+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: 9/28 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

9/28 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

The Ultimate Faceoff - It's the JC Penney Challenge and the designers must work in teams to use men's fabrics and designs to create a fashionable look for their female models.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 9/28 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

It's not enough to inflict us with the twins but now that it's time for one to go they drag it out for another week.

FORT Newbie

I thought the same thing. Yet another week? But it probably won't take up much time next week, as there is also another challenge. As far as the twins go, I hope that Claire gets voted off, because we already know that Shawn can't make anything without her. I would like to see a show with Shawn trying to make something ON HER OWN.

I liked Margarita's winning dress, but the one judge was correct in saying it would not look good on a plus-sized woman. I think that Brandon and Kentaro come up with some great designs, but I would like to see them dress one of the larger sized models. Their clothes look great on super thin women. Kentaro's winning outfit last week looked fabulous, but his model was a knockout, and had incredible abs, making his outfit work. Obviously a larger model (like the beautiful Liris) would not look good in that cropped top.

Great that they have all sizes of models this year, but truthfully, it is so much easier dressing the thin models. The current trends and "eyes" of the American people still favor the thin when it comes to fashion. I am NOT at all thin; never have been. But I realize that is just the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by justmythoughts View Post
    I think that Brandon and Kentaro come up with some great designs, but I would like to see them dress one of the larger sized models. Their clothes look great on super thin women. Kentaro's winning outfit last week looked fabulous, but his model was a knockout, and had incredible abs, making his outfit work. Obviously a larger model (like the beautiful Liris) would not look good in that cropped top.
    Kentaro HAS dressed a plus sized model - the sleepwear challenge. He also was a TOP look, losing to a design that really works best on a thin model.

Brandon I do think hasn't dressed a plus sized model.

While I do think the right designer team won and winner as well (it would work up to a size 16 I think), I liked Brandon and Kentaro's looks as well.

As far as this cliffhanger challenge - honestly I don't think they were going to do this UNLESS this situation occurred. They want the drama, and while I DO feel the twins deserve every. single. minute. of the drama that will incur, I think it's just unnecessary challenges and one that should've been used for two better designers.

Both their attitudes were absolutely horrid tonight. The teams they panned had better designed - or at least better made - outfits. I'm surprised the judges did not call them out on the cocky "we know better than you" attitudes they exuded during the judging phase. Even watching Sandro tonight in the bottom looks portion of the repeats earlier, his attitude was better than these guys - and he's one who quit. (I forgot the guy did the scrap dress for fine jewelry too - and there I totally got Sandro's exasperated reaction).

And this was a case where the twins were the clear worst look of the lot.

Wonder if Claire will fall on her sword and let Shawn stay, but without Claire can Shawn even sew an outfit by herself?
    No goat killers on my island.

Well, previews showed total meltdown on both their parts. It also hinted that next week will be the "scandal" episode as they showed Margarita talking about under bus throwing and Michael walking off the runway.

I think Margarita won because her shirt dress would be easy and inexpensive to duplicate for retail. While I love the Dream Team's collaboration for design and style, it would be too many pieces and more expensive to reproduce.

Margarita's dress online is priced at $39.99 and falls in with the PR design perspective for the website. In other words, most of the looks look like they come from the same designer.

Project Runway Dresses for Women - JCPenney
    MFWalkoff, Babbred and woodiedog like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Brandon had a plus size model in week 1. He was all upset about it, thought he'd be the 1st one out.

They ( ie PR) love the twins. They're annoying as hell. What better then two really annoying people for people to fuss about rather than one. And then to take sides about-- which twin is the more annoying-- bad twin vs worse twin-- and so on. So of course we have to have as much of them as can be eked out. I'm not really enjoying that much. It seems to have become formulaic and a bit robotic.
    petertracy and lilymax like this.

I hate that they dragged it out another week. I feel we will surely lose both next week unless someone else really screws up. Shawn can design but not sew and Claire can sew but not design. They just can't function independently. I also think out of all the people who are left, they are the only ones who would cheat. I am sure this whole scandal they have been teasing all season will turn out to be a letdown. I preferred the brothers' looks to Margarita's, but I do understand why they picked her. I do agree it has mostly to do with the ease of reproducing for retail. One thing I do absolutely love is the bromance between Kentaro and Brandon. They are just adorable. I would still watch if it focused on them rather than stupid twin drama. I still chuckle at that clip with Kentaro from last week asking the producer if criticizing Batani's African print was racist.
    Babbred likes this.

FORT Fogey

There must be many, many talented designers who tried out for PR just shaking their heads at seeing the people they did select for this season.....probably the worst group in a while.
    cavendish and lilymax like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast