+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: 9/21 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

FORT Fan

Re: 9/21 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

How many times, and from how many designers have we now seen that long sleeve with the elastic wrist with ribbons? Half of these designers are one trick ponies this season. I think if the judges had pulled the sweatshirt out of the hoochie shorts and seen the bottom cut, not hemmed they might have sent her packing.
    Trust Me!

I still can't understand how you can be a designer if you can't put in a zipper or a waist band. That emerald green outfit they loved; all I saw was JC Penney separates from the mid 70's. Fugly.
    MFWalkoff, Babbred and Kfou like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I still can't understand how you can be a designer if you can't put in a zipper or a waist band. That emerald green outfit they loved; all I saw was JC Penney separates from the mid 70's. Fugly.
    I agree. I was truly shocked that the judges didn't ridicule that one. The only saving grace was that the model had those long, long legs and was tall. She also had enough body to carry it without it totally overwhelming her. Otherwise, it would have been a disaster. I hate to say it, but on a fuller figured, or "real" sized model, who was not tall, that would have been tacky, tacky, tacky. It was just too much, and has definitely been done to death...in another decade!

Updating my picks ...

Aaron Myers - matter of time (too specific point of view) (toast; on his way out)
    Amy Bond -top contender contender
    Ayana Ife - matter of time (too specific point of view)
    Batani-Khalfani - matter of time (she's not ready) contender (I still don't think she's ready)
    Brandon Key - matter of time contender top contender
    ChaCha - matter of time
    Claire Buitendorp - contender matter of time contender
    Deyonte Weather - top contender matter of time
    Kentaro Kameyama - top contender
    Kenya Freeman - top contender contender top contender
    Kudzanai Karidza - contender
    Margarita Alvarez - contender matter of time (she's not ready and on her way out)
    Michael Brambila - matter of time (too specific point of view) contender top contender
    Samantha Rei - contender (I'm not certain of her point of view) matter of time (on her way out)
    Sentell McDonald - contender
    Shawn Buitendorp - matter of time contender

The changes this episode is I moved Claire up, because this time around design wasn't the issue, moved Kenya up (because she's back), moved Margarita down (poor thing knew she was on bottom by the time judges spoke to her and clearly she's not ready) and finally moved Michael up (I'm very surprised --- from the get go didn't think he was capable).

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

IMO, Claire will be let go next week. Shawn will make pretty drawings and buy nice fabric, and will then try to get ANY or ALL of the remaining designers to actually sew her garment together. They will - understandably - decline the honor.

At least that's my hope.
    I'm Paula.

What is confusing to me is the 15 min preview of the next show. I somehow think that is the show that has happened. I like it and I don't like it. At least the Bros get paired up next week as do the twins...top and bottom? Only way one of the twins will go home is if they are the last place team.
    Kfou likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I have mixed feelings about this episode. I can't stand the twins. I FF through their pretentious presentations both with Tim and the judges. Personally, I disliked the look that went home. It was way too "cutsie-pie little girl a her first party dress" for me. To me, it looked a lot like the clothes the designer herself wears and it did not suit the body type of the model at all. A tall thin girl could possibly pull it off, but not a plus size - too much fabric and way too fussy. Margarita is really up and down. I don't think she has really found her voice yet. Brandon, although he is a terrific tailor and every garment is sewn beautifully, they all look the same. I'm glad Kentaro won. I think he and Michael have impressed me the most. Although it's still too early to call, I think the top four will be - Brandon, Kentaro, Michael, and maybe one of the twins (although I hope it's neither).
    ryansmommy likes this.

I'm confused. Did I miss the show where someone's exposed for cheating or something like that? We saw previews several weeks ago and each week I wait for it in the show, but I still haven't seen what happened.

From this week: I thought Kentaro's outfit was the best. I thought that Shawn should have been let go.

Non-fashion related: I'm sick to death of the twins. Lawwwwd, please make it stop.
    justCoz, mayamaisha and annemik like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Quote Originally Posted by annemik View Post
    I have mixed feelings about this episode. I can't stand the twins. I FF through their pretentious presentations both with Tim and the judges. Personally, I disliked the look that went home. It was way too "cutsie-pie little girl a her first party dress" for me. To me, it looked a lot like the clothes the designer herself wears and it did not suit the body type of the model at all. A tall thin girl could possibly pull it off, but not a plus size - too much fabric and way too fussy. Margarita is really up and down. I don't think she has really found her voice yet. Brandon, although he is a terrific tailor and every garment is sewn beautifully, they all look the same. I'm glad Kentaro won. I think he and Michael have impressed me the most. Although it's still too early to call, I think the top four will be - Brandon, Kentaro, Michael, and maybe one of the twins (although I hope it's neither).
    Definitely Brandon and Kentaro. Not 100% sure of Michael showing at Fashion Week; however, see him as a strong possibility along with Kenya and, perhaps, Amy.

Then there would be Shawn and Claire. I liked Claire's top ... I suppose I'm the only one. I think Shawn is a strong designer, but can she construct?

Along with Shawn and Claire, I also see Ayana and Batani as, at best, dark-horse candidates to show at fashion week.

The next challenge appears to be a novelty and that could shake things up. Otherwise, I'd expect it'll be Margarita next to go.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephD View Post
    I'm confused. Did I miss the show where someone's exposed for cheating or something like that? We saw previews several weeks ago and each week I wait for it in the show, but I still haven't seen what happened.

From this week: I thought Kentaro's outfit was the best. I thought that Shawn should have been let go.

Non-fashion related: I'm sick to death of the twins. Lawwwwd, please make it stop.
    Indeed! LOL

It's the episode with Yolanda as judge. However, this episode we did hear judges affirm that contestants helping one another is NOT cheating. Thus, if there is a seriously accusation of cheating, it's not contestants helping one another.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast