+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: 9/21 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

9/21 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Models Off Duty - The models serve as inspiration to the designers to create a street style look. However, ceding creative control to the models proves to be a difficult chore for some designers. Guests judges are Georgina Chapman and Chelsea Ballerini.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 9/21 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

My goodness! What a mixture! I was kind of surprised by some of these designs, and not in a good way.

First, I just have to say that Claire needs to tell her sister to do her own work. I can't imagine why she let that go on for so long.

Brandon's outfit is awful, in my opinion. I don't like that at all. But I don't like most of these outfits, to be truthful.

I do like Baldy's design, and I think it should have won. I also liked Samantha's. Why did they send her home. when hers was much better than Margarita's? Margarita hasn't done anything noteworthy, in my opinion. I'm a bit upset by this. I'm surprised to be upset, but I am. Bad move, judges!
    crusin likes this.

FORT Fogey

When they said they were working with partners next week, I thought, "Good. Separate the twins." But I thought it appeared from the previews that the twins were once again working together. Did it look that way to anyone else? Why on earth can't they come up with a challenge where they can't discuss everything with each other and Claire can't help Shawn at all? It really isn't fair to the other designers who are clearly starting to resent it, and I can see why.

BTW, I wish Amy's look would have made it to the final six simply because I wanted a better look at that reversible coat thing. I thought it looked sort of cool, but we only got to see it fairly briefly because she was barely seen in the workroom. That's another reason I wish we could get rid of the twins. They consistently eat up screen time so that we don't get to see that much of some designers. I still feel like I barely know who some of them are.
    GolfGrrl, crusin and Moontat like this.

I liked Kentaro's look and am very happy it won.

I'm tired of the twins and their drama. I'm hoping they'll be eliminated sooner than later.
    dzigner, crusin, beerbelly and 7 others like this.

That running around back and forth, dodging around other people as if the building were on fire has got to go!

It's a horrible thing to say, but if I were one of those other designers, id be tempted to put a foot out the next time a twin ran by...

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    My goodness! What a mixture! I was kind of surprised by some of these designs, and not in a good way.

First, I just have to say that Claire needs to tell her sister to do her own work. I can't imagine why she let that go on for so long.

Brandon's outfit is awful, in my opinion. I don't like that at all. But I don't like most of these outfits, to be truthful.

I do like Baldy's design, and I think it should have won. I also liked Samantha's. Why did they send her home. when hers was much better than Margarita's? Margarita hasn't done anything noteworthy, in my opinion. I'm a bit upset by this. I'm surprised to be upset, but I am. Bad move, judges!
    IMO, the reason they sent Samantha home is because she's been on that trajectory and repeated the same error two weeks in a row.

In fact, when her model took the vest off, it looked to me as if she used some of the very same ugly tapestry/upholstery type fabric she used in last week's look.

Anyway, the judges cut her for being a flat one note designer. These are her looks in reverse order of episodes and, IMO, the judges made the right call and she needed to go.

Samantha pr16-ep6.jpg
    Samantha pr16-ep5.jpg
    Samantha pr16-ep4.jpg
    Samantha pr16-ep3.jpg
    Samantha pr16-ep1and2.jpg
    beerbelly and annemik like this.

FORT Fogey

Honestly, I'm not sure it mattered which one of them went home, since I don't see either of them being real contenders. I doubt the twins are either. Since they are paired up next week, is it too much to hope that the losing team goes home in a double elimination and it's them? I'm just tired of them and their schtick, which is getting way too much airtime. They're pretentious and annoying and I haven't been really impressed by any of their outfits. If they can't both leave, can at least one of them go? And can we get to hear them throw each other under the bus when they're asked which one of them should go home?

BTW, having seen the short preview of next week's episode, I hope we get to see more of Swatch's 10th birthday than just the cake. Ten years is a pretty big milestone for a dog. I think Tim should present him with some kind of gift. Maybe all the teams should have to make him a doggie-appropriate gift to go with their two outfits. That would be nice.

FORT Newbie

I too am glad that Kentaro won. His model looked great. (Wouldn't it be nice to have abs like that?) When Zac said (during the judging) that he "didn't like what was going on" (when Tim mentioned how the twins worked together) I thought and hoped that one of the twins were going home. That black sweatshirt outfit was awful. The top part of ok, but those shorts were AWFUL, and Nina was right; the model had no shape in them.

In the previews, it appears the twins are paired up for the next challenge. Perhaps they will implode and not work well together, and one of them will get eliminated. I would like to see 1 go, just to see if the other can design an outfit on their own. You would think that even they could see that everyone else works hard ALONE and gets their projects done, while they can't do anything without including their sister. It just makes them appear as though they should have never been on the show in the first place.

The designers are different this season from most others. Many are interesting, but so far, I have been changing my mind on which one I like the most. I suspect that Brandon, Kentaro and Ayano will be around for the final... not sure of who else.

FORT Fogey

Don't you think that if the Powers To Be wanted the crap to stop between the twins, it would and they would have sent the black sweatshirt twin home yesterday to insure it...because she deserved to go more than either of the other two..Terrible outfit.

Yes, Claire's outfit was pretty bad. Baldy tends to create designs I like better than Claire's so far. Baldy herself has designed two or three I really did like, even though I don't like her.

So there is indeed a case for Claire to go. She hasn't really done anything that stands out, much like some others (Margarita would still have been my choice to go home, then Claire, or maybe both, if I had my way.) Sighhhhh....but I am not a judge.

Up until today, it was always pretty clear who should go, wasn't it? I remember it that way. I may be forgetting a challenge or two, though.

Seems like I remember Samantha getting the comment twice from the judges that she should be designing things more like the ones she wears. Nina said it this time, didn't she or someone else say it in another challenge? I have to wonder why Samantha didn't take that seriously enough to change what she does. She certainly would not have got much farther on the style she favors creating. I do think she is capable of doing something else, though. I liked her gold dress with the leather harness.
    Babbred likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast