+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: 11/30 Project Runway 16 Reunion Show Thread

Re: 11/30 Project Runway 16 Reunion Show Thread

The twins brought the drama and helped ratings. Stick up her ass Amy didn't and, in fact, consider her comments a huge disappointment. We're talking reality TV. JC Pennys and Avon don't pick contestants. IMO, never say never.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    The twins brought the drama and helped ratings. Stick up her ass Amy didn't and, in fact, consider her comments a huge disappointment. We're talking reality TV. JC Pennys and Avon don't pick contestants. IMO, never say never.
    I know they don't pick the contestants - but it's quite clear that more and more businesses are NOT liking how the show is run, and therefore PR is going downhill on who their sponsors are.

You're in trouble when you have these two be sponsors, given JCP is trying to stay in business and the other many places don't know about because they don't have Avon representatives.

No sponsors - no show. Simple as that.

And for the record - I didn't even know Amy was there until she was eliminated she was that forgettable.

The only ones I wanted to see each week were Kentaro, Anya and Brandon.

I had already pegged the twins as getting themselves eliminated within an elimination from each other because they were too intertwined in the other's life. In fairness to Claire, I do think she'd been more inventive in a few areas without Shawn's help (or been eliminated before Cha Cha, if possible).

I appreciate your point of view but drama attracts viewers, and that's why PR brought in the twins in the first place, just like they brought the spit marker (can't remember her name) from a previous season and Chacha this season.

Before my Reality TV innocence was trampled upon, I might agree that TPTB wouldn't think of bringing back a cheater, but Bravo did bring back a convicted felon (who ripped off banks and, also, small business) and the two networks, Bravo and Lifetime, do, after all, sit under the same corporate umbrella. With that said, a cheater pales to a felon, don't you think?

IMO, the bottom line is what counts and sponsers care about ratings.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post

Shawn however is another story.

As far as I know, she wasn't found to be in possession of any contraband items (tape measure, pen and ink, etc.) No one reported it and it wasn't used for drama.

Plus, they might want to see what she can actually do on her own.
    I think we saw that during the 1-hour face-off between the twins. Claire got to work and had something with shape to it on the mannequin. Shawn was literally flailing around, knocking things over and practically tossing fabric at the mannequin, hoping that it would stick up there in some semblance of a garment. Shawn has no skills in the design/sewing area. She should NOT be invited back, as she would be taking up a space that should go to someone who can actually design and/or sew.
    I'm Paula.

FORT Fogey

I thought this year, they filled the cast with non talented designers---or even non-designers in general--just to suit political correctness or drama...Think back to past years and people who were sent packing early had more talent than what we saw this year.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    Before my Reality TV innocence was trampled upon, I might agree that TPTB wouldn't think of bringing back a cheater, but Bravo did bring back a convicted felon (who ripped off banks and, also, small business) and the two networks, Bravo and Lifetime, do, after all, sit under the same corporate umbrella.
    Lifetime is a subsidiary of A+E Networks, which is jointly owned by the Hearst Corporation and The Walt Disney Company.

Bravo is owned by NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234