+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: 11/9 Project Runway 16 Finale Part 1 Show Thread

11/9 Project Runway 16 Finale Part 1 Show Thread

Finale Part 1 - After heading home to work on their Fashion Week collections, the five finalists are each visited by Tim. The designers return to New York and present the judges with two pieces from their collection. With only three spots guaranteed for Fashion Week, everything is on the line.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 11/9 Project Runway 16 Finale Part 1 Show Thread

$10,000 for 10 looks. My goodness.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

FORT Fogey

Honestly, I'm kind of underwhelmed by all the collections thus far. Maybe they'll look better when the models take them down the runway. It's not that they're terrible. They're just not anything that would make me sit up and take notice. Oh, and that one model of Kentaro's has an awful lot of side boob showing. I hope she doesn't slip out of that top.

I do feel sorry for Kenya. She seems terribly overwhelmed. I wonder if it wouldn't have been better just to pick the top three straight away instead of making everyone worry about who's going to be left behind at this point. Having five semi-finalists also meant that Tim's home visits were pretty short, and I always like those. They're just a nice, fun break from all the competition.

I wonder how many weeks they had.

Honestly, wonderboy looks like he has a curtain fabric collection.
    Kicksave1052 likes this.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

Absolutely the BEST conversation of the whole show:

(Kentaro is playing the piano piece he composed for his collection)

Tim: What gave you this idea?

Kentaro: I found a dead cat on the street, so after I burried the cat I put my ear into the ground and this is the kind of sound I heard.

(Long, somewhat uncomfortable pause)

Tim: Alright..wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    Absolutely the BEST conversation of the whole show:

(Kentaro is playing the piano piece he composed for his collection)

Tim: What gave you this idea?

Kentaro: I found a dead cat on the street, so after I burried the cat I put my ear into the ground and this is the kind of sound I heard.

(Long, somewhat uncomfortable pause)

Tim: Alright..wonderful!

That was a great moment, wasn't it?
    "Everyone has a Mt. Everest. ......."

These are all a bit strange. It' like they all picked similar, muted colors to use. I too am underwhelmed.

The screamingly obvious and unfortunate exception being Margarita. Her clothes are ridiculous, cheap looking and stand out like a sore thumb, in a very bad way. When TG said he felt absolutely SICK about Kenya leaving, I wanted to be there to administer a sharp slap! You didn't have a save because you threw it away on Fiesta Girl, Tim!

I now think they kept her in the show because of her ties to PR and the drama of the hurricane. What a cheap, tacky thing to do. I don't want to watch the finale, really. I'll probably catch it some other time. The whole season has been off somehow, and now the finalists go to fashion week and it's like they are all asleep at the switch and depressed. Could there be anything more dull and boring than watching the finale? I doubt it. I'm sad about this season. Even the visits to their hometowns were strange and boring. I can't help but think that they were affected by somebody extra being kept in longer than she should have been.

I feel horrible for Kenya.

I cannot believe they chose Marguerita over Kenya.
    crusin, lilymax and short_lived like this.
    "Everyone has a Mt. Everest. ......."

FORT Newbie

I was surprised to learn that the "top four" were going to Fashion Week - not the "top three".

I also didn't see a single gown. A lot of past collections have started or ended with one and I love a good gown! I guess not this time around. :-(

Count me in as underwhelmed as well.

The detail work in Kenya's collection was amazing, but the mother-of-the- bride color was sad and uninspired.

I loved the joy and color in Margerita's collection, however it's already been done...in 1986.

I didn't mind the 2 looks Ayana sent down the runway, however the color was drab. The 2 looks she almost sent down the runway belonged on the prairie with Ma and Pa.

Kentaro's models looked hideous and his looks were about as UN-cohesive as I've ever seen...and he wanted it that way. Umm...ok?

Brandon made 10 looks that are the same basic design, just different hooizits and whatsits hanging off each one....all with pink flamingo fabric. The judges ate it up. Of course they did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast