+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: 10/12 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Re: 10/12 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    I find it odd that Brandon, out of the blue, was given the win. Are we to believe he didn't score well enough to be critiqued on state given it was Dixie picking winners?
    It's possible, though I admit I was surprised he was deemed "safe." I think they put him in this category as fourth so there would be the drama.

And Dixie would've seen all the prints (a printout or swatch of the actual fabric) when it was being judged so they would have an idea what they could possibly have when it was put on a paper form.

This has been an odd season. Show runners effectively stopped all blogging this season by not releasing episodes to bloggers in advance and suspending blogging stipends to prior contestants. Also, I wouldn't know differently, but read early on that the show began filming unusually late leading to speculation that doing so was producers intention for fewer decoy collections runway shows at NYFW. Perhaps scoring the twins as contestants was what the delay was all about ...
    That could be it. There hasn't been an ejection for cheating I think since season 3.

It would be the first disqualification for Lifetime's Project Runway, so they wouldn't want the drama and all of that leaked before it happened to keep viewers in play.

I say this too because - let's face it, the companies sponsoring the show this season are rather "cheap" compared to previous ones: Avon, JCPenney (who is on the verge of completely going out of business), Dixie, Shopkins.

People are losing interest to begin with and if they found out ahead of time of this incident, and sussed out who was in the finals with the decoys, it would lead to enough ennui it could end the show a bit earlier than they like.

At this point I suspect it possible that Claire was never the winner of the Dixie challenge, the winner was always Brandon and the entire brouhaha staged. All it would have taken was a producer whispering into Margarita's ear after they recognized how easily annoyed and mouthy she becomes. All in all, this season of Project Runway isn't coming across as the purer version of competition based Reality TV I expect.

Show runners actually managed to keep the drama ongoing until reaching the final 6 --- impressive.
    I think clothing design wise, it was Kentaro. Pattern wise it would be Brandon, who I already thought had the best design, and overall nice look though the top was a little too bell-shape for me.

(Oh and to folks who think that Kentaro should've automatically won being likely second - I agree, to a point. His print, while nice, was very simple - I believe fuchsia with a gold swirly thing (but not like Claire's airbrush zigzag). It wouldn't have reproduced well on a cup. Also, he probably is a bit jealous but wouldn't begrudge his "brother" Brandon the win either.)

Yeah, it definitely isn't a "pure" season, but they did at least do the RIGHT thing and eliminate a contestant for cheating. They could've very easily said "Oh Claire didn't mean it, so we're just going to force her to use muslin for the next challenge (which is the one material they all have access too all the time) and the next time she cheats she's gone."

Admittedly I think the season would've ended a lot sooner than this however - I think just about everyone else would've quit.
    Last edited by jadewarlock; 10-13-2017 at 04:04 PM.

FORT Fogey

I didn't even pick up on the fact that Brandon was the winner, yet he was only 'safe' and not in the top three. Did they leave it up to Dixie who would not be happy that they were caught in all this drama.

the twins seem to think they are entitled to do whatever they want and are likely spoiled brats. The fact that they were a duo was a freaking advantage and one or both still had to cheat to get by. How did they get on the show??? It's upsetting. If Claire ends up on all stars I'll puke.

Brandon is good but needs to show a little more range to get my vote as the winner. For now Michael and Ayana would be my top two.

Batani has such a cool style, I wish she could bring it on the runway. I'll miss Amy. Such an artist.
    Kao and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    ::snip::

I think clothing design wise, it was Kentaro. Pattern wise it would be Brandon, who I already thought had the best design, and overall nice look though the top was a little too bell-shape for me....

::snip::
    It was always a Women-on-the-Go/Print challenge. He's look was, by far, the most aesthetically pleasing, but not even considering the actual print as appropriate for a To Go Cup, what Kentaro created was not a Women on the Go look. IMO, there is no question about any of that ...

In contrast, Brandon's look was a Women on the Go look, yet he wasn't up on stage as one of the top 3 and, instead, Margarita included as one of the bottom 4?

I still say the entire thing was staged; however, perhaps TPTB didn't get the ending they intended ...

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I didn't even pick up on the fact that Brandon was the winner, yet he was only 'safe' and not in the top three. Did they leave it up to Dixie who would not be happy that they were caught in all this drama.
    Yes.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Newbie

Re: 10/5 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Ok... SO... I guess we are talking about the show from 10/12, even though the heading is 10/5. But then again, the two sort of ran into each other didn't they?

Kudos to Michael for being brave enough to stand up and say something. Too bad he didn't do it sooner (when he knew the twins were cheating), but at the same time, I understand why he didn't. I have to say, I got tired of Margarita's anger, especially after Claire changed the design of the shirt. The one she ended up with was NOT like Margarita's dress. Plus, Margarita let it get the best of her; her dress was just short of a disaster.

I see others have mentioned a black striped dixie cup that Claire got her idea from? Wow; you guys are more observant than I. I didn't see that anyplace. But the fact that the girls were cheating is pretty pathetic. Let's see now..... Shawn left because she realized she couldn't sew OR come up with an idea without Claire's input, and Claire left because she was caught cheating. Their parents must be so proud of them.

Seriously.... I wonder how they feel when they see the shows in their entirety. You think they "get it"? Who knows; the show might give them another chance next season.

Regarding the "Shopkin Episode".... I was surprised that Brandon was not on the bottom. I like Brandon and his designs a lot. But what he came up with had NOTHING to do with "his" Shopkin, and nothing to do with the suggestions from the little girl. The chocolate Shopkin was light green and white? The conversation with the little girl was completely thrown out the window. Ayana's creation was the only one that would translate to the Shopkin doll well. But... Michael did a great job.
    Babbred likes this.

Dixie was going to walk away with a design to use no matter how they determined the winner, since they had paid the show to be part of it and to promote their new cup line. So they probably heard what happened and said, "Look that's all well and good, but we need a winning design or else we're all out a lot of money." So the Dixie Lady and the show probably decided together which of the other three prints would look best on a cup.
    Arielflies, Photobabe and Babbred like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    It was always a Women-on-the-Go/Print challenge. He's look was, by far, the most aesthetically pleasing, but not even considering the actual print as appropriate for a To Go Cup, what Kentaro created was not a Women on the Go look. IMO, there is no question about any of that ...
    I've already addressed my issue with the whole conundrum there to begin with in another thread but to shorten it up - they really should've just done this with the models if they wanted a woman on the go challenge.

Anyone in production with some thought would've realized having models that production staff chose for a makeover for this would want something special, not necessarily "on the go."

Even then I'm basing this on what the judges chose for the top looks for "on the go."

In contrast, Brandon's look was a Women on the Go look, yet he wasn't up on stage as one of the top 3 and, instead, Margarita included as one of the bottom 4?

I still say the entire thing was staged; however, perhaps TPTB didn't get the ending they intended ...
    Oh no question there, but I think it was more forcing the designers' hands. Pretty much everything is filmed or accessible to the producers. They might not have known about the illegal equipment in the hotel room. Clearly the judges didn't or are thicker than the granite filled heads of Mount Rushmore.

I think Brandon was fourth, with Claire as a top look being added.

Margarita's outfit was deserving of bottom looks based on what was created, and even then she had immunity so she would've been told "you were lucky to have immunity" and dismissed.

Michael however I'd agree with you on this thought - his outfit wasn't great, but it was safe enough to survive to the next round.

All I care about is that the cheater was ousted. Opinions about 'on the go' looks aside, she broke the rules regarding sewing notions and other items, and suffered the consequences.

FORT Fogey

The Dixid cups are "on the go"---hence the title. I don't see how any design would be incorrect so I am missing the justification for commenting that some were not "on the go"

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I think they're assuming that the lady dressed for a wedding wasn't going to stop at 7-11 for coffee on the way. ????
    ryansmommy, Babbred and sparklete like this.
    I'm Paula.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast