+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 10/19 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

FORT Newbie

Re: 10/19 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Ayana - Deserved to win, but that helmet was awful. It would have looked more like an actual outfit without it.
    Margarita - One ugly dress. The chest part was really "in your face", the shoulders looked like bad pads from the 80s, and the colors were just too much.
    Kenya - I like her very much, and the dress was nice. But I was surprised they let the poor construction of the zipper go without penalty.
    Michael - An unwearable outfit. Honestly, I have seen that same thing in so many other seasons. There is always someone who ties a model up, making her look like a cheap dominatrix.
    Brandon - Pulled it off at the last moment. I do think it should have been longer, and perhaps not so full. The materials were unconventional, but it is still ok for the dress to look wearable. (Why are so many putting the heavier models in short waisted tops, and super short skirts this year? Not very flattering.)
    Kentaro - A lapse of good taste; very unusual for him. I think a strappy shoe and a better hair do might have saved that awful look, but... am glad he is still in. (I am still loving the long orange and pink dress he made a couple of weeks ago.)

I understand why they have an unconventional materials challenge; it helps winnow down the field. But, bottom line; I hate to see ANY really talented designer get eliminated so late in the competition, when they don't even have material to work with. I wonder what Zac would create, if he were given caution tape, a helmet, and reflectors to make an outfit with?
    beerbelly, Arielflies and Babbred like this.

There is no way the judges don't know who did what, it is very obvious what Brandon does, a cropped top and straps, and Ayana's modesty outfits.

In regards to Ayana, I really liked it in while she was making it and luv'ed it without the long sleeves, if she had sent it down the runway just with elbow length sleeves and a french twist instead of the helmet it would have looked even better.

I wonder how different Kentaro's would have been with different styling and hair?
    beerbelly likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

I loved Ayana's dress, even with the shoulder pads that Zac said were dated!! It was pretty! The helmet was a little wacky, but the rest made up for it. And I liked how the model ripped off the caution tape as she appeared on the runway, that was cute.

Brandon is clearly their winner this season - he can do no wrong in their eyes, but I'm bored with his looks already. He's not always confident in his abilities either, and has been making some weird choices too like that foil top he almost went with, then his model's skirt was too short too, so he is not perfect. I like his personality enough, and don't begrudge him getting this far, but to sign/seal/deliver the win is unfair and too early. He even said this week, "can I just win this already?" I want to see him do something different, something exciting. Don't bore us anymore!

The other designers have made very nice things along the way too, and haven't been perfect either, so I'd like to see them get a fair shake.

We made it to the Final Six and, now, the judges are eliminating the balance of the matter-of-time designers, whittling down to the Three Finalists.

First to go is Michael and next, IMO, is Margarita given she was told, by Zack, she's lacking a clear point of view, thus foreshadowing her demise.

I must admit I am surprised Ayana is a top contender. Could be we see a Fashion Week third spot show down between her and Kenya.

I have a feeling we'll see either Brandon or Kentaro eliminated and brought back to life by Tim ...

FORT Newbie

I would love to see a collection that Kentaro would come up with. When he has been given actual MATERIAL, and freedom to create, I have loved his creations.
    Bearcata, mayamaisha and tinderbox like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    We made it to the Final Six and, now, the judges are eliminating the balance of the matter-of-time designers, whittling down to the Three Finalists.

First to go is Michael and next, IMO, is Margarita given she was told, by Zack, she's lacking a clear point of view, thus foreshadowing her demise.

I must admit I am surprised Ayana is a top contender. Could be we see a Fashion Week third spot show down between her and Kenya.

I have a feeling we'll see either Brandon or Kentaro eliminated and brought back to life by Tim ...
    I would be very surprised if they eliminated Brandon. They have virtually anointed him as the winner. I can see Kentaro getting saved, though. In fact, (setting aside Brandon) I think he is the only one Tim would save.

I loved Ayana's winning look. I just wish she had left off the helmet. It made her model look like one of the Village People.

Margarita's outfit was a mess. I hated it.

The judges must have been in a forgiving mood after the mess with Claire. Past designers have been eliminated for sending out garments that were in a bad a shape as hers was. I personally thought it was pretty, but I totally understand the criticism that it was too basic.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

It's sad to see this show lower the bar so much. Past seasons someone like Brandon would have been gone several competitions ago. He's repetitive and insecure...he relies on Kentaro a lot for advice and technical support. The constant use of crop tops and straps do not show creativity...in past seasons, the judges have been quite harsh on designers that repeat themselves...how many times have we seen Heidi and Zack critique a designer for sending the same look down the runway? I hate to say it, but I think they have made their choice for the winner of this season's show many episodes ago and it is Brandon.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I can't remember if I asked this or not already, but how is the 'winning model' decided since they change models every week?
    I was wondering the same thing. I donít recall anything being said about the models having an opportunity to win anything. Itís good if they do because they are working very hard too and assisting the designers. Iím really enjoying the models being various sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Everyone has a Mt. Everest. ......."

Quote Originally Posted by Kicksave1052 View Post
    It's sad to see this show lower the bar so much. Past seasons someone like Brandon would have been gone several competitions ago. He's repetitive and insecure...he relies on Kentaro a lot for advice and technical support. The constant use of crop tops and straps do not show creativity...in past seasons, the judges have been quite harsh on designers that repeat themselves...how many times have we seen Heidi and Zack critique a designer for sending the same look down the runway? I hate to say it, but I think they have made their choice for the winner of this season's show many episodes ago and it is Brandon.
    I am going to remain hopeful that that is not the case. Maybe they will blindside us and choose someone we would have never expected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Everyone has a Mt. Everest. ......."

If they have a reunion show this season I wonder how Ayana and Kenya will react/response to Margarita's comments that they are not really designers but dressmakers?
    No goat killers on my island.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast