twins squirm out of what they did with a fake apology. More power to Amy for being polite and not getting distracted, for staying on point. How does this harm her career?
    Her case slightly if at all being seen as "aggressive" if people complain about her work.

Personally, I think she'll get more clients for this bit I look at both sides.

I'll be shocked iftgetwinsgey more business now. I can't see how they didn't ruin their careers with the reunion show and a. The comments they made and b. Claire's attitude about the cheating scandal.

After all - how hard is it to just return a tape measure if it accidentally got in pockets? Why didn't she check them in them first place before hotel room?

Claire's comments and behavior only corroborated the others' claims.
    beerbelly and mayamaisha like this.

Amy teaches at a design school, so her client base is her employer. I appreciate that the younger designers (except the twins) thought her designs were fashion forward to the point they weren't being recognized to the extent others' were. She mentioned she couldn't shake teacher mode and would go around making hints and suggestions.

Anyway, I, too, enjoyed the show though I was shaking my head when Claire tried to backpedal her way out of admitting her error. I think the time between had given her a chance to re-write history in her own mind.

Finally found out about the "scarf", but I still cringe whenever I see it.

The brothers were cute as could be. Good show.
    beerbelly and sparklete like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

The twins thought to save face by lying about what occurred. Amy, the teacher, was having none of that. The twins made themselves look worse than before. I didn't think Claire ever sounded sorry and she proved me right. It was kind of sweet how a couple of the other designers tried to get them to apologize, especially the one guy (I can't remember his name) who tried to explain this was their chance to make it right. They were so insistent on lying that they couldn't see that everyone there and the viewers already saw the truth and weren't going to buy into their lies. It makes me wonder what they've gotten away with before because they sincerely thought that could work.

It was interesting to watch Amy, the educator, not accept their lies. She obviously understands what happened from a different viewpoint. Most interesting to me was when she explained cheating, that even if the cheating isn't necessary it's still cheating, and then commented that Claire didn't need to cheat.

Tim commenting that this is by far his favorite season surprised me a little. There were some good designs but not my favorite season for those. I very much liked the different size models, and hope they keep doing that.
    beerbelly likes this.

Very fun reunion show...love the brothers!
    The final five were very refreshing and respectful of one another.
    Claire--what the what?????
    justCoz and mayamaisha like this.

So disappointed in the twins!

Everyone else was diplomatic, gracious, and professional.

The twins showed lack of maturity and responsibility. Poo on them.

I forgot to DVR the show. Oh, well....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast