+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: 11/2 Project Runway 16 Show Thread

Re: 11/2 Project Runway 16 Show Thread

Well, I love Brandon....

Quote Originally Posted by JosephD View Post
    I don't travel much so can only give my opinion based on familiar surroundings. Where I'm from they don't wear expensive, high-end fashion to church. They wear affordable, off-the-rack Macy's and Kohls-type clothes, so that's why I feel Ayana would have a hard time selling her garments. If she wanted to scale back and become more commercial, then I agree, she has a market. But this is Project Runway and commercial wear is not the premise of the show.
    It's not so much that church ladies have to buy high fashion but that the church ladies I know dress like potato sacks regardless where they purchase their clothes.
    No goat killers on my island.

Margarita is a sniveling, childish, pathetic, and entitled woman. Not only that, but that awful fur dress was a complete disaster. The coat? Meh! It was a simple wrap coat. I can't believe she went to fashion week. ...and to think, I kind of liked her the first week or two of the show. Yikes!

Also, I find Ayana's designs mediocre. She tries too hard and her over grown self confidence grew into a negative, imo.

I, also, like Brandon. I don't think he's at all self centered. I hope wins the season. (I haven't read or seen a spoiler.)
    Last edited by tinderbox; 11-05-2017 at 02:52 PM.

And we learned in the previews for next week that only 3 of them will actually show at Fashion Week. The other 2 will be decoys.

Five collections openly created for Fashion Week is a first. I think it's possible that we'll see four filmed walking the NYFW runway. Or, then again, it might just be three.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    Five collections openly created for Fashion Week is a first. I think it's possible that we'll see four filmed walking the NYFW runway. Or, then again, it might just be three.
    Usually the top 6 to 8 designers have collections that walk Fashion Week, they do that as decoys so no one will guess the winner.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    And we learned in the previews for next week that only 3 of them will actually show at Fashion Week. The other 2 will be decoys.
    I meant that 5 will walk for only 3 will be official.

I get it. However, Heidi didn't definitely say only three, she said they're only guaranteeing three spots. Thus, there's wiggle room for a possible fourth collection.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    I missed the previews. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    I get it. However, Heidi didn't definitely say only three, she said they're only guaranteeing three spots. Thus, there's wiggle room for a possible fourth collection.
    I agree, though it is rare. There was one I know of - the year Dom Streater won the first time. That year was also the year of Justin's pipette dress for the final runway, and it still is a showstopper IMHO (though it tends to be ignored a lot over say Austin Scarlett's cornhusk dress).

This group - I see a final three however UNLESS Anaya stumbles and Kenya knocks it out of the park. Like most I think it'll be Brandon, Kentaro and Ayana for sure based on overall season. Kenya I see as the fourth.

If Margarita manages to get into the final show - I would dare say Tim's "what were they smoking" comment a few years back when Gretchen won over Mondo WOULD fit this decision. She should've been eliminated for that dress that made Liris look heavier than she is (and honestly, it's the only time she's genuinely looked to have gained weight in a dress - even Kentaro's Pocahontas inspired look made her look trim), let alone was not constructed correctly.
    Babbred likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast