+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 9/7 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

9/7 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

We're Sleeping Wear? - It's the Heidi Klum Sleepwear Challenge, and the designers are invited to a slumber party on the roof of the Empire State Building. Demi Lovato joins as guest judge.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 9/7 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Initially it looked as if everyone was having issues and that all would be disasters. I was amazed that so many outfits looked good, stunned in fact.

I felt bad for Kenya and knew she was going to the bottom three but she was way better than Aaron or Deyonte. I am sorry but the last two challenges or so it looks as if Deyonte's outfits looked the same. It was kinda obvious who was going home.

Luv'ed the scenes between Samantha and Kentaro, and Kentaro and Brandon.

What will Shawn and Claire do when they can't work on each other's outfits?
    Nicksmom, Babbred and annemik like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

FORT Fanatic

Yes I was surprised at the final out come too. I did really like the "twins" looks. I thought this was the show they were going to say they cheated since so many of them were looking at them the whole show. I'm pretty sure Shawn did Claire's top it was the same wrap around type again.

I was trying to figure out how you get your head in the winning one though. Some of those would be pretty hard to sleep in too but they weren't going for comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicksmom View Post
    I was trying to figure out how you get your head in the winning one though. Some of those would be pretty hard to sleep in too but they weren't going for comfort.
    The neck part is a tie, but I don't know how this would be comfortable to sleep in honestly. I'd be worried about choking if the tie got caught in something. I did like it though and it would be a design that could be producible.

I actually preferred Kentaro's look the most - it was comfortable, elegant/cute (both really), and something you can sleep in. Whomever gets that particular model really needs to listen to her though: those who do have been in the top, those that don't (or don't seriously listen to her) end up in the bottom.

The other one I liked was Samantha's. That had all the elements and screamed Empire State inspired. I think it beat Shawn's design a bit honestly - because at least it's something different she's designed (at least my POV). Shawn's wrap around top is yet another same old repeat. (I didn't care for Claire's outfit - doesn't look like pajamas. I had a minor issue when they said that Shawn's was also a city look to wear outside: thought the challenge was to make pajamas, not literal day to sleep looks)

I was surprised by Ayana's because she has consistently done looks the model is completely covered. I liked it except the tan color.

The bottom three were definitely the bottom three looks. Aaron got lucky that Deyonte had been in the bottom the week prior (I think). IMHO Aaron's was a worse look, and I cannot believe he seriously thought sheer pants and white underwear peeking through it is an acceptable look. Even Mondo's child look the All Stars Season (he was worse in AS than his first one) he didn't cross the taste level.
    annemik likes this.

I'm still waiting for the big cheating scandal!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    I'm still waiting for the big cheating scandal!
    The cheating accusation happens during the episode with Yolanda as guest judge.

I don't understand how the twins are allowed to work so closely together. It is really unfair to the other designers. I hate to admit, but I did like bald twin's look. Kentaro was my favorite look. The pattern, the fit, everything was superb. I did like Michael's look, though. I personally would not have enjoyed all those straps. As horrific as Deyonte's look was, I would have sent Aaron home. His tighty whiteys under the sheer bloomers were bad enough (I still can't unsee that). Deyonte at least as proven he can construct a good look and even won a challenge. Aaron has consistently been underwhelming. After this episode, I almost feel as though I should up my pyjama game. Heidi would be horrified at my large t shirts from my obese days that now are my night shirts.
    Silver18 and annemik like this.

I wouldn't bank on the cheating accusation having anything to do with contestants --- even the twins --- helping each other. Cheating on PR has always involved outside sources or double stick tape.

Sad to see Deyonte eliminated, but given how his work spiralled downwards, could be he just wanted to go home. Sadly, home, in this case, didn't land to his pregnant wife, but somewhere with other eliminated contestants sequestered.

Looks as if all of his models have been plus size.

Deyonte pr16-ep4.jpg Deyonte pr16-ep3.jpg
    Deyonte pr16-ep2.jpg Deyonte pr16-ep1.jpg
    cmurfi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    I wouldn't bank on the cheating accusation having anything to do with contestants --- even the twins --- helping each other. Cheating on PR has always involved outside sources or double stick tape.
    If it was contestant cheating it would be them handing each other patterns or literally designing their entire look. I can see people giving each other pointers, but if it were a whole sketch that maybe was another person's design too... that could be seen as cheating between contestants.

It's highly unlikely, but the first guy ejected from this show for cheating had patterns and thought the producers weren't having cameras on them all the time even in the hotels (save bathroom and when they were dressing for example).

Sadly I have a feeling it will be along the lines of the double sided tape or other helpers to keep someone covered up but in reality it doesn't work.

Of note, looking at Deyonte's dance inspired look last week, I wonder if Aaron got the idea for underwear and sheer from that look?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast