+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: 11/9 Project Runway 16 Finale Part 1 Show Thread

Re: 11/9 Project Runway 16 Finale Part 1 Show Thread

I liked Margarita’s palette just fine. I love the colors, and I think she will find a way to add the NY vide Heidi asked for. How in the world could the judges select Kentaro? He could hardly recommend himself. I love Kenya but did not respond to that pearl beaded fabric.
    Arielflies likes this.
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I also didn't see a single gown. A lot of past collections have started or ended with one and I love a good gown! I guess not this time around. :-(

Count me in as underwhelmed as well.

The detail work in Kenya's collection was amazing, but the mother-of-the- bride color was sad and uninspired.

I loved the joy and color in Margerita's collection, however it's already been done...in 1986.

I didn't mind the 2 looks Ayana sent down the runway, however the color was drab. The 2 looks she almost sent down the runway belonged on the prairie with Ma and Pa.

Kentaro's models looked hideous and his looks were about as UN-cohesive as I've ever seen...and he wanted it that way. Umm...ok?

Brandon made 10 looks that are the same basic design, just different hooizits and whatsits hanging off each one....all with pink flamingo fabric. The judges ate it up. Of course they did.
    Seriously - Brandon’s flamingo fabric, on every piece as far as I can see, is ridiculous. I’d much prefer to see Margarita’s take on 1986...
    navybelle and AZChristian like this.
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

When Tim made his home visit to Margarita, it said on the screen, "Six Weeks Before Hurricane Maria." Therefore, there's no way the show could have used that for sympathy at the time that the judges sent her to the finale. I actually feel kind of sorry for her; I can't imagine trying to compete while you're so worried for your family.

I will say, though, that I did not appreciate Tim's melodramatic pronouncement to Kenya. "I would save you if I could!" Hello! You were the one who wasted your save on Margarita! Is there some rule that says you can't save anyone once they are in the Final 4/5? Then you should have saved Michael! You have absolutely nobody to blame except yourself, Tim.

I actually thought Margarita's looks weren't bad, in a "best of the worst" kine of way. At least hers had some color! Kenya's looks were pretty, but so bland they could be worn to a wedding. I really love Ayana but man, her looks were just boring. Somebody called Brandon's looks a shower curtain, and it's so true! And what in the heck was that white mess Kentaro sent down the runway? For that matter, where in the heck did he dream up that styling? Those poor models looked hideous! I felt so sorry for them. Whoever makes it to Fashion Week will have to really step it up. Otherwise, you'll have to wake the judges up so that they pick a winner. :

By the way, Margarita's shaggy dress from last week reminded me of something from The Flinstones. I told hubby, "Just give that poor model a club and she's all set!" Or the shag rug my grandmother had on her floor when I was a kid.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

This was TWO HOURS, why?
    Babbred and woodiedog like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

I do want to watch, and I want Aya to win.

I prefer four shows to three.

Poor Kentaro is having some communication problems. He has not focused on shows. So he is a little disconnected.

Kentaro's white dress--it looks like Game of Thrones with a head hanging from the waste. Horrible hair and makeup on Kentaro's plus sized model......clothes too big for my liking
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

I know folks feel that Brandon is the anointed one, but it was nice to hear him get lit into over that hideous top.

At least Kentaro admitted the little poof on the hip was a bad choice and could've led to his elimination.

Sorry - Margarita should NOT be there, and reading she has some ties to PR apparently makes me even madder she's showing over Kenya. There was ZERO excuse for that Barbie doll design gap in the back of the dress (by this I mean an hemmed gap in the back after velcro-ing the top) last week with that fur dress, and she shouldn't have gotten a pass. People were eliminated in previous seasons for even less glaring gaps.

I think Tim should've saved his "Tim Gunn Save" until this week - he has done this before with Kini his first season. It's why they had a final four fashion week.

Given he used it on Margarita and her save last week to do a Fashion Week collection - I think he was FORCED to save her by production.

Honestly - I agree pretty much with everyone's comments: with the exception of a few pieces here and there (mostly from the ELIMINATED designer) it's a ho-hum final runway. Only Kentaro's I wanted to see more of, even with that bad judgement, but easy to fix long term, white dress.
    mayamaisha, lilymax and Babbred like this.

"...Meta-Foric-Cally!" Kocky_Kamikaze's Avatar

I'm still underwhelmed by Brandon. He still makes figure unflattering looks with random straps hanging from it. It's fine if you're an eight-year-old ragamuffin hip hop sk8ter boi but, sophisticated women like Lyris and some of the other models do not fit that look. Tired of them slobbering over him. He should have been gone long ago.

I love Ayanna's Captain EO outfit.

Not crazy about the tumor on Kentaro's white skirt. But i do like the other dress.

Kentaro's nerves are SHOT! I disagree when Heidi said he should lie about being ready when he says that he's not. If it don't fit...

So physically appalled that Kenya's not going!!
    mayamaisha and Kicksave1052 like this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

FORT Fanatic

That is twice now that Tim told them to do something and it back fired. He told Kenya the black dress was to plain and to at that beaded thing. Mind you I think she really needed to tighten up the top of that dress that models top looked really bad to me.

I really like Ayanna's looks last night, not sure I like the Little House and the prairie looks but that gown on the stand looked really nice.

Brandon's was all the same too me. Not fond of the flamingos pattern either. So pale and he did that on purpose...lol

Poor Tim had to go to all the home visits with a band aid on his forehead...ouch glad he didn't break any bones with is fall.
    redsox girl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    These are all a bit strange. It' like they all picked similar, muted colors to use. I too am underwhelmed.

The screamingly obvious and unfortunate exception being Margarita. Her clothes are ridiculous, cheap looking and stand out like a sore thumb, in a very bad way. When TG said he felt absolutely SICK about Kenya leaving, I wanted to be there to administer a sharp slap! You didn't have a save because you threw it away on Fiesta Girl, Tim!

I now think they kept her in the show because of her ties to PR and the drama of the hurricane. What a cheap, tacky thing to do. I don't want to watch the finale, really. I'll probably catch it some other time. The whole season has been off somehow, and now the finalists go to fashion week and it's like they are all asleep at the switch and depressed. Could there be anything more dull and boring than watching the finale? I doubt it. I'm sad about this season. Even the visits to their hometowns were strange and boring. I can't help but think that they were affected by somebody extra being kept in longer than she should have been.

I feel horrible for Kenya.
    But when Tim visited San Juan, the bottom of the screen said something like 4 weeks before the hurricane. So when Tim used the save on her, it was 4 weeks, plus however long she had been working on the collection before Tim arrived. I don't see how keeping her in the show could have been related to the hurricane. The events of last night's show were prior to the hurricane as well. That said, I didn't like most of what she showed. Except those pants. I loved those pants!

I have been pulling for Kenya all season and I hate that she is gone, but what she showed last night was not good. I still don't understand how that beautiful blue dress she put on Liris lost to the little Bo Peep cap.

Kentaro has completely lost his mind and was really wierding me out last night. Just no. I was repulsed by the way he styled those models.

Brandon I think has had the season giftwrapped for him since the beginning, so it is probably fruitless to hope for a different winner. Ayana is the only one left for me. I wish she had shown that beautiful dress last night instead of 2 pants looks. I am so looking forward to that dress on the runway

I agree with those of you who were missing spectacular gowns on the runway, too! I wanted to see that, and I did want a bit of color, just not the sh*t that margarita designs. The colors she used may be joyful and happy, but we have seen little of that in her personality. More like a lemon color, i'd say.

My comment that her ties to PR had something to do with her many saves was just frustration, and the absolute feeling of bewilderment I have over her still being on the show. It's been a rather ho-hum season, with ho-hum personalities as well as fashions, I hate to say. Kentaro has a very dark outlook in some ways, and I started to see that some time ago. He's a strange one, is Kentaro. But I did like his dress (the salmon color, not the white). I was totally shocked at Ayanna, because she had presented some beautifully colored designs early on. Bold, you might say. I can't account for what happened, or why they all chose such bland colors except for Margarita. It's all imbued with such a strangeness that I can't quite figure out. The finale episodes seem to be colored by a strange dullness disease that affected all of them but Margarita, because she doesn't quite fit in.

It's almost as if we're watching a different show than the one we are used to.
    mayamaisha likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast