+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: PR16 Fashion Week Runway Collections **SPOILERS**

Re: PR16 Fashion Week Runway Collections **SPOILERS**

This is a great, concise video of each collection & all of the models walking in NY Fashion Week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKmUvawo0AY
    Bearcata and ryansmommy like this.

Great find! Watching the looks moving down the runway makes a huge difference.

I haven't looked at the photos in the previous links but I watched the videos -- I pray that Kenya's wasn't the collection full of peplums, because that was a hot booboo mess. I wasn't blown away by Brandon's, I was expecting more drama.

I think Ayana's was the best. Her finale look was EPIC, like an Eastern take on a Vermeer painting.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Ayana's wedding dress was just spectacular.
    And I do think the peplum look was Kenya's, as that's her signature.
    I was a little surprised that Brandon's collections was rather subdued--not all the bells and whistles of his usual stuff.
    In the previews, don't the judges say that one collection looks too costumey? That would have to be Margarita's.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    This is a great, concise video of each collection & all of the models walking in NY Fashion Week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKmUvawo0AY
    Great find. The first three collections were amazingly similar. Pretty obvious which ones were Brandon and Ayana and Kenya.
    No goat killers on my island.

Contrary to popular opinion, I liked Margarita's collection the best, but that is my asthetic. I love bright, colorful, tropical, Caribbean feeling type clothes. Always have.

I liked a couple of pieces in the other designer collections, but for me, they were boring, void of color...plain Jane. I do realize that there are many that prefer basic, solid colors. But I did find Ayana's wedding dress to be gorgeous.

It does seem that Brandon is the golden boy this season, but I thought his collection was meh...same ole, same ole.
    redsox girl and AZChristian like this.

FORT Fogey

There was nothing that grabbed me---not like the old days when there were really talented designers.

I actually liked who I think was Kentaro' alot -more so than Brandon. It had the black and white with some red pieces. And I honestly liked Margarita's a lot as it was fun and colorful. But the best piece was Ayana's wedding dress! Lovely!
    I think Michael's was the red feathers one for some reason. Could be wrong.Brandon's was boring and I have loved a lot of his this season. Overall not that great. When I think back on Christian and Mondo this is not as good but I enjoyed many of the contestants this year minus those twins! YUK!
    Kfou likes this.

Thanks for the link! It was easy to see who was who, because we have seen so much of the show already. I loved Ayanna's wedding dress, and I didn't mind some of Kentaro's looks as well as Ayanna's. The lack of color was obvious and sad. Some of these outfits, if made with other fabrics, would look entirely different. There is some good design work there, I think, but it's smothered and snuffed out by the palettes!

Having loud colors didn't hide Margarita's lack of ability and taste, unfortunately. I thought her patterns clashed badly.

It took me some minutes to figure out the first collection was Michael's. Some of that wasn't bad, but what the hell was he thinking, putting a red tail on his last model???

Brandon the Strap Man. I just don't get it.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I thought Michael's might have been his attempt to give the finger to Project Runway for forcing him to create a decoy collection. "You want something? Here you go. Deal with it."

Brandon's: boring, Walmart bargain barrel cheap-looking fabric, used to make basic Home Ec class level stuff (before you learn to do darts).
    Ayana's: beautiful, and a great evolution during the season.
    Kenya's: love her to death, but this collection would have been more appropriate during a "mother of the bride" segment at a bridal show.
    Kentaro: between his piano playing and the dead cat story, I was getting worried about him. At least his stuff was more what one expects to see in a "fashion" runway (as opposed to ready-to-wear).
    Margarita: wasn't a fan of her personality, but I felt that her collection was more "get their attention at a Spring fashion show" stuff.

I watched the videos of the final runway. The styling was so weird that I actually thought that Kentaro and Brandon were using a couple of male models. A little "too" androgynous for my taste.
    Last edited by AZChristian; 11-11-2017 at 10:47 AM.
    Kfou likes this.
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast