+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: 9/28 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Re: 9/28 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    I hate that they dragged it out another week. I feel we will surely lose both next week unless someone else really screws up. Shawn can design but not sew and Claire can sew but not design. They just can't function independently. I also think out of all the people who are left, they are the only ones who would cheat. I am sure this whole scandal they have been teasing all season will turn out to be a letdown.
    I don't know - given the volatility of the twins if the scandal IS them (or involves them) it will be worth the wait. Haven't seen an outburst that was really bad since Sandro blew his top because he wasn't getting critiqued being constantly safe.

If they twins are NOT involved, I do sadly agree with you.

I preferred the brothers' looks to Margarita's, but I do understand why they picked her. I do agree it has mostly to do with the ease of reproducing for retail.
    I pegged that as well, though I think in the case of Kentaro and Brandon they'd only done one or two pieces of said collection. The showstoppers were really the coats there.

One thing I do absolutely love is the bromance between Kentaro and Brandon. They are just adorable. I would still watch if it focused on them rather than stupid twin drama. I still chuckle at that clip with Kentaro from last week asking the producer if criticizing Batani's African print was racist.
    Kentaro and Brandon are competitors but they realize the difference between competition and friendship. They are - at least what I'm seeing - separating the two and their work shows that for the good. (this may explain too some of the envious remarks from other contestants - not so much the "dream team" but they're able to do this differentiation.)

I think it's also why I enjoy watching them too and wish more were showing this camaraderie.

Kentaro's comment last week was funny admittedly. At least Batani's dress did look good in the end (at least my opinion).

I think Margarita was really helped by having a slender model this week. Her dress would have looked very different on a bigger-sized model.
    Lizard likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Well, previews showed total meltdown on both their parts. It also hinted that next week will be the "scandal" episode as they showed Margarita talking about under bus throwing and Michael walking off the runway.

I think Margarita won because her shirt dress would be easy and inexpensive to duplicate for retail. While I love the Dream Team's collaboration for design and style, it would be too many pieces and more expensive to reproduce.

Margarita's dress online is priced at $39.99 and falls in with the PR design perspective for the website. In other words, most of the looks look like they come from the same designer.

Project Runway Dresses for Women - JCPenney
    I love that the dress was marked down from $69.00. It just went on sale today!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

"...Meta-Foric-Cally!" Kocky_Kamikaze's Avatar

The dress has already sold out.

Am I the only one who has grown insanely bored with Brandon's same outfits time after time?

I'm soooo glad that one of the twins is going home! (Tim, please don't save them!)

Okay, it seems that Miss Margarita is developing a nasty habit of throwing people under the bus for her missteps.
    petertracy likes this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Kao

Yes! One of the twins is going home! Pity they had to drag out the drama for another week because I'm tired of them...especially Shawn.

I really liked Ayana, Brendan and Kentaro's looks. I liked Margarita's look as well, but it would not look good on a bigger frame. Glad Kenya and her partner was safe.

I just had a horrid thought. What if Tim uses his save on the twin that would be going home? Noooo...
    Babbred likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kao View Post
    I just had a horrid thought. What if Tim uses his save on the twin that would be going home? Noooo...
    I just can't imagine that happening. He usually has the best read on the designers. If he saved one of them, it would mean either the producers intervened, or else he is slipping. Like, REALLY slipping.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

As much as the twins grate on me, I felt badly that the judges are making them compete against each other. They are so dependent on each other, itís just not in their nature to work against each other.
    I wish the producers had just sent one home with a quick exit.

FORT Fogey

Of course there is no need for this sham....Shawn already agreed to be the one going home. PR has dipped into crappola this year selecting utterly talentless designers who came on with a gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by woodiedog View Post
    As much as the twins grate on me, I felt badly that the judges are making them compete against each other. They are so dependent on each other, itís just not in their nature to work against each other.
    I wish the producers had just sent one home with a quick exit.

I never thought I would hear myself say this, but yeah, when Heidi announced this face-off, I thought it was cruel. I mean, for Pete's sake, the judges know whom they need to eliminate. Claire has been safe all season, and even made it to the top in the lingerie challenge. She even admitted last week that she was getting tired of Shawn bugging her constantly while she tries to work. Shawn, OTOH, has been on the bottom two or three times now. (Hadn't she been in the bottom the past two challenges before this week's episode?) If Claire weren't here, Shawn would have been eliminated without any fuss.

You know this is all ratings-driven because they are both in the workroom for their private challenge. (We saw that in the previews.) If the judges really had wanted to have them compete separately, they would have put them in different rooms where they couldn't see each other! What we're going to get next week is just another reality TV meltdown/hysterical episode between women. I refuse to buy into this crud so I'm going to FF through the whole mini-challenge.

Part of me doesn't think Tim would save the one eliminated. However, the past couple of seasons he saved a designer more because he felt sorry for them than because they deserved it talent-wise. I really, really, really hope that doesn't happen here. If it does, then I may stop watching. I have had it up to my teeth with the twins, especially Shawn.

ibot2much

Of course there is no need for this sham....Shawn already agreed to be the one going home. PR has dipped into crappola this year selecting utterly talentless designers who came on with a gimmick.

Remember back at the beginning of the season, they showed this clip of Tim frowning at the designers, saying "This is completely unprofessional." He had the most severe look I've ever seen him have on this show. I wonder if he was referring to Margarita throwing Michael under the bus next week and his storming off the runway? I mean, we've had other design partners attack each other in the past. Whatever happens next week, therefore, has to be over-the-moon worse.
    woodiedog likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

I did laugh early on when Margarita did the twins' pompous " Indeed"....but lately she really has had a lot of negatives to say about everybody....so it should be interesting to see what transpires between her and M.
    woodiedog likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast