+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: 9/21 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Re: 9/21 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Indeed, indeed! Lol!

The way the twins speak, and over-enunciate every word, is super annoying. Baldy won't be able to put anything decent out on the runway without her sister sewing things for her, even though her ideas are better than her sister's. So I'd love to see Claire go, if only to watch Shawn crumble without her.

Margarita seemed to make her model pretty mad at the judging, implying her model was demanding and picky, and that she wouldn't have designed it that way otherwise. What a cop out! They seemed completely in sync up until then, but she had to distance herself once they said they didn't like it. Bad look for her (not the outfit as much as the personality, I mean).

It must have been hard to be the models this time, and hear critiques about their styles that they requested, as they said in the waiting room. The judges didn't seem to take that into account, and spoke like they usually do, as if the models are barely there. But these were looks supposedly they liked and wanted. I really like hearing from the models, so I'm glad they've included the mirror chats with us this season.

Most of the outfits in this episode were disappointing, either not that pretty or too out there for me. Brandon again made something I didn't like at all. But, I'm still wanting to see more from him, to hopefully be pleasantly surprised one day.
    cablejockey and Babbred like this.

I didn't want Samantha to go. I thought Kenya's ugly green suit was the worst, but I wouldn't have wanted her to go either.

Claire's look sucked, but not enough to justify giving her the auf, dammit.

I want the twins gone yesterday. Shawn has a big mouth, and really vapid opinions. Grrrrr...
    Silver18 likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Really did not want Samantha to go. This week and last her own outfits were nice. Why is she putting these black and red dull prints/colors on her model. It even seemed as if she used the exact same fabric this week as last. Maybe the pressure got to her.

Kenya's I didn't mind, the pants looked cool.

Kentaro and his model and the outfit all just melded well together.

Brandon - fugly.

The Twins, I thought something would happen but it didn't, as Tim said they are allowed to help each other but it is to Claire's detriment. If they have a reunion show the other designers will hopefully rip into the Twins as their comments especially the one about Samantha was just mean, "the only outfit of her's I liked was well trash". I think the Twins think they are being snarky, it comes across as mean and nasty, they obviously feel they are better then everyone else.
    Silver18 likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

I cannot stand the twins! I will be glad to see them go but then I guess they are "good tv". SMH.

I, too, would like to see Claire go and watch Shawn crash & burn. They never have any kind words for the other designers

I was sad to see Samantha go especially when Claire's outfit was poorly constructed and ugly. If only Samantha had used a color other than black.

Although, I like Brandon's outfits, they all basically look the same.

I liked Kenya's outfit especially the blouse.

Get rid of the twins. Oh I also like the outfit with the African prints. Don't know the designer's name. So colorful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Everyone has a Mt. Everest. ......."

"...Meta-Foric-Cally!" Kocky_Kamikaze's Avatar

I honestly thought that one of the designers would bust Shawn out for her knock off. Didn't someone in one of the past seasons get called out for basically making a knock off of another dress? Someone really should have said something. And Tim should have mentioned how she hinders her sister.

Okay Nina told Samantha two so what she wears. She did that plus adding on a few details. It's like you either like the lowly to look or you don't like the Lolita look or you don't like the Lolita look.

And I I swear to God if I see one more well-tailored flour sack from Brandon I will go completely full tilt loco!!!
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

I learned something this week: "Lolita" style fashion. It's very popular in Japan, and that's where Samantha worked and designed for several years. If you Google the term, you'll see that most of what she made was a reflection of her aesthetic.

She seemed like a nice person, and her garments were well-sewn and interesting . . . they just weren't hoochy enough for Heidi or bedazzled enough for Nina's current taste.
    Arielflies and redsox girl like this.
    I'm Paula.

Thanks for clarifying and now I understand what was meant by judges referring to Samantha as a one-trick-pony. Until you said that, I had no idea that her looks she was creating variations of the same style dress.

Also, after googling "Lolita" and looking at the various images, seems as if ChaCha's style and look is also a variation of "Lolita" ... who would have thought?

But, but...I can't wait for the big cheating scandal to happen, as I think it must involve the twins.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    But, but...I can't wait for the big cheating scandal to happen, as I think it must involve the twins.

I am going crazy waiting for it to break. I feel like the detective in an Agatha Christie novel. Of the remaining designers, who is the most likely suspect? Who would have the strongest motive? I honestly cannot see someone other than the twins being it. Brandon...Kentaro...Michael... Amy...Ayana...Batani...Margari ta. Some of them are better designers than others, but they are all confident in their point of view and skills. I simply cannot picture any of them cheating. They would turn their noses up in scorn at the idea. Kenya feels overwhelmed sometimes, but I can't see her doing it, either. She has too much at stake. In the Road show, she talked about how she used to be homeless and is now barely hanging on financially. Why in the world would she risk throwing her career away?

But then again, why would the twins cheat? Baldy might not be a good designer, but surely she wouldn't be stupid enough to do something like that. Or maybe it's a case of degrees. Maybe she has pushed the envelope so much and gotten away with it that maybe she doesn't see it as cheating (whatever it is). Whatever the heck it is, it's got to be serious. We saw this week that sewing another designer's dress doesn't rise to that level, so what on earth is worse than that? In the first cheating scandal, a designer smuggled in a pattern book and his fellow designers busted him. Is that what happens here? Do the other designers rat somebody out? Ahhhhhhhh! I want to know!

Not much to say about the fashions this week. I agreed with Kentaro winning. I was sad to see Samantha go, because I wish the twins had gone first. Glad Brandon didn't win again because I didn't like this outfit, either. I laughed when Zac said about Kenya's creation, "It's Peter Pan crossed with 101 Dalmatians." I thought the same thing about that blouse! And I agree with the commenter here who said it looked middle-class. You can see similar outfits in any big-box clothing store such as Penny's or Sears.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Fogey

I was very surprised that she picked that terrible animal print. Really tacky. The black sweatshirt and chopped off shorts should have gone home.....seriously...the shorts were on the run way with no hem....just chopped off and the judges didn't throw a fit at that!!
    Babbred likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast