+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: 10/5 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Re: 10/5 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by muggle View Post
    Agreed Calicokat. Never seen them cliffhang the elimination before, and two weeks in a row. The twin faceoff seemed really appropriate in this case. Miss you all - been a long time.

Love your avatar.

Ok, about this week's mess.

--I don't blame Margarita for being upset initially. However, I do think she should have entered the "zen zone" with Brandon and focused on her own work. Designers often change their minds between the sketch and runway, especially after Tim's critique. If Claire had presented the same shirt on the runway, and if the judges loved it, then that would have been the time to speak up. Since Claire changed her mind, though, the issue was a non-starter. Watching Margarita's histrionics was almost as bad as watching the Twins in past episodes.

--Conversely, I admired Michael for what he did. He's pretty much stayed out of the drama until now. In the workroom, it was Margarita who came to him and dragged him into this mess. He seems like a decent guy. Therefore, he must feel really upset to have done what he did. I like that he spoke backstage with Tim rather than making a big production of it on the runway. (Here's looking at you, Margarita, with your self-righteous "I don't throw people under the bus" and running after Michael. Drama Queen? Oh yeah.) That's exactly how it should have been handled.

--I could have sworn I heard Michael say something about Claire's pants having the same design as another pair "in her room." My immediate impression was that he meant her hotel room. I remember, because my next thought was "Wow, if he's right, then this must be the cheating scandal. This could be huge." Not to beat a dead horse, but it would certainly fit a pattern. Both Shaun and Claire were accused earlier of copying items they already owned in order to create a design. At the very least, this makes them look very dodgy as designers.

--If Claire sticks around next week, then I will stop watching this season. I don't care if she is technically innocent of this particular charge. She has done nothing to appeal to me. I'm done with her. Shaun, at least, had some talent and potential. I was disappointed that she chose to leave, because it was silly to throw away her chance like that.

--Sadly, I think Claire will stay. Having watched too many seasons of The Bachelor, here's what I think will happen. Claire will stay and keep her prize. (I agree with whoever said it was the lamest prize this show has ever offered.) The silence in the workroom will become glacial as the designers will stop speaking to her unless they have to do so. Among themselves, they will complain about what a cheat she is. Margarita will lead the charge on this and spend her remaining time on the show whining about Claire. Both Claire and Margarita will be eliminated before the finale because TPTB know neither one of them is qualified to win. The only wildcard is Michael. Will he stay or will he go? I really, really hope he stays.
    Last edited by Babbred; 10-07-2017 at 01:27 PM.
    Kao and mayamaisha like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    --I could have sworn I heard Michael say something about Claire's pants having the same design as another pair "in her room." My immediate impression was that he meant her hotel room. I remember, because my next thought was "Wow, if he's right, then this must be the cheating scandal. This could be huge." Not to beat a dead horse, but it would certainly fit a pattern. Both Shaun and Claire were accused earlier of copying items they already owned in order to create a design. At the very least, this makes them look very dodgy as designers
    That's what I thought he meant as well, that it was the same exact design as a pair she owns and she was using her measuring tape to get its dimensions. I thought that's one reason they already showed us in the previous episode how similar the shirt she "designed" was to the one being worn (by her or her model, I can't remember if she used her top and the model's pants or vice versa.) For me, that lent credence to the copying claim this week.

Margarita is no angel, and should have brought her concerns to the producers before now, but in her defense, it would bother me too to see a designer mimicking designs so closely they resemble the original so much they can be called a copy; instead of just being inspired by it.

I think Michael was hoping her wearable clothing would be knocked down as being able to be found in any mall - their usual MO - and when that didn't happen and not only was she praised but actually won, it became too much for him.
    mayamaisha likes this.

The frustration is Heidi said she wants "runway" designs not "ready-to-wear" yet she chose RTW as the winner. Nina & Zac wanted Kentaro but were bullied by Heidi. How many times did she say RIGHT when asked if they chose a winner.
    Babbred likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I watched this week's episode of Afterbuzz with Amy there providing as guest commentary. Although she didn't give away particulars, she said everything that has led to where we are right now is nothing compared to what we'll see exploding next Thursday.

Amy was very careful with her words, just as is I think show runners have been with crafted frankenbite, but what she did say seems to imply what many of us are suspecting --- that Margarita is throwing herself under her own bus and taking Michael with her for at least part of the ride.

With that said, Amy said producers were already fully aware of everything going on and being said in the work room. Obviously, Heidi knew, too, and perhaps the other judges, although I suppose they didn't expect it would be was Michael exploding instead of Margarita.

Amy said she told Michael she was proud of him for standing up for his convictions, but the way she worded it is far short of telling Michael that she agreed with what he said being true and correct.
    mayamaisha and Babbred like this.

FORT Fogey

Wow...thanks for that information

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

What did you all think of Michael and Margarita having negative conversations in Spanish so that Claire would not be aware of what they were saying? Okay? Rude?
    I'm Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    What did you all think of Michael and Margarita having negative conversations in Spanish so that Claire would not be aware of what they were saying? Okay? Rude?
    I think it's a risky thing to do unless you know exactly who else in the workroom knows the language. But I don't blame them for assuming Claire (and Shawn) never bothered to learn another tongue. They do seem like two girls who wait for the world to come to them.

I have to assume there are no production rules against it. Big Brother does have a rule against talking game in a non-English tongue, just like the HGs also can't use sign language or any other mode of communication that production or the live feedsters could not pick up on. But that makes sense since they are being watched 24/7, unlike other reality shows.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Unfortunate and misplaced behavior, upon Margarita's part.

I think Margarita fashions herself herself to be a serious contender. Perhaps she is, but in contrast to Brandon and Kentaro, there isn't anything humble about her insisting unwillingness to throw anyone under a bus.
    AZChristian likes this.

I had the feeling that Margarite didn't want to explode in English for all to hear, but had to let it all out, so chose her native tongue and her best bud, Michael, for that communication. I don't see it as rude, but rather a shielding.

What does bother me about her behavior is her NOT confronting Claire as soon as she saw the off seam ruching on the dummy. She did ask Claire if she was going to close the seam, but that seemed rather as if she was protecting herself and not being open with Claire. It's complicated.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Perhaps shielding Claire, but everyone else in the workroom --- producers and the other contestants --- knew exactly what was going on via Margarita's mean girl style rant.

Although this is the first time Margarita is targeting Claire, this is the THIRD episode showcasing Margarita's less than gracious behavior.
    Last edited by ryansmommy; 10-08-2017 at 02:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread