+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: 10/12 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

FORT Newbie

Re: 10/12 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Yay! The twins are no more!!!

I really wish that Ayana had won that challenge!! I loved that big pink bow!
    Really not sure why they so loved Brandon's so much.
    Margarita's & Kentaro's were so lovely yet fun and playful!

Glad to see Batani and Amy go. Neither impressed me.
    redsox girl likes this.

Damn! Margarita's still there.

So because they switch models each challenge, does that mean there will be no model winner this season as there usually is? Maybe it goes to the "winning-est" model of the season. I think tonight may have been Meisha's 4th win.

I'm not surprised Batani and Amy both went home. Batani's look was awful and Amy's was pretty boring. I also don't think Amy had ever been in the top 3 or bottom 3 at all and you can only hide in the middle for so long. I thought Kenya and Kentaro's looks were very pretty, just not quite avant garde enough.

FORT Fogey

I must say I didn't understand why everyone seemed to feel so bad about Claire being sent home or about saying something about the fact that she (and presumably her sister as well) had been violating the rules they'd all agreed to as part of being on the show. It's not like Claire didn't know what the rules were or that she even hesitated for a moment to tell Tim that yes, she had a tape measure in her room and yes, she used it to get measurements of garments she'd brought with her that were similar to ones that she then made in the workroom. She's the one who cheated. She's the one who should feel guilty about it. The only thing those who knew what she, and perhaps Shane as well, had been doing should feel guilty about is that they didn't report what was going on immediately, especially if either of them had used that tape measure in an earlier competition where someone else ended up going home who, like Batani, might have gotten a second chance to stay had they not kept their mouths shut. This isn't like high school where you should have to worry about narcing on your classmates for fear of what they might think of you. It's a competition with a large prize at the end for the person who wins, and if someone is cheating, that person doesn't deserve to win or knock someone out of the competition who might have had a better chance at winning.

And yeah, I agree the twins being gone makes the show a lot easier to watch. I know it's petty of me, but I was finding even their voices grating and annoying.
    Kao, dzigner, justCoz and 3 others like this.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    They said in the show that Brandon would not get the money. Win for Dixie there I guess.
    Looks like I was wrong. Dixie says that Brandon did get the 25k. https://mobile.twitter.com/DixieProd...48716323680257
    Before we begin, what are the parameters of the guessing game? How many guesses do I get? Is there a time limit?

I don't think Claire even felt guilty about cheating. She was pretty adamant that it was "only a tank" and part of the pants and said something about only 4 measurements, as if that made it all okay. She only seemed to care that she had to leave, not that she was the guilty one doing something wrong. It seems a few of the designers didn't know she'd been doing that from their reactions to the news. I'm glad she's gone.

So, by the end of the episode we lost 3 designers since they decided to drag out Claire's drama. Batani unfortunately did not bounce back from not being eliminated. That outfit was pretty bad. Amy seemed lost and not destined to win so I'm okay with her going too. It's just strange to lose 2 people in one week, much less three. Has there ever been 3 designers gone in one episode before?

I like the new Dixie cups, Brandon's design looked sharp on them. Good for Dixie that this allowed them to pick the winner they wanted.
    dzigner and Babbred like this.

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Re: 10/5 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Claire broke the rules.She knew she was cheating. Once confronted, she knew she couldn't play dumb. Because she was caught red handed.
    I don't feel sorry for her.
    Michael and Margarita brought her cheating to the attention of the judges. Rightly so. Rules exist for EVERYONE to follow.
    SO, Michael and Margarita have no reason to feel guilty, no reason to feel like snitches for bringing the cheating to the judges attention. So, I wish they wouldn't act like they did something awful to Claire. They didn't.
    She did it to herself.
    And chances are, Claire would have kept cheating had she not been called out.
    Good riddance.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Looks like I was wrong. Dixie says that Brandon did get the 25k. https://mobile.twitter.com/DixieProd...48716323680257
    Thanks for spotting that! It's amazing to me that the show failed to make that clear.
    petertracy likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I think a lot of the reasons for the contestants feeling bad about Claire's being ejected from the game for cheating would be knowing there were some good contestants who were eliminated for a bad day and yet Claire trapised along with some help via cheating.

Knowing you lost better contestants when you could've kicked out the cheater earlier will affect you in a way - you could've lost to a cheater instead of a better contestant.

What's sadder to me is that she acted like it was no big deal to measure the tank and pants and take four measurements in the hotel. Point is - you can't do that, and given it's an offense that can lead to expulsion from the game, they chose to go that route.

I think it's sad that Heidi still tried to reason Claire's win based on the print - It really was a boring print to begin with, just about all the others were more interesting.

It isn't even similar to when I think Sean (the guy who was in Kini's first season) tried to use double sided tape. He might not have known or legitimately forgot that it wasn't allowed, but when Tim pointed it out it was against rules, Sean immediately removed it. Even then, it wasn't measuring the garment at the hotel - it was done in the workroom.

Can say however looking at the runway tonight, you can tell clearly how much the twins were affecting the rest of the designers and their work. The top four were outstanding as were the safe ones. Batani and Amy were the clear lowest looks and were rightfuly eliminated.

I felt Batani's would fit Shopkins, but it was a definite weak look. Deep down I believe she knew she should've been out and was ready to lose graciously. What I do like about her farewell speech is she's right - others will have their opinions but if she liked her design that mattered. And there are some who probably watched the show and liked her outfit.

Honestly, I would say hers was seventh and Amy's was eighth. If anything I'm surprised Amy actually dressed down Shopkins with that design. But both went out with class, and that'll help them long term.

Michael's win was surprising, and I have no idea how it'll reproduce well as a Shopkins outfit. I think Ayana's, Brandon's and Margarita's (that order) were far better for a Shopkins outfit and would've reproduced better.

As far as Ayana's top on the model, I agree that it would be difficult to get in and out of, but they were designing for a toy, and based on that, it fit well. That series seems to have a lot of weird clothing.

Oh and to the poster about Liris - yes, she is by far one of the best models this season. I enjoy hearing her input and comments on the outfits. You could tell she actually enjoyed wearing her outfit tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Thanks for spotting that! It's amazing to me that the show failed to make that clear.
    They said there was NO winner for the challenge and I think we assumed the prize money was off the table. Thank goodness they went with Brandon's design. In the commercial that followed how they used it (three different ways and colors) was (is) brilliant.

Re: Ayana's "no arm" design...this was an Avant Garde challenge, not street wear. These designs are for the runway only - made as art pieces. I loved it.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 10-13-2017 at 03:00 AM.
    dzigner and mayamaisha like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast