+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: 10/12 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Re: 10/12 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

I'll admit, I didn't get how Brandon's design was on the same praise-worthy level as the other 3 top looks. In fact, I don't "get" his aesthetic in general. All his looks have had the same earmarks - multiple layers and hanging straps. I get that the silhouette was more unique this time, but when are the judges going to start warning him against being a one-trick pony like they usually do? Surely there has to be a challenge coming up where straps and layers just aren't going to cut it as part of the look. It always happens. I hope he has other ideas to pull from.
    Ancient City likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I think Ayana should have won. The amount of work and creativity she put into her design in only one day was amazing. I wasn't turned off by the armlessness of her garment because the challenge was avant garde.

Brandon's a sweet and humble person, and for that I really like him, but how many versions of his layered, strappy look are we going to see before the judges have had enough? I'm glad they gave him the 25K, though. He shouldn't have been punished for Claire's cheating.

Michael's look was nicely sculpted and well sewn. I just didn't think it was enough to warrant the win.
    mayamaisha and AZChristian like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

I think it's odd that Brandon did end up winning (but not really 'technically' winning) the Dixie challenge. He got his print on a cup and apparently also received the 25K. Tim said Dixie specifically chose his print for their cup, but Brandon wasn't even in the Top 3 of that challenge and Dixie wasn't one of the judges anyway, so why did they get to chose the 'winning' print? Shouldn't the $$ and the winning print design go to the 2nd place finisher (since Claire was DQ'd), which I think was Kentaro?
    petertracy and mayamaisha like this.

CCL

Maybe because the whole Claire thing was such a mess they said whatever and let Dixe do what they wanted. I figured the Dixie lady just wanted some alone time with Brandon. Rightfully Kentaro should have gotten the win. I would have liked to have seen his colours on a cup but I think they might have thought it was too bright or something.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I'll admit, I didn't get how Brandon's design was on the same praise-worthy level as the other 3 top looks. In fact, I don't "get" his aesthetic in general. All his looks have had the same earmarks - multiple layers and hanging straps. I get that the silhouette was more unique this time, but when are the judges going to start warning him against being a one-trick pony like they usually do? Surely there has to be a challenge coming up where straps and layers just aren't going to cut it as part of the look. It always happens. I hope he has other ideas to pull from.
    I didn’t get it either. She looked like a woodland sprite, or a Medieval times reject outfit, and it was his usual straps hanging off look. I thought for sure he was on the bottom.
    I actually quite liked Kentaro’s look and Keenya’s so I wish we had seen them more clearly ie in a judging segment.
    But the right people went home at least.
    Last edited by CCL; 10-13-2017 at 07:42 AM.
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

Quote Originally Posted by JosephD View Post
    I think Ayana should have won. The amount of work and creativity she put into her design in only one day was amazing. I wasn't turned off by the armlessness of her garment because the challenge was avant garde.

Brandon's a sweet and humble person, and for that I really like him, but how many versions of his layered, strappy look are we going to see before the judges have had enough?
    I'm glad they gave him the 25K, though. He shouldn't have been punished for Claire's cheating.

Michael's look was nicely sculpted and well sewn. I just didn't think it was enough to warrant the win.
    I hope he does not win this season.
    No goat killers on my island.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Haven't seen the whole episode yet, but we did watch the first half - because I wasn't going to miss that drama for anything!

The most interesting thing was how immediately happier, more relaxed, and FOCUSED the workroom became without Tweedledum and Tweedledummer. Someone on the show said that "This is how it's SUPPOSED to be." Even we (the audience) got to look at the creative process instead of the bedlam.
    Kao, mayamaisha and Babbred like this.
    I'm Paula.

FORT Fogey

It looked like a burka/burqa ...not surprising . Did not think Michael should have won. I actually thought Margarita had the winning design, although I did love Brandon's colors and sharp details.

When I saw kids on the runway, I was afraid that they would be designing for kids. Thank heaven not so. Of course it was product push for the doll line, but really, what did the kids add to the designer's inspiration---especially poor Brandon and her" throw chocolate on the fabric".
    Silver18 likes this.

I thought some, or most, of these designs were pretty bad. My thoughts when I saw Brandon's were that the model looked a bit like a stalk of celery with the strings hanging off coming down the runway. Batani's was a mess, and her model looked like a rag doll. Michael's winning garment looked like space age disco wear. Amy's was very sad, very dark, and just too simple. Margarita did something I think I have seen many times before, and it looked almost bridal. Ironic that she was obviously influenced by other designers' avante garde creations. I don't remember any of the others right now except the bridal one who was safe. It was ok.

I fell asleep at the beginning of the show, and even though I stayed up trying to catch it again, I never saw anything but the second half. I've got an infection and antibiotics make me feel lousy, so that's maybe why I didn't get to see the last of the twin drama. Oh well, I can catch it later today.

I don't think Michael and Margarita should feel ashamed of reporting what Claire did, but I do think one could rightfully ask why they didn't rat her out before then. And Margarita still made herself less likable to me by the way she overreacted to Claire when she made that top. Too bad her design wasn't bad enough for her to go.

I'm not sure what I expected, but in prior seasons, I have always loved the avant garde looks, most of them, and these just seemed inferior or something.

Oh yeah, check out Heidi's dress. Short enough, you think? I thought she looked kind of sloppy last night, and the dress looked cheap to me. Questionable taste, Heidi!

I kept waiting for Claire to burst into tears, but she was pretty stoic.
    So glad to learn that Brandon actually got the $25,000!
    Maragarita's dress last night was stunning, and Ayana's was adorable and very clever. Ayana looked sad not to have won, and I don't blame her.

I find it odd that Brandon, out of the blue, was given the win. Are we to believe he didn't score well enough to be critiqued on state given it was Dixie picking winners?

This has been an odd season. Show runners effectively stopped all blogging this season by not releasing episodes to bloggers in advance and suspending blogging stipends to prior contestants. Also, I wouldn't know differently, but read early on that the show began filming unusually late leading to speculation that doing so was producers intention for fewer decoy collections runway shows at NYFW. Perhaps scoring the twins as contestants was what the delay was all about ...

At this point I suspect it possible that Claire was never the winner of the Dixie challenge, the winner was always Brandon and the entire brouhaha staged. All it would have taken was a producer whispering into Margarita's ear after they recognized how easily annoyed and mouthy she becomes. All in all, this season of Project Runway isn't coming across as the purer version of competition based Reality TV I expect.

Show runners actually managed to keep the drama ongoing until reaching the final 6 --- impressive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast