+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: 10/5 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Re: 10/5 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

I'm a little ticked off that they poured on a SECOND cliffhanger in a row...it's like PR was on Food Network now or something.

I'm also a little ticked off that the nature of the alleged cheating is still a semi-mystery after all the season-long hype. It may turn out that nothing illegal was done, and the whole problem revolves around the twins having no imaginations and that they rely on copying patterns from their own clothes too much.

I just hope Michael had more to tell Tim after he walked off -- I guess it was enough to start an investigation. Anyway, I wouldn't take Dixie's money no matter what (brief rant moment here) -- Dixie is one of many companies owned by the infamous Koch Brothers, the billionaires who have been trying to throw money around and change the nature of American government and its laws to suit their rich whims. I haven't bought a Dixie product in years, but that's just me.

Anyway, whatever happened, if this can knock out both twins within a week of each other, I would be one happy pappy.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by Newsboi View Post
    "I thought Michael said the pants Claire designed were the ones she had in her room meaning they were actually her pants & not the ones she did in the workroom but I may have misunderstood."

That's what I heard him say as well. I think that Margarita was dying her fabric in the workroom kitchen sink. Heidi's eyes lit up like a Christmas tree after Michael walked off. She knew they had the kind of drama about to happen that grabs ratings and press.
    The thing with the kitchen sink would be to rinse off the fabric or mix the colors together. They have tubs to do the normal dying in the workroom (away from the dress forms and such.

There's no question the front of the pants are new material, but if the backs are from her own pants, then that's also illegal because it's not fabric bought or given to them.

You are so right about Heidi - and yeah, she's intuitive enough to realize this would make for great ratings. Otherwise it wouldn't have been edited as it has been the past two weeks, upcoming three.

Silver18 - I think that can likely happen regarding Dixie. They may decide to not use any of the designs or give the prize due to the controversy. They would not want the negative publicity to affect their sales. If they didn't, I have a feeling these cups will not sold as readily as they could've been.

I think this has been quite noticeable with how many businesses have pulled out of the show. Let's be real - Avon and JCPenney - the latter of which is growing dangerously close to filing Chapter 11 (if they haven't already) if not worse, as sponsors speaks how far downhill this show has gone.

And it's not like a special guest who has a prize attached to the winner/winning group hasn't pulled a prize before. The designs from the "Thunder From Down Under" challenge were all so bad that they did not declare a winner and therefore none of them were used by the group. (In fairness, I do maintain that creating designs for the explicit reason to strip them off was ridiculous and shouldn't have been a challenge to begin with).
    mayamaisha likes this.

Ugh, not another cliff hangar. I rolled my eyes at all the tears over Shawn leaving. It was a cop out plain and simple. She knew she couldn't sew her own look and she wanted to save face. I think M&M were both immature and mean. I despise Claire, and I don't know if she is capable of sewing an original look, but those two especially made Claire look like the better person in this episode. Michael storming off the runway was laughable (assuming this wasn't something that was the editor's doing). If the cheating has been going on for some time, a truly principled person would not have waited until an elimination to say something. It looked like a tantrum he had knowing he would lose for that hideous outfit. I would have had respect for them if they had gone to Tim privately or one of the producers. Or perhaps gone to Claire about it if they had doubts. Also, the whispering behind her back and talking about her in Spanish in front of her face was just tacky. Margarita was just petty to let Claire make her lose focus. If Claire did cheat, she deserves to be disqualified plain and simple. The high school drama just annoys me. Heidi was also so fake when she was asking what was going on.

I personally don't think anyone did that great of a job this week. Kentaro had a lovely look and was the top for me. Whether Claire cheated or not, what she delivered was something I could find in a mall. It was nothing special.

I do think future seasons should have some rule changes. It should never have been legal for Claire and Shawn to be working so closely together. This was not a team competititon. Everyone should have to be able to complete a look on their own. The only thing that should be allowed is asking feedback from each other. Also, all the blatant copying of their own clothes (or the model's) and other designs should not have been allowed.
    petertracy and mayamaisha like this.

FORT Fogey

It is surprising that Nina has not said much about the copying of known designs. I would think that she would know every line by heart and if there were multiple instances of what we have been seeing from the twins, she would have jumped all over it...at least in the old days of PR....when it had integrity ....and classy sponsors. ....and talented designers. **sigh**
    mayamaisha likes this.

This was a designed print challenge and designers were to incorporate the print they designed (printed overnight on fabric) into their runway looks.

Batani decided the outcome of her printed print looked awful and we saw her painting a new print, by hand, directly onto fabric. Is it *cheating* not to using the printed print (I ask facetiously)?

Certainly, if Claire had what Batani did, she'd be called out by Margarita, who is being thrown under the bus, yet again, for her childish, mean girl behavior and acting as if she holds the copyright for rushing and cut outs on tops.

Regardless, Batani only used thin strips of whichever print that made it look like an afterthought, I think it will be Batani we see eliminated at the beginning of next week.

Kentaro's design was a dress with a removable print jacket --- removable because it isn't the main garment. The dress, itself, and had none of the print incorporated and why I think he didn't win the challenge.
    woodiedog likes this.

Actually, I'm wrong, knew I erred prior to and thought I deleted the last paragraph re Kentaro before I posted, and didn't. The back of his design had also incorporated the print ...
    woodiedog likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    Actually, I'm wrong, knew I erred prior to and thought I deleted the last paragraph re Kentaro before I posted, and didn't. The back of his design had also incorporated the print ...
    It was also the only garment that incorporated the Dixie label.
    mayamaisha and woodiedog like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Yes, that is true, too.
    woodiedog likes this.

Agreed Calicokat. Never seen them cliffhang the elimination before, and two weeks in a row. The twin faceoff seemed really appropriate in this case. Miss you all - been a long time.
    MFWalkoff, Babbred and woodiedog like this.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    It is surprising that Nina has not said much about the copying of known designs. I would think that she would know every line by heart and if there were multiple instances of what we have been seeing from the twins, she would have jumped all over it...at least in the old days of PR....when it had integrity ....and classy sponsors. ....and talented designers. **sigh**
    This season's crop of designers pales in comparison to some of the previous seasons. Right now, I have in my closet cropped pants in a bold black and white print that I purchased in 2006.

+ Reply to Thread