+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: 10/5 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Re: 10/5 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

IMO, I believe the season has reached the point where designers are exhausted, lacking confidence, finding it difficult to keep focus and keep those creative juices flowing. Kentaro lost focus and neglected to pay attention to challenge parameters (Women on the Go for the Dixie To Go Cups challenge). This isn't the first time it's happened with him and what he did created was his choice to create.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    IMO, I believe the season has reached the point where designers are exhausted, lacking confidence, finding it difficult to keep focus and keep those creative juices flowing. Kentaro lost focus and neglected to pay attention to challenge parameters (Women on the Go for the Dixie To Go Cups challenge). This isn't the first time it's happened with him and what he did created was his choice to create.
    While I do agree with you on the first part, I disagree regarding Kentaro. His model wanted a dress for an Indian wedding, and given these models are handpicked by production staff for Project Runway, it wouldn't be good to argue with them and try to force them into something they might not want.

That's why I maintain they should NOT have had the production staff picks as the models this challenge. I would think all of them would want something special, not "on the go" (casual daily wear) for themselves.

EITHER they should've done "women on the go" with the regular models OR a regular print challenge with the production staff getting to choose what they wanted.

I mean - deep down this was counterproductive for the designers - they want their PRODUCTION staff picked clients happy, but then they also have to fit in these odd rules that the client might not want.

As it stands it would almost seem they intentionally chose this rather bizarre combination knowing Claire would do something basic "on the go" that we've seen before and create the controversy.

In fact, that may be why they did it so nonsensically and maybe why Claire got lucky with the production manager's choice. It does too seem odd that this challenge happened to be production clients AND a monetary prize.

We'll just have to wait and see in regard to the results of this challenge. I do think Dixie is going to bear the brunt of this - at least a little bit.

FORT Newbie

I think Kentaro's dress was lovely. His "woman on the go" happened to be going to a wedding in India. The dress he made for her was completely appropriate. The back was stunning, and the color was perfect. Women in India wear beautiful saris that are vibrant colors; this lady will fit in perfectly. Personally, I think he should have won.

Shawn couldn't do anything without her sister. Not sure why she was ever included in this challenge. I also feel something should have been don't about them weeks ago. I know it is ok for designers to help each other, but.... the twins went above and beyond that. This was evident when Shawn had to actually do something on her own... and couldn't. She behaved like she was "giving up the challenge so her sister could continue", but she was actually saving face. She knew she just didn't have the chops to be in the challenge.

And now for October 12th's episode.........
    Babbred likes this.

LOL. Yep, she definitely said she was a-going to a wedding.

+ Reply to Thread