+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: 11/9 Project Runway 16 Finale Part 1 Show Thread

Re: 11/9 Project Runway 16 Finale Part 1 Show Thread

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I just got to watch last week's show. Poor Tim with his big ol' bandage.

I really liked a lot of Ayana's looks, and was worried when she was sending out two pretty bland outfits to show them. I didn't understand why it was those two, or the two prairie dresses. Why not one of each? But her wedding dress looks super pretty, and I love a show-stopper in a runway show.

They seriously gave Brandon a pass on that horrible fabric? I've said it before, but if he wins with pink flamingos, it will be the most ridiculous thing ever. His colors are underwhelming, the overall look of the collection is boring. The judges are so blind when it comes to him, it's so frustrating. At least they were honest about the top on Lyris, but otherwise their eyes light up when they talk to him and see his looks. I don't get it.

Margarita totally copied Brandon's waistband on her shorts, which looked horrible. I suppose she figures they LOVE everything he does, might as well do something he does, right? Well, that gathered exaggerated look wasn't flattering, but I did like the blue. At first I thought that was a swimsuit, which would've been better than a bodysuit. I didn't like the bomber jacket much either, but the other outfit was okay. The navy fabric is pretty. The other print she made, which she showed Tim in PR but didn't show the judges, was prettier than the one she showed. It was a stripe, I think? Maybe we'll see it in the finale. She won't win, however ... too many issues with her. I hope we get an update on her family and if they're okay in PR after the hurricane.

Kentaro's tumor dress was horrible. The other one was pretty, and that pleated skirt looks like something I wore when I was 10! I loved it then because it was fun to wear. He really can do some neat things, so I'm glad he's in the finals, but I don't think he'll win either.

They'll either go with Ayana (I hope), or the stupid flamingos.
    Please don't call the flamingos stupid, they are not, it is Brandon who is stupid as he chose the fabric and feels it is fashion forward, as does Nina, Zach, and Heidi.
    Babbred likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

I also finally watched the whole show. Ayana's collection was the only one I had no criticisms for. Everyone else dropped the ball in one way or another.

I understand why Kenya was out and not Margarita. Neither of them are great when it comes to having a vision at the start, or a real gameplan while they are working, but ultimately Margarita had a few more flashes of creativity in her looks. I love Kenya like crazy, but her looks were a throwback to the first couple of seasons of the show, when all the designers were addicted to silk charmeuse dresses, week in and week out.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey

And Kenya had nothing to say when they asked her why she should go to FW...except to say repeatedly that she wanted to go.

I finally watched the show. I was not in love with any collection. Ayana--some of her dresses were those that FLDS sister wives would wear. Brandon--his print grew on me, but I wasn't wild about it in every look. He also managed to make the goddess that is Liris to look bad. I am sure he will win as the judges love everything he does. Kentaro was all over the place. I also would not have picked those two looks to show the judges, especially that hideous white dress. He is a treasure though--his whole dead cat story was so adorably off the wall and I loved Tim's reaction. I also laughed at his family thinking Heidi looks like Princess Diana. Kenya is a sweet lady, and I love her family, but she creates looks that are too off the rack. You can find many things that resemble her designs at any Macys or JC Penny's. She just isn't someone I see at NY fashion week. Margarita proved she should have never been saved. I did like that print she created. The only place she belongs is in the audience with her sour puss expression on her face. I do hope her and her family are ok after the hurricane. I also find it interesting at how she copied Brandon when she let Claire derail her for creating a similar top in one challenge. Hopefully what the finalists ultimately show will be more polished than what they delivered this week.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I just got to watch last week's show. Poor Tim with his big ol' bandage.

I really liked a lot of Ayana's looks, and was worried when she was sending out two pretty bland outfits to show them. I didn't understand why it was those two, or the two prairie dresses. Why not one of each? But her wedding dress looks super pretty, and I love a show-stopper in a runway show.

They seriously gave Brandon a pass on that horrible fabric? I've said it before, but if he wins with pink flamingos, it will be the most ridiculous thing ever. His colors are underwhelming, the overall look of the collection is boring. The judges are so blind when it comes to him, it's so frustrating. At least they were honest about the top on Lyris, but otherwise their eyes light up when they talk to him and see his looks. I don't get it.

Margarita totally copied Brandon's waistband on her shorts, which looked horrible. I suppose she figures they LOVE everything he does, might as well do something he does, right? Well, that gathered exaggerated look wasn't flattering, but I did like the blue. At first I thought that was a swimsuit, which would've been better than a bodysuit. I didn't like the bomber jacket much either, but the other outfit was okay. The navy fabric is pretty. The other print she made, which she showed Tim in PR but didn't show the judges, was prettier than the one she showed. It was a stripe, I think? Maybe we'll see it in the finale. She won't win, however ... too many issues with her. I hope we get an update on her family and if they're okay in PR after the hurricane.

Kentaro's tumor dress was horrible. The other one was pretty, and that pleated skirt looks like something I wore when I was 10! I loved it then because it was fun to wear. He really can do some neat things, so I'm glad he's in the finals, but I don't think he'll win either.

They'll either go with Ayana (I hope), or the stupid flamingos.
    What is the Tumor Dress on Kentaro??

Quote Originally Posted by Helenmaco2 View Post
    What is the Tumor Dress on Kentaro??
    Basically a white dress with this huge weird ruffle thing at the hip about as wide as she is at the hips. He has some odd clothes yes, but this one was a bit tasteless (he even regrets the design).

You might be able to see it on their website.

I just love Kentaro. I am hoping he pulls an upset, but think either Brandon or Ayana will take it....
    ryansmommy likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Just watched the finale and I am just sick about the finale. I fully expected them to ask Kentaro and Kenya to show them more looks from their collection. The way they said they didn't like the white dress of Kentaro's and wondered what the rest of Kenya's collection looked like, the easiest way to answer those question would have been to see additional looks from the collections. I feel so bad for Kenya being the only one of the final group to not go to Fashion Week.
    mayamaisha likes this.

Here is a good site for seeing all the looks from last week's show.
    Project Runway S 16 Finale, part 1, Recap | Sew News

The city where I live is known for flamingos, so we get a lot of flamingo-related merchandise in our stores. When Brandon showed his fabric, I thought I had seen it as bed sheets at a local home decor store. I was like: "Oh! Those are the flamingo sheets I almost bought!"

None of the outfits looked luxe or expensive.

Kenya's black dress with the square neckline did nothing for the model. The boobs were nearly falling out. A V-neck would have been much more flattering. Also, anything with pearls gives the impression of old and matronly. I knew Kenya's little pearl cape wasn't going to win any votes.

I hated all the outfits but I loved all the home visits. I especially liked the visit to Marguerita's home in Peurto Rico. The colors and scenery were amazing.

Kentaro is out there. The piano medley to a dead cat left me with the same face as poor Tim. I can only imagine Tim thinking... "How am I supposed to respond to this? "
    redsox girl and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234