+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 10/19 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

10/19 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Driving Miss Unconventional - In this unconventional Lexus Challenge the designers use safety materials to create a look that wows the judges as Fashion Week is right around the corner. Carly Chalkin (Mr. Robot) joins as guest judge.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 10/19 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

I'm officially over Margarita saying "GLITTERRRRRRRRRR" like Jo Ann Worley on Laugh-In.

Michael with his S&M fetish side coming out -- not that sweet boy! Clutching the pearls...
    provenceguy and Babbred like this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Everyone is in trouble to some degree -- nobody is sure of themselves by the model fitting.

Ayana's seems to be the furthest along.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

How is it that they show Brandon in the weeds the whole time in the workroom, but his garment looks phenomenal?

Ayan's looks great. Kenya's ended up coming out okay too. Margarita's is okay but she thinks it's better than it is. Kentaro's and Michael's are iffy. (These are my opinions, we'll see what the judges say).
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Brandon - Ayana are on top. Margarita - Kenya are top-middle. Michael - Kentaro are bottom.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 10-19-2017 at 11:23 PM.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Ayana wins! I think it was the best too. Brandon's unconventional fabric was too fabricky -- although none of the judges mentioned this while they were praising it.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

No! Michael is out!

I'm hoping for a Tim Gunn save...no hint of it so far.

Awww...they put up a tribute card to Mychael Knight at the end of the episode.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

CCL

I don’t know how they liked Margarita’s. All I could think was “hello boobs,” the black kneepads were so glaring. And she was getting the insufferable edit tonight.
    Kenya’s was ok, I didn’t mind the hips but it was a bit stiff. How did she end up with so much less material? Margarita looked like she could open her own safety store and all Kenya had was belts and a raft.
    Loved Brandon’s and I haven’t been a fan really. Though of course he had to have a couple straps hanging off. Also loved Ayana’s. When she was going on about having a lot of volume I thought it could be too much but it turned out great.
    Oh, Kentaro, that Pocahontas look was just dreary.
    For Michael I liked the blue bra (or bralet or whatever) but he just lost his way. I thought they were foreshadowing a Tim Gunn save -which would have been interesting as Michael was shown earlier saying it shouldn’t be used on anyone - but no. If Kentaro had been ousted I think Tim would have used it.
    Silver18 likes this.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

Ayana by far deserved the win. Margarita's looked too arts and crafts-like to me (which they complained and eliminated other designers for in the past), and Brandon's unfortunately used too much "fabric" like materials, but it was still well made and not his traditional style save the very few straps on it.

Kenya's - I really enjoy watching her design, but that dress was just a surprise it was a top look. Muslin helped with the design (which they can use as long as it's hidden underneath) and it just looked odd in the top. It's definitely not like Korto's coat dress, which I think wins the battle of the seatbelt dresses.

Michael and Kentaro... oh dear, but out of the two Michael's was the worst. Kentaro's was at least wearable outside of the show - even if a costume. Michael's was not and I think that made the difference.

I CANNOT believe that Michael made his mode put that gear on without an under outfit. I know it's a contest, but that was borderline taste right then and there, even for fittings.

Kentaro's was just not well thought out at all, but the skirt was nice if it didn't have the chevron nonsense.

And again I'll give a shout out to the fabulous Liris - "I feel like Pocahontas at a football game" or roughly in regard to the outfit. Honest, but kind - she did say she liked the skirt part of the outfit.

She still rocked the outfit though. I tell you even if she doesn't end up as the winning model, she should seriously get gigs because she could in my honest opinion model a paper sack and make it look like it's made of the finish silk out there studded with diamonds.

Except we see they do a button draw or lot before hand, I think the models would be fighting for her to be their model for that very reason.

Oh and did anyone else notice that Dixie made it VERY CLEAR today in an ad that Brandon's design was a $25,000 winning design? Poor guys did end up getting flak from the whole Claire incident and unclear information on last week's episode. It wasn't their fault that there was a cheater in the midst.

And CCL I'm also thinking that if Kentaro or Brandon in particular are eliminated before the finale Tim will use his save on them.

I'm of the same mind.

It was a little jarring to see the tribute to Mychael right after Michael was eliminated; but, I'm happy that they gave him notice.

Judges got a little snippy with each other (Heidi/Nina/Zac) but I agree with all of them that this was one of the better runways on the show. This group has been weeded down to some very talented designers.

Happy that Tim had a heart to heart with Brandon. At some point that we didn't see, Brandon gave up on the silver foil and went back to the materials he used to make the skirt. Good choice.

I think the final runway is going to be a knock down drag out fight to the finish. Love it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast