+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: 10/26 Project Runway 16 Show Thread

Re: 10/26 Project Runway 16 Show Thread

I predict fashion week result will align to tonight's top 3: Brandon (win), Ayana (place), Kenya (show). Judges clearly favor these 3. And I will be hugely disappointed with a Brandon win.
    Lizard, navybelle and Babbred like this.

The judges keep telling Brandon that his looks speak to what's out there today -- I think I'll stay in the house for a while till it passes. I agree with them that his looks are editorial and incorporate different ideas -- but I have never seen a designer NOT get clocked for churning out the same gimmicks week after week. Usually at this point in the season, when the judges are saying they knew exactly which look was his, it's no longer a compliment. But they are still enthralled by him for some reason. Oy. Oh, and I hated the bonnet -- it wouldn't work unless the wearer had the attitude to pull it off.

I so wanted Kenya to get the win, and I honestly think she deserved it. "Editorial" doesn't mean avant garde, just worthy of a photo spread. And she worked through her creative block (thanks Tim) and came up with a look that would make almost any women feel powerful AND sexy. And those petals WERE dramatic and "editorial" enough for me -- they were regal and shaped in a way to give the neck and head a lovely frame, almost like a cameo.

Ayana's was just as good in several ways, and it would have been a worthy winner too -- but I was really pulling for Kenya tonight.

Kentaro needs to work on the opposite side of the room from Brandon from now on. I'm still not convinced who stole more from whom but I'm thinking Brandon was in the weeds longer than Kentaro was, so I'd point the finger Brandon's way first. But Kentaro's look was basically ruined when the original hoodie didn't fit the model. WHat he replaced it with was, as Zac put it, a black blob.

Despite her touching personal story, Margarita's look sucked. Period. It was an 80s prom gown that would be worn by the girl who is always mean to Molly Ringwald in any of her John Hughes movies. And the construction sucked. AND, the judges didn't "get" what she was going for until she explained it on the runway. And that means it failed.

Tim should have used his save of Michael last week. I would have liked to have seen what he would have done this week. Instead he basically wasted it on Margarita. Sigh.
    Arielflies, navybelle and Babbred like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I loved he top 3; even though I would not wear Brandon’s look. He is out there but he does have amazing attention to detail. I would wear ayanas outfit or Kenya’s dress. Both were so beautiful.

Kentero and Brandon started to mind meld. Kentero leveraged all the styling from his bro. It was not a good look. The black sucked all of the light out of the room. The proportion was unflattering.

Margarita had a beautiful dress without the Wonder Woman corset. If she had spent more time on deatails and less time on the corset, she might have been safe. I’m glad Tim used his save, I like the final 5.

Has Marguerite ever had one of the p!us sized models?

It is good to send four to fashion week in case one flubs up. I could see reasons for allowing either Kentaro or Marguerite as fourth. Kentaro has a better energy. Left to his own devise, I would like to see what Kentaro would do.
    The last word isn't really important in situations when nobody is listening.

FORT Fanatic

I wanted Kenya to win too.

Know Tim was going to save Marguerite when he said was her look really that bad when the judges were looking closer.

Kentro's model was no way fitting that model from the beginning , it barely fit him when he was trying it on. I think he can go now too. I had high hopes for him at the beginning but hasn't really sent anything over the top in a while now.

Brandon's hood thing was terrible and was the same thing, even the colours are pretty well what he has been using all season too.

I thought for sure all the outfits were be pink or have some pink since they mentioned Breast Cancer.

Although it was time for Margarita to be eliminated, didn't see the Tim Gunn save coming. What a waste.
    ibot2much and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

Margarita is not a nice person and of course, niceness doesn't have to count in business. I thought she was very ungracious when they sent her packing and certainly not at all nice when Ayana invited her to come sit by her when she came into the lounge. Instead, she plopped down on the sofa by herself and went on about how she wanted to win....Duh, so don't the rest of the contestants. The SAVE was wasted.
    AZChristian and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Margarita's corset is well done, but I don't like it on top of the red. She can do no right - if Brandon would've made it, it would've been fine I'm sure!
    I think if Brandon had made it many would faint at the fact he did something different than his "signature look." And - in fairness he would've truly been stretching his sewing skills.

And yes, I like him, but he didn't deserve the win yesterday. Clearly it was Kenya or Ayana. Not upset when Ayana even begged for another win - Kenya doesn't even have one.

I was worried Kenya's would be "Dynasty" (both series apparently from what I've seen) with the big poofy shoulders, but that look was stunning and yes, it is the best Liris has looked all season. (close second Ayana's avante garde look). Honestly Liris earned this week too look good after Kentaro's - interesting - choice of design last week.

I like Kentaro, but last night was bad. I think they intentionally chose Margarita, who had a better made dress, so Tim would use his save and force these guys to either design well or go home.

And - as much as I'm not a fan of Margarita - I AM glad Tim used the save because he believes in her work and not out of sympathy for the person (bullying, etc.) Her dress was well done, even with the "Wonder Woman" vibe.

FORT Fogey

She said many times that this late in the season, even one error can send you home. By her own admission, she misjudged the back of the corset and had to stick on a piece of fabric. The judges said that it was messy...and it was.
    ryansmommy likes this.

I don't think Tim believes in Margarita's worth to the greater extent of being included as one of the final 3. I think the save had much more to do with the premise of the challenge and how deeply it affected Margarita, and of course, Tim did encourage her to continue to work on that hideous corset.

Remember it wasn't just the design that the judges objected to ... it was the quality of her work given it was a two-day challenge. Kentaro design may have been as horrendous as Margarita's, but unlike Margarita's look, judges didn't point out Kentaro's work as shotty.

What I find most interesting is Margarita declaring no value in a designer having an aesthetic and following a point of view. I wonder if she said so for any well thought out reason or if only because Zack pointed out her lack of aesthetic and, still, at this point, he hasn't a clue of what kind of designer she is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast