+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: 9/14 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

9/14 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Descending Into Good and Evil - Drawing inspiration from the film "Descendants 2", the designers visit Lyndhurst Castle and are tasked with creating a look that represents good or evil. Dove Cameron and China Anne McClain are guest judges.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: 9/14 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Descending Into Good and Evil - Drawing inspiration from the film "Descendants 2", the designers visit Lyndhurst Castle and are tasked with creating a look that represents good or evil. Dove Cameron and China Anne McClain are guest judges.

Enjoy the show!
    1. What's Descendants 2?
    2. Where is Lyndhurst Castle?
    3. Who are Dove Cameron and China Anne McClain?

(I am obviously old. But I can Google them if I'm interested after the show. LOL.)
    I'm Paula.

FORT Fogey

Okay, if anyone other than Aaron goes home, it's a joke. Not that all of the other outfits were that great, but his is so dreadful that it has to be the loser. I agree with the woman who said it looked like crepe paper streamers--and it also looked as if he just threw said streamers at the model. Honestly, how does he take two days to put that together?

On the other hand, if Claire went home, I'd be happy that I wouldn't have to listen to any twin babble anymore.

Oh, yeah, and while I do kind of get why they liked Brandon's outfit so much, I'd prefer it if the sleeves weren't so long that the model's hands disappeared into them. I mean, let's be real here--occasionally, a woman might need to use her hands.

Aaron was the obvious choice to go.

Scared they would make Samantha go, but I want to see more of her.

When they have the finalist come back and when they have the reunion show there is going to be so much venom and laser death stares thrown at the twins. Their critiques of the other designers was vicious and just getting to be mean, but it is hysterical watching the envy, and jealousy all over the Baldy/Shawn's face when the judges praise the other designers.

I would not have been said to see Shawn go with Aaron this week.

Glad to see the plus girls look fierce this week.

In their own clothes the plus size girls look fabulous (in next week's preview) amazing how the designers make them look fat.
    Babbred likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Okay, if anyone other than Aaron goes home, it's a joke. Not that all of the other outfits were that great, but his is so dreadful that it has to be the loser. I agree with the woman who said it looked like crepe paper streamers--and it also looked as if he just threw said streamers at the model. Honestly, how does he take two days to put that together?

On the other hand, if Claire went home, I'd be happy that I wouldn't have to listen to any twin babble anymore.

Oh, yeah, and while I do kind of get why they liked Brandon's outfit so much, I'd prefer it if the sleeves weren't so long that the model's hands disappeared into them. I mean, let's be real here--occasionally, a woman might need to use her hands.
    UGH, the twinspeak. One of them needs to go next week. I can't even bear to listen to them. They're such toxic mean girls. They never have anything positive to say about any of the other designers' work. Obviously that's a sign of their insecurity, but it's still tiresome and annoying.

I totally get why the judges love Brandon. It's unusual on this show to see a designer whose work is SO original and doesn't feel derivative. So far, Brandon's work doesn't look like anyone else's.....in a good way! This show isn't trying to find the next LL Bean designer. This is about high fashion, which isn't anything the majority of the population will ever wear. They want to find an original voice.

It seem like we've had more thrown together pieces hitting the runway this season. Like those garments that just never come together and the designer just slaps something on the model so she doesn't have to walk the runway nude.

As other posters have mentioned, I've enjoyed hearing from the models this season. There are several models in past seasons who wore things I knew they HAD to think were horrid, but we never heard about it.

The looks of horror on the faces of all the judges when Aaron's look came down the runway It looked like a pinata.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I wasn't as in love with Brandon's look this week. It had the elements of his past work, but it felt sloppy to me. I was hoping Michael or Kenya would take it, I loved both their looks. Obviously Aaron was going home -- it's like his model had static cling and a bunch of fabric strips jumped onto her as she walked across a rug.

Claire can suck it. I can't wait for her to go. Shawn's looks are almost as boring as hers, but she keeps landing near the top so I'm just gritting my teeth with her for now...ugh.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I had to laugh when Dove commented that she couldn't tell if the stuff on the front of Aaron's look was fabric or paper because it looked like streamers Talk about poor construction too. His model was pulling at the bodice in the runway - that's probably when the strap broke.

I didn't LOVE Brandon's look this week, but I appreciate that his work doesn't look like anyone else's and his designs always look deliberate vs. some of them that look thrown together.

I enjoyed seeing Claire get smacked down over her Disney princess nightmare. You could buy a dress like that at any Party City across America. I did appreciate that she took the criticism and didn't try to argue with the judges. I don't think she was in danger of going home in lieu of Aaron, but if she'd sassed the judges, it might have been a tougher decision.

Didn't love the bottom of Ayana's dress, but the top was gorgeous.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Isn't this the second or third time Claire has placed filmy fabric over shorts? Her twin also turns out the same silhouette each week.

Brandon, at first glance, is too out there...but up close and personal, I see his innovation with the design.

So happy Kenya was able to figure out how to use that fabric.
    dzigner, Babbred and annemik like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I didn't love Brandon's look, but I appreciated the fact that it was so innovative. I liked Michael's the best. His model was rocking the hell out of that dress. It was very stunning. I loved seeing Claire being smacked down a few pegs. I would have loved a double elimination. Aaron had to go, naturally. It was so obvious, it would have been a joke for anyone else to go home. Claire's was so boring and cliche. I actually think of my daughter's halloween costumes had a similar dress when she was in a Disney princess phase.
    Babbred and annemik like this.

To the Point

Brandon's design, while not my taste, was indeed different, and seemed to be very well made. Loved the plus size models getting to look fabulously sexy this week! They should have a challenge where 1/2 the contestants have to produce their design somewhere that there is no access to the others & split the twins up for a week. It would be interesting to see what would transpire.
    Babbred and Fo'Realz? like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast