+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: 10/26 Project Runway 16 Show Thread

10/26 Project Runway 16 Show Thread

FINAL FOUR,not, but FIVE! Sorry about that.

In an emotional runway, designers create looks inspired by women who battled breast cancer, known as "Warrior Women".
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-27-2017 at 02:27 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Re: 10/26 Project Runway 16 Show Thread

As of Tim's visit to the workroom, I'm liking Ayana's outfit so far, but the boys are boring me. zzzz Brandon with his "signature" look, according to Tim, who asks if he is pushing himself enough. Yay - thanks, Tim! Kenya is making something that looks a little crafty to me. But, maybe she'll be able to pull it together, and at least it's a pretty blue. Margarita has a pretty red dress started, which I really like, but if she puts a gold corset on it, YUCK! Tim tries to wave her off of it, which is very lucky for her.

What the heck is Heidi wearing?? It looks like something from the early 80s disco era, but uglier. The one sleeve, long sleeve, and the criss-cross neckline w/peek-a-boo tummy is just ridiculous looking!
    Babbred likes this.

FORT Fogey Ms.pacman New Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion awesomekina23's Avatar

Kenya- She made Liris look amazing (the best she's looked all season)! The color was great, fit was great, had some drama at the top. Liris was popping off the screen.

Ayana- Interesting, original, well made. It's hard to choose between her and Kenya but I think she gets the win on originality.

Margarita- Loved the bottom, hated the top. Once she picked out the gold, I knew she was in trouble. If she went with black, it wouldn't have clashed and looked as Wonder Woman-y. She deserved to be on the bottom but Kentaro's was worse.

Brandon- HE WON?! He does a crop top and loose pants nearly every week. And that bonnet was ugly. It looked better with the hood down but I still can't get over how the judges haven't called him out on doing the same sort of thing every week. On the recent seasons, I feel like the judges have one favorite and they play down their weak points and sing their praises in a super obvious way (Ashley, Erin, now Brandon)

Kentaro- Plain and just bad. He should have been the one to go.
    GolfGrrl, beerbelly and Babbred like this.

I think this was the last chance Tim had to use his save, so I think he would've used it on any of them tonight. He also happened to like Margarita's look and encouraged it, so he probably felt a tad guilty knowing him.

I can appreciate the work that went into Ayana's shirt, but I personally didn't like it... I kept thinking of the puffy shirt from Seinfeld.

Kenya's look was simple but stunning.

Brandon made a cropped and dropped, strings and things look again and won?? I'm shocked. Wait....no, I'm not. Sigh...
    AZChristian and Babbred like this.

I hate Brandon's bonnet. The judges are loving his look, and loving how weird it is. He can do whatever he wants, it seems, just because they like him.

Margarita's corset is well done, but I don't like it on top of the red. She can do no right - if Brandon would've made it, it would've been fine I'm sure!

Kentaro's black monstrosity is not going over well. They're calling out the boys on their similar "vibes" saying Kentaro's looks like Brandon's too much. Little do they know Brandon's always asking for feedback and Kentaro's opinions.

Ayana's look is cool, and they're liking the execution. She's getting a good review! I like the ruffle on the top, and the fabric choices - the black and white print is neat next to the cotton shirt.

And, they choose Brandon to win. Of course. I don't have a problem with him personally, but I just think it's so obvious that they want him to win.

Going home is Margarita. Tough night for her. I would've been interested to see what she would make for Fashion Week! OH, wait! Tim's using his save!! Yay!! I think she deserves a chance, even if her look wasn't the best tonight. Hooray! Previews for next week show her making something very very furry ... uh oh.
    GolfGrrl likes this.

FORT Newbie

The judges concluded that Brandon had the most "editorial" design based on the challenge.

Just when we got rid of Margarita Tim has to save her, but it will probably be two designers eliminated next week.
    No goat killers on my island.

Margarita was actually wearing a gold wide bangle on her wrist. Thank goodness she didn't have her model wear it or Heidi's Wonder Woman outfit would have been complete. Yeah, any color other than shiny gold might have got her point across, but then she didn't have time to fully tuck up the skirt into the bustier. Or maybe a cummerbund rather than a bustier and used the red for the bustline...she was thinking in that direction at one point. All in all, though, very happy Tim gave her another chance though next week's previews look bad for her.

Yes, Brandon made the same thing only with more layers for an editorial look and that is all they cared about. Frankly, I think Kenya made the most editorial look of this runway. I'm glad she went all blue (which spoke to her) and didn't use the red just because it is a power color.

Finally...DO NOT BLOW A WHISTLE ANYWHERE NEAR SWATCH!!!! Poor Tim looked discombobulated.
    GolfGrrl, MFWalkoff and Babbred like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I wrote my notes before judge's comments, but wouldn't change a thing.

Brandon - been there, done that. Dislike it all, especially hate the drop crotch. The emporer has no clothes.
    Ayana - love the blouse, don't care for the apron on the pants.
    Margarita - love the volume, wish the bustier wasn't metallic gold.
    Mental - unfortunate copy of Brandon's fabric strips, black part looks like a graduation gown
    Kenya - my fav, great color & silhouette.

Now that I know Brandon won, I expect a VERY ho-hum, drone-like collection from him...all waving strips of fabric over layers of boxes in muted colors. He lost his creative streak in about week 3. Everything has looked the same since then.
    navybelle likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast