+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: 10/12 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/12 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Those Dixie cups are available for the consumer to use in her home to take her coffee out for the commute. They may also be available in stores that do take- out coffee, but those outlets have other cheaper choices to use.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I think they're assuming that the lady dressed for a wedding wasn't going to stop at 7-11 for coffee on the way. ????

You never know. My sister held her reception off-site from the church where she held her wedding. On the way there, I realized I was nearly out of gas. I had to stop and get some while dressed in my bridesmaid dress. I guess I should have run in for some coffee!

In terms of the Dixie win, I'm sure Kentaro regretted not getting the money. However, let's be honest here. Do you really think he regretted not getting the Dixie prize? I mean, when Brandon sat down with that lady, I admired him. There is no way I could have kept a straight face during that interview. The whole time, I would have been thinking, "Great! My lovely print will now be in a million trash cans across America. Thanks. I think." I probably would have burst out laughing.

Avon? Cheap? How dare you! (Says she who orders from Avon because, well, I can't afford expensive things! )

I waited until this week's episode aired so that I could FF through the drama with Claire. Even though I didn't hear her speak, I was shocked. Her body language and facial expression made it abundantly clear she wasn't sorry. It's like she morphed into a different designer. Gone was the ditzy persona, to be replaced by this sulllen brat. Or maybe she was just acting all this time? I wonder if she just adopted a persona to try and become a reality star. (Didn't somebody at the beginning of this season say that the twins had already appeared in another reality show?) If so, that's one of the most spectacular downfalls I've ever seen.

Poor Batani. I know contestants have been eliminated twice before, but has any other designer ever been eliminated three times? She deserved it, though. That outfit on the runway was a hot mess. The outfit she wore looked a lot prettier. (I also loved the clothing that Ayana wore. Those were gorgeous colors.)

You knew Amy was going home because of her edit. When she reminisced about missing her daughter she sounded tired. She probably wasn't too unhappy to leave. Her outfit wasn't bad. If it had not been an avant guarde challenge she might have been safe.

I hated Michael's look. That tube around the model's waist made her look as if she were being swallowed by a python. And why in the world would anyone think a misshapen lump on a woman's chest would look pretty or interesting? It looked like the creature from Alien trying to burst out of her suit.

I wish Kenya had been in the top. That dress was smokin' hot.

Brandon is such a nice person, but count me as one who doesn't "get" his aesthetic. He has sent variations of the same look down the runway for virtually every challenge. In any other season, he would have been reprimanded by the judges and then put in the bottom. Regarding this challenge, that little girl told him over and over again "chocolate". Yet he completely ignored her because he didn't like her idea. If you're a great designer shouldn't you rise to the challenge and find a way to incorporate both the client's and your own vision in your design? The fact that he didn't shows either a) a lack of imagination a la Claire or b) a tad bit of arrogance. Neither one of those traits is attractive in a designer., and it certainly shouldn't have put him in the top since he didn't really complete the challenge.

I actually liked Ayana's outfit. To me there was some big differences between her look and Brandon's previous "bound" look. As has been pointed out, his challenge was daily wear, but this one was avant guarde. These outfits weren't supposed to be wearable in real life. Also, Brandon's outfit looked like a straight jacket. As someone who has mental illness in her family, I found that a tad bit offensive. I thought Ayana's dress, though, looked like something from Alice in Wonderland. I loved the giant bow. I thought it perfectly fit the challenge.

I predict that either Brandon, Kentaro, or Michael will win. They have been set up as the golden boys.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

The little "chocolate-loving" girl wasn't really a client....really don't know what the function was.... but she was just absolutely useless in giving Brandon any ideas. He admitted that and hoped that she was OK with what he did put out there, but I am sure he didn't really care. I suppose he coud have done the design in brown and white rather than the green and white, but brown isn't an especially pretty color...so he went with what he wanted to do and I respect that.

Do you remember during Chrstian Siriano's season, they did prom gowns for high school girls and he had a heavy set gril who loved brown and black. He did what he coud since she was a real client who would wear the dress---not her doll--but he was beside himself that he would be sent home for this ugly dress. First of all it is a competition that the designer wants to win and that should be their first priority.

Couldn't agree more about Brandon...sweet guy but he keeps making the same things over and over...the cropped tops, the layers of odd shaped fabric, long strings of material dangling...why are the judges saying he's "genius"? Any other contestant that kept sending the same things down the runway would be criticized for repeating themselves and would get a warning about doing so in the future. Michael's mess did not deserve to win...in all honesty, Marguerite's dress was beautiful, avant garde and so well made...can't believe they gave the win to a sparkly jumpsuit.

I'm growing weary of these celebrity guest judges. Sophia Stallone? Really? And Kate Upton? Her bosom baring dress should have eliminated her from sitting on a fashion judging panel...good grief...enough! I would respect the panel more if they had guest DESIGNERS giving their opinions rather then these celebutards that they bring on.
    mayamaisha and Photobabe like this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kicksave1052 View Post
    And Kate Upton? Her bosom baring dress should have eliminated her from sitting on a fashion judging panel...good grief...enough!
    I thought it looked like something she might have borrowed from Heidi.
    lilymax and Kicksave1052 like this.
    I'm Paula.

I'm soooo glad they cut Claire from the competition! While everyone felt so regretful about it, I was just relieved. I didn't like the way the judges treated them on stage when it was all going down ("Are YOU a judge, or a contestant??") and it was uncomfortable, but when it finally came out about doing things in her room I am glad they took the win away. Her face and attitude in the back room was horrible. I couldn't stand the way she answered Tim when he was asking her if she measured in her room- her head cocked to one side, teenager tone of voice saying "yeeessss" - looked so snotty. Those twins are completely unlikable, and I'm so glad they're gone.

On to the next competition, which didn't make much sense to me to combine avant garde with Shopkins, but Ayana really played it up nicely! I liked Michael's a lot more before he put a big bulge going across her middle - how unflattering! The shape otherwise was nice enough and at least it drew from his Shopkins kid. I was thinking it was good that he got the model he did because that would not have looked as nice on a busty or heavier model. Especially with the weird padding!

Margarita's was very pretty and well done. Kenya and Kentaro had lovely looks that were not avant garde, but could've won in a different challenge (should have saved those designs!)!

Brandon's was just dumb, and there was no chocolate inspiration at all, so it shouldn't have been in the top. He couldn't have used brown straps flapping all over to be dripping chocolate? He seems to like his straps.... I found it boring. He also goes to Kentaro quite a bit with questions, making it look like he is so unsure of himself.

I was okay with Bahtani staying last challenge when Claire left (she didn't use the print enough, but it was a pretty print). But this time around, she had to go. That was horrible! When she was choosing fabrics I was interested, thought they would look good together, but her design (?) and method of using the fabrics was bad. So bad. I almost thought she was trying to get eliminated. She stuck by it in the end though, even though it was ugly! Then again, they don't give them much time to do great things.

Amy's was just so blah, and I couldn't believe she chose those colors after talking with the little girl and playing with the toys. No inspiration at all from them? Something pink at least? Apparently not. She could've made a shrimp hat and elevated it to avant garde really easily! They would've sent her home anyway for simply making a copy of her Shoppie but it would've been fun at least.

Next week we get another unconventional challenge, and this time it is Kenya struggling. It doesn't look like the others are willing to share either!
    justCoz, AZChristian and Babbred like this.

Every time one of Brandons dresses with the floating straps (or whatever those strips if fabric are) comes down the runway, all I can think is: My cat would LOVE that!
    I am one step away from being rich. All I need now is money

I agree navybelle. I thought the judges were harsh considering they did not yet know the problem, especially the guest judge who just had to put her two cents in. As a guest judge I didn't think she had any business weighing in on internal stuff. It makes me a little too happy that Michael was proven right and not only did Claire get stripped of the win but was booted out as well. I do think he probably could have chosen a better time/way to say something but then we'd have missed out on all the drama onstage!

I like your idea for Brandon's dripping chocolate, he could have easily made a couple of the straps brown and said it was to represent the dripping. Or, if he doesn't feel inspired by brown he could have used bronze, which is not as dark as matte brown and the metallic and brightness would seem to fit in better with those dolls. He just heard "brown" and couldn't get past that in his mind. When are they going to say something to him about all the straps on every garment?

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Brandon is such a nice person, but count me as one who doesn't "get" his aesthetic. He has sent variations of the same look down the runway for virtually every challenge. In any other season, he would have been reprimanded by the judges and then put in the bottom. Regarding this challenge, that little girl told him over and over again "chocolate". Yet he completely ignored her because he didn't like her idea. If you're a great designer shouldn't you rise to the challenge and find a way to incorporate both the client's and your own vision in your design? The fact that he didn't shows either a) a lack of imagination a la Claire or b) a tad bit of arrogance. Neither one of those traits is attractive in a designer., and it certainly shouldn't have put him in the top since he didn't really complete the challenge.
    Well based on the color of the dress I was thinking Mint Chocolate Chip.
    No goat killers on my island.

Anyone else notice they took Harvey Weinstein’s name off of the credits??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast