+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: 10/26 Project Runway 16 Show Thread

Re: 10/26 Project Runway 16 Show Thread

I love me some Brandon...
    Thought Kenya deserved the win this week, though.

I thought Brandon's look was super cute even with the hood, but O.M.G. when are the judges going to chastise him for his lack of creativity? I can't believe he won again. I think that Kenya deserved to win. That blue dress looked amazing on Liris.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

WTH??? Tim used his save on a designer who shouldn't even be here? I was shocked. I didn't believe Tim when he said he liked Margarita's dress. I think the producers have done some monkeying around with this season, probably because as some of us noticed, these designers don't seem on a par with past season designers, for the most part.

That dress has been done in some form a basquillion times, and I think had this been a different group, Margarita would have been told that it was tacky, tasteless, old hat....etc. She hasn't really done anything amazing, and her win with the shirtdress was a dull one. A shirtdress is nothing new. Her work resembles costumes mostly. Can she sew a pretty dress? Probably. But she doesn't have what this show is supposed to be looking for in a designer.

I liked Brandon's, but it was still more of the same from him. I thought Kentaro in the beginning was making something almost just like Brandon's, but he ended up with different colors and not at all what he started with. As for the other two ladies, I liked their garments, but the blue dress, although beautiful on the model, didn't look new or fresh to me.

Fort Member
    where its beautiful one day perfect the next

I think if i was super skinny i would wear Brandon's clothes but as I am not I would wear Kenya's
    I think Kentaro has proven in other episodes that he is super talented he has just lost the plot in the last 2
    I don't think I have seen anything from Margaretta that has wowed me
    But I am just very happy that the twins are gone so whoever wins from here is ok as its been a few seasons since there has not been someone I have greatly disliked in the final
    Arielflies and Babbred like this.
    Happiness is an unexpected piece of chocolate!

FORT Fogey

I am surprised that we have not heard Nina's stock comment about a "taste issue' is describing Margarita's clothes.

Say what you want about Brandon, but they love his stuff because the style, shape and structure are unique and things they have not seen before from other designers. Kenya's blue dress was pretty but really not anything new.

I moved the latest speculation on Fashion Week runway to the News and Speculation thread: Project Runway 16 - News & Speculation
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Personally I was a bit annoyed with Brandon this episode he knows the judges luv his stuff and he sorta acts, or thinks he has already won this season. He is at times a bit smug about it.
    redsox girl, navybelle and Babbred like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Personally I was a bit annoyed with Brandon this episode he knows the judges luv his stuff and he sorta acts, or thinks he has already won this season. He is at times a bit smug about it.

Yeah, the "aw shucks" persona from the beginning of the season has decinitely worn off. I used to like him but he's starting to irritate me. I know he's going to win, so I'm just hoping Kenya and Ayana do well with the exposure they get here. I really hope Margarita doesn't make it to the finale because she doesn't dserve it. Once again Tim wasted his save.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Although I tend to believe Tim Gunn used his save to cover his own behind for having encouraged Margarita to continue with that ridiculous corset, maybe there's another reason.

Although Kentaro's look was, also, not up to par, Margarita's 2-day runway look was said to be so sloppily finished might have had everything to do with why she got the ax.

Regardless, it could be that at this point Tim Gunn (or production) needed him to dispose of the save and this was the last opportunity.

(I looked back and a Tim Gunn save never amounts to anything more than the receiving designer finishing the season in third place or fourth place if even that.)
    Babbred likes this.

I disagree with many of you. I didn't like Kenya's dress at all. Made the model look so top heavy, imo.

Tim shouldn't have used his save. Hated Margaretia's dress.

True. Brandon does serve up the same design challenge after challenge, and I hate drop crotch pants, but I'm not upset he won.

I think this entire season is rather mediocre.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast