+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: 9/28 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Re: 9/28 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by annemik View Post
    I just tried to watch this episode and maybe I am just having a bad day, but this episode is so boring, I just can't watch (maybe later). I read the comments and discovered they were going to extend it into next week - what? Enough already!
    I'm with you. I had to shut it off and come back to it a different day and even then I couldn't remember who got eliminated.... only to later remember that no one got eliminated. Well, here's hoping the sew-off between the twins will at least be entertaining. If Shawn ends up staying over Claire, I'll be ticked! First, she volunteered to be the one who leaves. Second, she's needed her sisters constant help this season. She is definitely the weaker of the two....imho.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

I'm kind of hoping it's Claire that goes, only because there doesn't seem to be a way that Shawn could survive without the help and consequently she'd be leaving soon after.
    AZChristian likes this.

I was wondering which twin will leave, and perhaps if they might double eliminate them. They can do that if they want to, and if they both melt down, they may both go.

However, I think if one does stay, it should be the one who made the most beautiful garments, no? I'm not clear on this, but I think Shawn actually has had the better looking outfits? I will go and have a look. I realize her sister practically makes them for her, but technically, they are HER designs. And I can imagine the producers loving the fact that after her sis goes, her stuff will be a hot mess. They were probably gloating over that. Maybe we all are, lol.
    AZChristian and Babbred like this.

Which twin can't sew waistbands & zippers? Did I spy Yolanda as a judge in the previews? If so this is the cheating scandal week. Perhaps the twins helped each other after being told specifically they couldn't do that.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I think the twins should have knocked it out of the park this challenge. They are accustomed to working together (a HUGE advantage) and Claire can sew and Shawn can (or thinks she can) design. To me, them landing on the bottom means they should BOTH go home!
    Bearcata likes this.
    I am one step away from being rich. All I need now is money

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Shouldn't they both go? Helping another contestant to such a degree that they aren't actually doing anything? They both deserve the boot. Because it's gone on and on week after week. TPTB know it.
    Silver18 likes this.
    Well, I won't back down/No I won't back down/You can stand me up at the gates of hell/But I won't back down
    No I'll stand my ground//And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down/Gonna stand my ground/Well I know what's right/I got just one life/In a world that keeps on pushin' me around/But I'll stand my ground/And I won't back down-Tom Petty

The judges have already declared they don't consider contestants helping each other cheating.

I don't have a problem with them pitting the twins against one another. This show is about competition. They've done this same thing before - given contestants a little extra time to rework their designs for a second judging - and if they want to do it again, the fact that the contestants are also siblings shouldn't stop them. If the twins didn't believe they would eventually go head-to-head, they're terribly naive. This isn't Bachelor in Paradise, where those twins competed as one unit. Time for these girls to grow up and learn to do things for themselves. Obviously, they're very close, but at this point, it seems to be hampering their personal (and professional) growth.

Fingers crossed for a double elimination. I'm over both of them. They're not nearly talented enough to warrant so much screen time.
    Kao, Bearcata, petertracy and 2 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I kinda thought one might volunteer to go. I guess it doesn't matter much to me which was gone. The other doesn't really have a chance, because as somebody else already observed, they weren't really good enough to still be here.

Am I correct in thinking the whole scandal is over Margarite thinking that Claire stole her shirtdress design? That is ridiculous, I must say. She did not invent the shirtdress. What Claire sent down the runway did not look like her dress.

Of course if it's about her working in her room when she isn't supposed to, then kick her to the curb. But please send Margarita home right after her!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234