+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 10/19 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Re: 10/19 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Ayana by far deserved the win. Margarita's looked too arts and crafts-like to me (which they complained and eliminated other designers for in the past), and Brandon's unfortunately used too much "fabric" like materials, but it was still well made and not his traditional style save the very few straps on it.

Kenya's - I really enjoy watching her design, but that dress was just a surprise it was a top look. Muslin helped with the design (which they can use as long as it's hidden underneath) and it just looked odd in the top. It's definitely not like Korto's coat dress, which I think wins the battle of the seatbelt dresses.

Michael and Kentaro... oh dear, but out of the two Michael's was the worst. Kentaro's was at least wearable outside of the show - even if a costume. Michael's was not and I think that made the difference.

I CANNOT believe that Michael made his mode put that gear on without an under outfit. I know it's a contest, but that was borderline taste right then and there, even for fittings.

Kentaro's was just not well thought out at all, but the skirt was nice if it didn't have the chevron nonsense.

And again I'll give a shout out to the fabulous Liris - "I feel like Pocahontas at a football game" or roughly in regard to the outfit. Honest, but kind - she did say she liked the skirt part of the outfit.

She still rocked the outfit though. I tell you even if she doesn't end up as the winning model, she should seriously get gigs because she could in my honest opinion model a paper sack and make it look like it's made of the finish silk out there studded with diamonds.

Except we see they do a button draw or lot before hand, I think the models would be fighting for her to be their model for that very reason.

Oh and did anyone else notice that Dixie made it VERY CLEAR today in an ad that Brandon's design was a $25,000 winning design? Poor guys did end up getting flak from the whole Claire incident and unclear information on last week's episode. It wasn't their fault that there was a cheater in the midst.

And CCL I'm also thinking that if Kentaro or Brandon in particular are eliminated before the finale Tim will use his save on them.
    She wore her bra and little thong so she had her undergarments on during the fitting.
    No goat killers on my island.

There is no way the judges don't know who did what, it is very obvious what Brandon does, a cropped top and straps, and Ayana's modesty outfits.

In regards to Ayana, I really liked it in while she was making it and luv'ed it without the long sleeves, if she had sent it down the runway just with elbow length sleeves and a french twist instead of the helmet it would have looked even better.

I wonder how different Kentaro's would have been with different styling and hair?
    No goat killers on my island.

FORT Fogey Ms.pacman New Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion awesomekina23's Avatar

A lot of the materials looked very bright and tacky to me at first so I was surprised to see the designers actually make some good work out of that mess!

Ayana was the clear winner. Dramatic, innovative, fit well and it did look like fire! I like how she can create sexy clothes without having the model show so much skin. Take notes Heidi!

Margarita's was actually my second favorite. It looked a bit superhero but that works for me!

I'm surprised Kenya was a top look. The fit was terrible and the model's hips looked huge! And the whole belt criss cross technique has been done time and again. Interesting how the judges got on Michael for creating a simple basic dress when Kenya did the same thing yet she got a pass.

I was also surprised they liked Brandon's so much since this is either the sixth or seventh ill fitting crop top he's done. His baggy oversized aesthetic isn't my style and I find it looking lazy and not that flattering.

Michael's... nothing special there but it wasn't hideous either.

Kentaro's look... oh my lord. The STYLING! Liris was right, she did look like Pocahontas playing football!
    Photobabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    No! Michael is out!

I'm hoping for a Tim Gunn save...no hint of it so far.

Awww...they put up a tribute card to Mychael Knight at the end of the episode.

Who is Mychael Knight? I've heard the name somewhere but can't place it.

Hubby and I laughed when Liris made her Pocahontas crack. It was SO true!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Who is Mychael Knight? I've heard the name somewhere but can't place it.

SNIP
    There is an obit for him starting at post #150 Project Runway in the Media
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    She wore her bra and little thong so she had her undergarments on during the fitting.
    My apologies, I only saw the back and where that zipper thing of his was strategically put one would think it was the only thing keeping her modesty.

I did worry though he would seriously consider having her walk down the runway in that form however.

As far as folks wondering if Kentaro's look would be different with a different styling - I don't think so. IMHO - with WHAT he gave us he did do a correct styling.

I think he should've taken Liris' advice or suggestion to do a tank top instead of flour sack dress gone wrong top he made.

Even then I do agree with the judges, for the particular type of challenge they had... all of them did rather well. Yes there were clearly weaker choices (Kenya, Kentaro and Michael) but all of them in some form or fashion were at least wearable for something.

CCL

I don’t know, there is a history of exaggerated wide-hip skirts so I didn’t find Kenya’s so out of style(for example https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pannier_(clothing)).
    I don’t really like Liris - I find her cocky. She is good but she knows it. I much prefer Christina, Measha and the one with the curls whose name I do not know. Bur I don’t really see the point of having the models give their opinions on the garments as they are neither judges nor clients. But then I don’t see the point of the whole “getting ready for showtime with grips and crew” thing that they have started doing either so I guess it is just another element to ignore.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    I don’t know, there is a history of exaggerated wide-hip skirts so I didn’t find Kenya’s so out of style(for example https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pannier_(clothing)).
    I don’t really like Liris - I find her cocky. She is good but she knows it. I much prefer Christina, Measha and the one with the curls whose name I do not know. Bur I don’t really see the point of having the models give their opinions on the garments as they are neither judges nor clients. But then I don’t see the point of the whole “getting ready for showtime with grips and crew” thing that they have started doing either so I guess it is just another element to ignore.
    Honestly, I like all of them, and they're all deserving. I just like Liris because having to wear some really ridiculous outfits, I get a lot of her commentary and jokes.

The only reasons they're giving their opinions on dresses and such is because a. makes for good TV and b. they are too competing for the big prize.

I haven't read Liris as cocky honestly, though she does give this air on the runway (has to - doesn't want to risk being eliminated).

The only ones I've seen genuinely this were the twins, Margarita and Michael.

Oh and honestly - if it's a choice between the models' comments or more of this drama stuff (again twins and such) I'll take the models' comments any day.

I do agree the grips and BTS stuff before the runway and model close up looks is over the top.
    Babbred likes this.

Ayana's look was incredible. I did prefer it without the construction helmet, however.
    Moontat and Babbred like this.

I can't remember if I asked this or not already, but how is the 'winning model' decided since they change models every week?
    mayamaisha likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast