+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: 11/2 Project Runway 16 Show Thread

Re: 11/2 Project Runway 16 Show Thread

There's just something wrong this season. Margarita going to Fashion Week, so there need to be five? Wth? I'm not sure what the producers are thinking here, but there is no way she earned a trip to the final, and that outfit was horrid. Her work is pedestrian as far as I'm concerned, for the most part, and tends to be costumey as well. I think if this season had been loaded with talented designers as it has been in the past at times, there's no way she would even have won a challenge. It just seems so off somehow, her being given a save, then a chance with the faux fur, then we hear her complaining about having no apartment or job in LA to go back to, etc. I don't feel a bit sorry for her. In fact, I was thinking to myself if she really felt entitled to go to Fashion Week, she has an unrealistically high opinion of her design ability. It just all seems so pre-ordained. Fake.

It takes the excitement out of it. I think the rest of them deserve to be there, for different reasons, mainly that they do have the talent. I can't imagine what the PTB were thinking here. That there'd not be enough "wow factor" or something? That since the season has been a bit dull, they need five collections? I've been unusually bored this time. I've been really irritated and annoyed by first the twins and now Margarita. I have other ideas as to why she was not sent home, but I will keep those to myself, lol.

Does anybody else feel just a bit let down or over the whole thing? Maybe it's just me. Old and grumpy.

(eta: I don't hate the girl, I don't even know her. and I don't wish for bad things to happen to her. I just find her fully as annoying as those twins were, and it's beyond me that she was basically given a pass or four. It's her work. Not at all up to snuff. It sort of reminds me of Ashley winning. And I just don't like it. It seems unfair somehow, when I feel that more talented designers were sent home, and she was saved.)
    Last edited by lilymax; 11-02-2017 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Bare midriff and open toed shoes! Honestly, they're just so in love with the guy he can do anything he wants, no matter how dumb. I didn't like his smugness when everyone was voting for him; to me it looked like he knew he has this in the bag. Which he probably does, but still.

I hope Kentaro or Ayana pulls out the win (of the whole season) somehow.

Margarita's bad attitude is annoying.
    Brandon has become a bit smug hasn't he? I think he thought he was going to win the day's challenge. Did you see how he hesitated before leaving the runway as if he was waiting to hear more from the judges? smh Crop tops, open-toed shoes & shorts for winter wear? I don't get it. At least Kentaro had boots with his outfit.

Margarita's fur dress, imo, was horrible! It wasn't even finished! Poor Margarita, no one chose her to go to fashion week. I can't with her. She thinks she is better than she is. What is her POV? I hope Ayana wins. She has really stretched herself and is so creative on the real. Kenya, likes tailored-made clothes, she just needs to calm down. Maybe if she goes to fashion week and is not under such time restraints she'll shine.
    navybelle and Babbred like this.
    "Everyone has a Mt. Everest. ......."

There was NO reason to let Margarita advance with the rest of them. Her look was like so many of the others she's done -- an unfinished half thought. Heidi (as she has been for the last several seasons) was full of it in her reasoning -- "you need more time to come up with your looks" -- then what is the the entire competition about? Fashion Week is supposed to be the reward for those who excelled at the challenges in spite of the time limits and stress. Margarita was kind of a bitter bitch all season who put a bunch of looks on that runway that were held together with excuses and tales of what she would have shown if it was a finished, complete vision. I call BS.

I think she's going just to make sure there's drama in the finale workroom, because the rest of them love each other so much. I almost don't want to watch the finale -- Brandon's going to win, so why bother.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FORT Fogey Ms.pacman New Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion awesomekina23's Avatar

Tim: Today, you will be designing for a woman trekking across the frozen Arctic in subzero temperatures and blinding snow.
    Brandon: I know! I'll make a crop top!

Kentaro's shorts seemed like an odd choice for a winter look as well but I did like his coat.

One minute I would love the fabric on Kenya's coat and the next minute I thought it looked like a couch from the 80s. Her tailoring is always superb but her fabric choices and the way she mixes prints is hit or miss. That polka dot top did not go with the plaid coat at all.

The way Ayana's coat could be short or long was fantastic. She's come out of nowhere to be the person I would most like to see win.

Margarita's dress looked like a bath rug belted to the model's body. I don't see how the judges approved of that.

I wish the guest chair would be a viewer.
    mayamaisha, lilymax and Kfou like this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

FORT Fogey

Yeah, and if it's a guest viewer judge, for this challenge, it should have been someone who lives where they have real winter, with snow and sub-zero temperatures who could've explained frostbite to Brandon and Kentaro. You don't wear bare midriffs and shorts in the winter. You just don't. Not unless you want to freeze.

I also agree with those who think Brandon is starting to sound a little full of himself. Too bad, as he seemed genuinely humble at the start of the season.

I actually wasn't crazy about Ayana's look. First, I really don't like hot pink, even as an accent color. Second, the saggy bottomed drawers on the outfit underneath the coat wouldn't look good on anyone who wasn't built like a stick and didn't even look that good on her stick-thin model. Reminded me of the awful bottoms in Gretchen's win.

The preview for next week also made it sound as if someone will be eliminated before fashion week.
    Kfou likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post

Kenya brought nothing besides that horrible scarf to wear?? I'm hating it.
    I was thinking the same thing. That cheetah scarf...every.single.week. Arghhh!
    Arielflies and Kfou like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. That cheetah scarf...every.single.week. Arghhh!
    Maybe it's a good luck scarf or a gift from her mom or something. I have to believe it has some significance.
    Kfou likes this.
    "Everyone has a Mt. Everest. ......."

I thought it was a shame that they did not get to rest and celebrate winning a show at fashion week. I think a restful mind is more productive. Marguerite's was not finished. Only a toothpick would want to wear heavy trim as a dress.

But I guess they are trying to turn up the suspense and have the best show. We wanted to celebrate the finalists' celebration; and they took that away from us.

Aya sure should have a website to sell her dresses/things. She would be a very rich young woman.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

FORT Fogey

All three of the women had weak outfits under their coats, but the fur thing was a horror and what is with Tim defending it. When a judge said that the back was a mess, Tim piped up that it was never intended for it to be displayed!!! Duh Tim. Everything out out on the runway is for display.

I was shocked that M. cursed out her peers for not picking her to go to Fashion Week. Even if you thought it, keep it to yourself, but she was bleeped so her language was pretty strong in her anger. They didn't pick you because like most of us, they didn't think you deserve it!!!
    mayamaisha, Babbred and Kfou like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast