+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: 11/9 Project Runway 16 Finale Part 1 Show Thread

Re: 11/9 Project Runway 16 Finale Part 1 Show Thread

This was probably the most underwhelming pre-finale episode of Project Runway I've seen to date.

Kentaro's dead cat inspired puffy Seinfeld dress was horrible. And those Groucho Marx eyebrows his poor models had to sport were just plain cringe worthy.

Brandon was so worried about not being cohesive that he ended up with 10 nearly identical sofa cushions.

I think I remember seeing Margarita's oversized bellbottoms once when I was at Studio 54 in a previous life.

Those 2 looks Ayana almost sent down the runway came straight off of Walton's Mountain.

I think Kenya should have been picked for Fashion Week. True, neither of her looks were all that inspiring this time around, but she's had some very architectural looks throughout the season and for that, she deserved to go. Plus, if for no other reason, they should have picked Kenya based upon Kentaro's negative comments during his critique. The judges should have said, "If you're not going to believe in yourself, then why should we believe in you?" --- dramatic pause --- "Kenya. You're in. You may leave the runway."
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Omg just watching Thursday’s episode. Tim’s reaction to the dead cat reference was hysterical! 🤣🤣😂😂

Well I finally watched all of the episode. That was a waste of 2 hours.
    Babbred likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

I finally figured out what Brandon's models remind me of: Sky divers who've been cut out of trees, leaving the parachutes behind, but not the strings and safety straps.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

Personally I think both Kentaro and Kenya should have gone home. I think Ayana is going to win the season

I think Ayana's going to win, too. IMO, she's the lesser of the evils.

Most of the season I thought it was Brandon's to lose...and I think he's going to.

I don't think ANY of the finalists' designs are all that great and none of them would have been in the top three, on other seasons, let alone win. I think Tim Gunn knew, after the hometown visits, that none of the collections were worthy but what could he do?

In the end, if I could chose the winner...it would be Brandon.
    Last edited by tinderbox; 11-11-2017 at 05:18 PM.

Well, at least All Stars looked good.
    redsox girl and Babbred like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

I must admit I am bewildered by the all the love and adoration on the part of the judges for Brandon's sloppy string concoctions. The outfit that Lyris was put into was a mess. Again, the crop top (how many times has he done that look?) and cinched waist was awful and not finished well at all. He does the same looks over and over and the judges say nothing but how sensational he is. It's easy to surmise that they have been all in for Brandon since day one...they must see a youth marketing potential with him...certainly not a level of sophistication to his collection. Kitschy flamingo upholstery material will not sell to a more "New York" clientele. But what do I know anyway...I've been unimpressed by him all season and why the judges don't see that he's a one trick pony, I do not understand.

IMO, having a strong aesthetic isn't being a one trick pony. Margarita is a good example of someone who hasn't a well-defined aesthetic, thus has stumbled her way through the competition by simply addressing challenges.

Brandon knows who his customer is and designs for her. Margarita, on the other hand, hasn't a clue who she's designing for and, IMO, why her designs have been and are all over the place.
    sunshine3331 likes this.

I just got to watch last week's show. Poor Tim with his big ol' bandage.

I really liked a lot of Ayana's looks, and was worried when she was sending out two pretty bland outfits to show them. I didn't understand why it was those two, or the two prairie dresses. Why not one of each? But her wedding dress looks super pretty, and I love a show-stopper in a runway show.

They seriously gave Brandon a pass on that horrible fabric? I've said it before, but if he wins with pink flamingos, it will be the most ridiculous thing ever. His colors are underwhelming, the overall look of the collection is boring. The judges are so blind when it comes to him, it's so frustrating. At least they were honest about the top on Lyris, but otherwise their eyes light up when they talk to him and see his looks. I don't get it.

Margarita totally copied Brandon's waistband on her shorts, which looked horrible. I suppose she figures they LOVE everything he does, might as well do something he does, right? Well, that gathered exaggerated look wasn't flattering, but I did like the blue. At first I thought that was a swimsuit, which would've been better than a bodysuit. I didn't like the bomber jacket much either, but the other outfit was okay. The navy fabric is pretty. The other print she made, which she showed Tim in PR but didn't show the judges, was prettier than the one she showed. It was a stripe, I think? Maybe we'll see it in the finale. She won't win, however ... too many issues with her. I hope we get an update on her family and if they're okay in PR after the hurricane.

Kentaro's tumor dress was horrible. The other one was pretty, and that pleated skirt looks like something I wore when I was 10! I loved it then because it was fun to wear. He really can do some neat things, so I'm glad he's in the finals, but I don't think he'll win either.

They'll either go with Ayana (I hope), or the stupid flamingos.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast