+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: 10/12 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

10/12 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

A Little Avant Garde - The fallout from the cheating incident rocks the designers and leaves everyone wondering how they will move forward in the competition. The designers rally to create an avant-garde look inspired by “Shopkins” characters. Kate Upton guest judges.

Make some fresh popcorn -- hopefully we won't go 3-for-3 with cliffhangers...

Enjoy the show!
    woodiedog likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 10/12 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Omg I did not see that coming!!!

No one was going to win with this revelation, and yes while Michael and Margarita are going to be impacted by it... in the end it was the right thing. If Claire was doing what she did - measuring had sewing notions outside the workroom and used them against the rules, she should've been DQ'd. I'd said this for all of them.

I had a feeling it would depend on where she was measuring items.

Congrats to Brandon for the print win though he won't get any money for it from the looks of it. Outfit was nice, but that print definitely works on the to-go cups.

Glad Batani gets another chance, but she was gracious in her first exit and probably knew she would've been out anyway.

Okay SO...
    • After storming offstage, Michael told Tim that Claire has a measuring tape in her room and used it to make patterns
    • Margarita got schooled by the judges because her copying claim went nowhere
    • Michael came back onstage and apologized, Claire was reaffirmed as winner
    • Batani and Michael were the bottom two -- Batani was out
    • Back in the lounge, Michael got Claire to admit she had the measuting tape and used it for the tank top and the pants
    • Tim came in the room, asked Claire point blank about it, and she said yes to all questions.
    • Tim took her win away and said she is off the show. She left immediately.
    • Tim told Batani that she is still in the competition
    • Tim also said that Dixie had a 2nd print they liked, so they are using Brandon's print for the cup (but I guess he doesn't get the $25K)
    And that's all before the new challenge starts.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Brandon didn't get the 25K? I'd think he would ... And we'll never find out because no one blogs anymore ... bummer.

That wasn't what I expected. I didn't think Claire would be DQ'd. Interesting Margarita says she knew all along but never said anything. Also interesting Dixie's second pattern design choice wasn't represented as in contest for the win for the Women on the Go To Go Cup design. (That's a mouthful! LOL)

CCL

They said in the show that Brandon would not get the money. Win for Dixie there I guess.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

I have to say, without the twins there, it’s a whole different show. I love these designers now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    dzigner, Arielflies and Photobabe like this.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I have to say, without the twins there, it’s a whole different show. I love these designers now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have to agree the chemistry is totally different. Definitely calmer.
    dzigner likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

FORT Fogey

Liris is probably one of the best models there--they should all be fighting to get her and to heck with the fact that she's not a size two. That being said, while I get while the outfit she's wearing is humorous and avant garde and all, it's the second design this season that would leave the woman unable to use her arms. Why is that "cool"? I doubt it would be if the models were male. And yeah, I know that if it were actually reworked into a design for actual women to wear, they'd have to change that to a removable cape or something, but it still bugs me that the poor model is basically stuck in the outfit until she's allowed to take it off. God forbid she'd need to go to the bathroom or use a facial tissue or want to scratch her nose.
    dzigner and lilymax like this.

FORT Fogey

Amy and Batani both went home with class. Good for them. I think their attitudes about leaving is partially why Tim got a little teary.
    lilymax, Photobabe and Babbred like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast