+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: 9/14 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

FORT Fogey

Re: 9/14 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Clair did get her opinion out there when she was coming into the lounge room....that she wasn't going to grovel and thank the judges profusely for keeping her...she didn't think that she derserved to be in the bottom 3.

I did think that a couple of the people they let on the show were flavors of the month rather than designers who really deserved to be there...Aaron was one and did he ever go out with a whimper.

Michael has come into his own the last two weeks and of course Kenya is fabulous..but Brandon is in a class of his own with innovations and originality. At first, I didn't like it as much as the other two, but he is clever and original and sews beautifully.

I liked Brandon's well enough, but I do think Kenya and Michael should've been the winners. I mean both of them made their models look sexy and were very VERY well sewn. The edge would've been given to Michael because he made his plus sized model look very sexy - and that beam she showed on her face spoke volumes. (I think this too may be the model who gives out advice to her designers.)

I get why Brandon won, but I think it was just a tad too baggy in the back. I don't think many women want men to be able to look down to their underwear. She was more worried about side boob, but I really didn't see much if any. What I like more is he's taking the critiques seriously and I can genuinely see him use them and improve/expand his specialties to include women's wear.

Aaron's was such a farce it wasn't funny.

Claire I think should've gone home too. Hers was not innovative, it was poorly made and even Cinderella's torn up dress would've been more suitable for an evening out on the town. Her attitude of "I didn't deserve to be in the bottom" and both twins' comments also stink so bad that a 3 day run over skunk smells sweet in comparison.

Samantha did earn a scare there, but not an elimination. She at least showed innovation and failed while the other two didn't really care (or actually Claire thought her stuff wasn't bad).
    Babbred and annemik like this.

Only old on the outside! AZChristian's Avatar

It appears that Aaron spent a day and a half on his muslin mock-up, and then he ditched that design and had only a couple of hours to throw together that laughable mess he sent down the runway.

I'm old. I did NOT "get" Brandon's look, other than I liked the fabric and it was finished well.

It would be funny if one of the twins got auf'd and the other continued to run around screaming for input and assistance; the other designers could just give her a cold stare, roll their eyes, and not respond (kind of like Kenya was doing in the sewing room last night).
    Silver18, Babbred and annemik like this.
    I'm Paula.

FORT Fogey

I can't imagine anybody doing anything else if that happened...LOL
    AZChristian likes this.

My mom had a tablecloth that looked identical to Brandon's material. It was inventive and unique but I wouldn't wear it. Twins are on my very last nerve. I loved Kenya's look but could have done without the black ruffles down the bodice but the sleeves...sigh...in a good way.
    Aaron's looked like it was a game from a bridal shower where you had to make a wedding dress using toilet paper for a bride who loves pink or a girl who was in charge of decorations for the prom & taped the crepe paper streamers to her dress. Honestly that dress should never have been sent down the runway because it was falling apart on the model.
    AZChristian, Babbred and annemik like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I really like Brandon because he is so nice as well as because of his talent. This time, I had a few issues with him being the winner. I thought the outfit was original, but not really that wearable. I know it's supposed to be high fashion, but this one rang the bell on my credibility meter. I wouldn't wear it, of course, but I find it hard to imagine who might. It would not work on any but a tall, thin woman. Or man, I guess. I liked the fabrics, and even his treatment of them, but I agree with the poster who said it was too loose. It was. I didn't like the looseness in the back or the side boob. I also didn't appreciate the model's hands being covered.

Aaron was guaranteed to be the one who left. That made the decision easy for the judges. But the decision as to the top looks was debatable, imho. I liked Shawn's outfit a lot (even though I almost don't want to admit it) and I also liked Batani's and Kentaro's looks. So for me, that would have been a tough choice. The good ones were really good, and the bad ones were pretty bad. I can actually see why Claire did not think hers belonged in the bottom, because I thought it was a step above the really bad. It was also way below the really good ones, and they have to have a bottom 3. Did anybody else think that Claire's anger had a bit of a crazy aspect to it? That look on her face!

Amy's didn't impress me much, and I thought it looked pretty sloppy. I don't really like Margarita's work, as a whole. This one looked too much like a nightie, to me. And not a very original one, either. I don't know about anybody else, but I would like to see a few episodes where there aren't any long see-thru gowns with shorts (or whatever) underneath. That's sort of been done to death.

All in all, there were some really nice looks this time. Poor Aaron! That was one of the worst outfits I remember seeing. I don't care much for his personal style, either.
    navybelle and Babbred like this.

I loved how every time one of the top 3 were getting their critiques/praise, the camera kept cutting to Claire giving the other designers a death glare and looking like she smelled something bad
    Bearcata and AZChristian like this.

I'm really enjoying watching Brandon's confidence grow. In the first episode, you could see that he felt like a fish out of water. He designs men's wear, for heaven's sake! But he's finding that he can translate his style to women's wear, too, and the results are a completely unique design voice that's been so refreshing! Again, I loved his design this week. Wasn't so sure while he was working on it, but once the model was moving down the runway in it, I was so impressed!

Shawn's design this week wasn't terrible...Claire's was awful. I wouldn't have been all that surprised at a multiple auf-ing. I'm actually looking forward to seeing one of the twins booted just to see if the other can actually become a solo designer. (I have actually started to develop a twitch every time time I hear "Shawwwwneee?!" Ugh!!) I think Shawn may actually have more potential as a solo act than Claire, but they just may not be able to function alone.

Aaron...yeah, if that look didn't get him sent home, there was definitely something wrong. Oh, that poor model. I felt so bad for her.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I really like Brandon because he is so nice as well as because of his talent. This time, I had a few issues with him being the winner. I thought the outfit was original, but not really that wearable. I know it's supposed to be high fashion, but this one rang the bell on my credibility meter. I wouldn't wear it, of course, but I find it hard to imagine who might. It would not work on any but a tall, thin woman. Or man, I guess. I liked the fabrics, and even his treatment of them, but I agree with the poster who said it was too loose. It was. I didn't like the looseness in the back or the side boob. I also didn't appreciate the model's hands being covered.

Aaron was guaranteed to be the one who left. That made the decision easy for the judges. But the decision as to the top looks was debatable, imho. I liked Shawn's outfit a lot (even though I almost don't want to admit it) and I also liked Batani's and Kentaro's looks. So for me, that would have been a tough choice. The good ones were really good, and the bad ones were pretty bad. I can actually see why Claire did not think hers belonged in the bottom, because I thought it was a step above the really bad. It was also way below the really good ones, and they have to have a bottom 3. Did anybody else think that Claire's anger had a bit of a crazy aspect to it? That look on her face!

Amy's didn't impress me much, and I thought it looked pretty sloppy. I don't really like Margarita's work, as a whole. This one looked too much like a nightie, to me. And not a very original one, either. I don't know about anybody else, but I would like to see a few episodes where there aren't any long see-thru gowns with shorts (or whatever) underneath. That's sort of been done to death.

All in all, there were some really nice looks this time. Poor Aaron! That was one of the worst outfits I remember seeing. I don't care much for his personal style, either.

Thank you! When I saw that outfit, I agreed with the designer in the workroom who said it's just a pair of overalls with a straight jacket thrown over it. I mean, for Pete's sake. I don't care if it is high-fashion, even people who dress like that have to function. How would the poor model go to the bathroom? Or if she were at a party, how would she eat or drink? All she could do is stand there and flap like a giant albatross. How fun would that be?

Also like the costume comments here about Clare's outfit. I have two young nieces who are into all that Disney princess stuff. That outfit looked like something their mother would throw together for a Halloween costume for them.

I wonder what's going to happen next week? Is Shaun really tired of her sister's constant whining? Or is this just more fake drama cooked up with clever editing a la The Bachelor? I hope it's real. If I were Shaun, I would be sick of my less-talented sister always hanging off me, demanding my attention like a three-year-old. And do you think that scene of Tim telling the judges "Something's wrong" has anything to do with Clare?

PA Snow Bunny

Aaron's looked like it was a game from a bridal shower where you had to make a wedding dress using toilet paper for a bride who loves pink or a girl who was in charge of decorations for the prom & taped the crepe paper streamers to her dress. Honestly that dress should never have been sent down the runway because it was falling apart on the model.
    Yes! That's what I thought. His mess reminded of that party game where you take a roll of toilet paper and wrap it around someone. Only in this case, he substituted crepe paper.

Loved how the curvy models rocked their outfits. Evil definitely stomped on Good for this challenge! Normally I don't go for cleavage. However, that model was right. In the other challenges the designers covered her up like they didn't know what to do with her. Good for her showing that normal women can be sexy!

Same thing for the curvy model with the feathers. You could feel the flames as she strutted her stuff on the runway. And wasn't she the one who said to the mirror, "It's good to be bad!"

Speaking of which, I love that feature of the show. They used to have an after-show where the models would get to dish about the designers and their outfits. I loved watching it, because sometimes the models were frank about how they didn't like either. I'm glad they brought that back in a modified form. It's also nice to hear when the models love something. I thought that was so cute when one of them said the models were all crushing on Brandon!
    navybelle and annemik like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Remember how Heidi went on and on about how a girl wouldn't be able to go pee in the middle of the night in somebody's outfit? I remember that because she wouldn't shut up about it, and I thought it seemed stupid at the time. It had something to do with somebody's design for her line of lingerie; it had to be easy to get out of, is what she said. I think Heidi is always trying to sound like she's still young and sexy despite that she isn't 25 anymore. I think Heidi needs to act a bit more her age.

Anyway, I was just thinking, if she really felt that way then why didn't she complain about a girl not being able to go pee at an event, if she were wearing Brandon's "straight jacket" outfit? Now that one would be hard to get out of quickly. According to Heidi's own theory, she would pee herself.
    petertracy likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast