+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: 11/2 Project Runway 16 Show Thread

Re: 11/2 Project Runway 16 Show Thread

Quote Originally Posted by calicokat View Post
    Ack! the episodes are no longer available on the Lifetime sight to watch, they are locked Why are so many networks going to this?? If I had cable (which they want me to sign in with) um, I wouldn't be trying to watch the episodes on your websight *sigh*

Anybody have ideas for where the episodes are available for free still?
    You Tube may be your best hope.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I'm just not intrigued nor entertained by any of the contestants nor their designs this season. I stopped watching until the twins were eliminated because they irritated me so much. Brandon is a cutie (except for the man bun), but all of his designs are basically the same (at least he has a design style). Kentaro is my favorite because he is such a sweetie and I think he is the best designer. The rest are just ho hum.
    woodiedog likes this.

Fort Member
    where its beautiful one day perfect the next

I am happy that we have two designers going to fashion week that do androgynous outfits for woman that I really love, one designer that designs for normal and plus sized women, one designer that makes different and unusual outfits always with modesty in mind which will be something completely different that what we normally see and one designer, ummm, hmmm what is it that Margarita does?

I really know nothing about fashion as i thought the fur dress was horrible and looked like all she did was take a piece of fake fur line it wrap it round the model and put a belt on it like a toga dress from fur instead of a sheet it was not even sewed together right and all she had to do was seam it up the back but then this show usually reminds me of how little i know
    Happiness is an unexpected piece of chocolate!

I think I have figured out how I feel about Margarita. I mean I like Kenya as a person, I admire her struggle and her determination, and I like how she designs for a rounder, curvier woman. Margarita I think plays the victim. She is so sure she is better than the other women and that she, Kentaro, and Brandon are the fashion designers and that Kenya and Ayana are simply dressmakers. That she, Kentaro, and Brandon are the destined three to go to fashion week. What a blow to her ego when NO ONE named her in as one of the two designers they wanted to take to fashion week. Then she attacks the other designers for their decisions? I think she is a tad nasty in her confessionals especially toward the other two ladies. Personally I would have been fine with her going last week and this week. I don't know why the designers whine about being in the top three as Project Runway usually shows the top 6 or so designers work at fashion week anyway.

I am not all that excited about this season it is so obvious the judges are fawning all over Brandon. Who wants to wear a winter jacket that heavy?
    No goat killers on my island.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    I am not all that excited about this season it is so obvious the judges are fawning all over Brandon. Who wants to wear a winter jacket that heavy?
    The jacket has to be that heavy so that her stomach and other exposed parts don't freeze to death underneath. Not impressed with Brandon. Every look is just a variation on what he has done since week one.
    Bearcata and Babbred like this.
    I'm Paula.

Those of us who live in the northeast & lived through a polar vortex want a thick, heavy jacket. In fact I ordered one very similar online last week. I hate being cold.

That fur dress, I thought it was a new Muppet figure.
    Babbred likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Those of us who live in the northeast & lived through a polar vortex want a thick, heavy jacket. In fact I ordered one very similar online last week. I hate being cold.

That fur dress, I thought it was a new Muppet figure.
    I have lived around the great lakes and understand being cold but the jacket does not have to be heavy to be warm.
    Kicksave1052 likes this.

I just now caught up with the rest of you and all I can say is, yikes! -- you guys are brutal when it comes to Brandon.

I don't get an arrogant, cocky vibe from him at all. In fact, I think he's pretty humble considering all the accolades that have been showered on him all season. I thought his coat was amazing, but the open-toed shoes and bare midriff was a definite misstep.

I liked Kenya's coat but the blouse and pants I could do without.

Ayana's outfit was all wrong, imo. The paint looked to me like the model had been standing too close to the curb when a car came barreling down the road and splattered her with mud. The MC Hammer jumpsuit was not a good look at all.

Margarita. Poor Margarita. Poor, poor misunderstood Margarita. I didn't care for her faux fur dress, but I liked the coat, even though it was pretty much like every coat you can purchase at the mall.

Kentaro's coat was nice looking, but a little too much work when it comes to getting in and out of it. The shorts were all wrong for that outfit and for winter, but I just knew Heidi was going to love them.

Unless Kenya and Margarita pull out some AMAZINGLY unexpected pieces to show the judges this next round, I'm pretty sure they'll be eliminated. Fashion Week seems to me like it's destined to be Brandon, Kentaro and Ayana. I got a feeling Kentaro's going to win based on preference and marketability. Brandon's preference is to make men's wear. Ayana's marketability is limited because of her desire to design for the modest woman.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephD View Post
    I just now caught up with the rest of you and all I can say is, yikes! -- you guys are brutal when it comes to Brandon.

I don't get an arrogant, cocky vibe from him at all. In fact, I think he's pretty humble considering all the accolades that have been showered on him all season. I thought his coat was amazing, but the open-toed shoes and bare midriff was a definite misstep.

I liked Kenya's coat but the blouse and pants I could do without.

Ayana's outfit was all wrong, imo. The paint looked to me like the model had been standing too close to the curb when a car came barreling down the road and splattered her with mud. The MC Hammer jumpsuit was not a good look at all.

Margarita. Poor Margarita. Poor, poor misunderstood Margarita. I didn't care for her faux fur dress, but I liked the coat, even though it was pretty much like every coat you can purchase at the mall.

Kentaro's coat was nice looking, but a little too much work when it comes to getting in and out of it. The shorts were all wrong for that outfit and for winter, but I just knew Heidi was going to love them.

Unless Kenya and Margarita pull out some AMAZINGLY unexpected pieces to show the judges this next round, I'm pretty sure they'll be eliminated. Fashion Week seems to me like it's destined to be Brandon, Kentaro and Ayana. I got a feeling Kentaro's going to win based on preference and marketability. Brandon's preference is to make men's wear. Ayana's marketability is limited because of her desire to design for the modest woman.
    No, I think Ayana has a market, I have a lot of church ladies at work and it would be so nice if they wore something more fashionable and not their normal potato sack mess that makes them look 25 yrs older then they are and gives them the shape of a potato sack.

As far as Brandon is concerned yeap there is a lot of underlying smirk and gloat in his attitude.
    mayamaisha, Photobabe and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    No, I think Ayana has a market, I have a lot of church ladies at work and it would be so nice if they wore something more fashionable and not their normal potato sack mess that makes them look 25 yrs older then they are and gives them the shape of a potato sack.

As far as Brandon is concerned yeap there is a lot of underlying smirk and gloat in his attitude.
    I don't travel much so can only give my opinion based on familiar surroundings. Where I'm from they don't wear expensive, high-end fashion to church. They wear affordable, off-the-rack Macy's and Kohls-type clothes, so that's why I feel Ayana would have a hard time selling her garments. If she wanted to scale back and become more commercial, then I agree, she has a market. But this is Project Runway and commercial wear is not the premise of the show.
    ryansmommy likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast