+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 9/7 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Re: 9/7 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

I thought that garment with the upside down triangle on the chest, facing upward at its point, was a bit off. One of the judges liked its "blush" color, but my tv showed it as a mauve color. It was pretty, don't get me wrong, but the triangle pointing up like that was distracting to me. It looked out of place on her chest, or something. I wouldn't necessarily want to wear that with all those straps, either. It looked well made, and the shape was flattering, but not that triangle.

Didn't get why the judges thought kentaro's flowered gown was so wonderful. It was attractive, and the colors were bright, but I didn't think the cut was great. Neckline was nice, but the length and cut of the bottom wasn't that attractive, to me. It also didn't look "sexy", to me. I thought when the belt was released it became shapeless and also wrinkled up where the belt had been.

I actually liked baldy's look. It looked expensive and classy. I liked the color and the treatment of the top was beautiful. I don't think those twins should be allowed to be that involved in making each other's garments, though. I was shocked! Of course, it may have been edited to look like they practically teamed up. That was certainly the implication. Don't know why that would be allowed, because it's like a team vs a bunch of individuals.

There were several I thought were nice, I just can't remember the names of the designers who made them. I liked Brandon's and was surprised he was not in the top 3. Was it Amy who made the blue and silver one, with the big stripes down at the flared legs? I thought that was a nice one as well.
    cablejockey likes this.

Michael's look was my favorite so I was happy to see the judges agreed. (Usually me and the judges clash).

My second favorite was, unfortunately, Shawn's. I have to give credit where credit is due.

Kentaro's garment was my third choice. I also loved the humorous banter between him and Samantha. Samantha was genuinely entertained and Kentaro was genuinely entertaining. It was good to see him come out of his shell.

All the other looks were just meh, imho.
    Babbred likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

This week, I thought many of the looks were lovely. But, the others were really bad. I actually thought Shawn's look deserved the win. However, Michael's look was beautiful. It was lovely and looked comfortable. Both of the twins are very annoying to watch. I've known twins who were very close, but these two seem joined at the hip and can't do anything without the other. If they ever get married and have children, it would be an interesting challenge for them. The tasteless absolutely "no class" award goes this week to Aaron. What was he thinkinhg to come out on stage, knowing it was televised, wearing a see through pajama/shorts outfit? I'm glad he was called on it. Poor Deyonte, he just seemed to go downhill from the first challenge. His head isn't in the game (probably more worried about his very pregnant wife and the impending birth of his child than designing clothes). Brandon is a pleasant surprise coming from the world of men's fashion. He has made the transition very well. But, my favorite designer is Kentaro. He has a child-like quality about him, but he is also very sweet and witty. I hope he continues to improve.

Do you think they really slept up on the Empire State building? With all that wind???
    I laughed right out loud at them walking down the streets of New York in those pajamas though!!
    cablejockey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Do you think they really slept up on the Empire State building? With all that wind???
    I laughed right out loud at them walking down the streets of New York in those pajamas though!!
    That's what I thought! And what about a bathroom? As a woman, that was the first thing I thought about.

Loved the top 3, but I would have given the win to Shaun. I loved the vintage feel. It reminded me of something a starlet from the golden age of Hollywood would have worn.

Kentaro was my next choice. His gown was gorgeous, and kudos for rebounding from last week.

I liked the design of the winning gown, but those straps would drive me crazy. I'm surprised the judges liked them.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Weren't they all chevons, a popular design motif during Art Deco times? Also the judges bashed him several times to use color and they got color.
    Maybe so, but the blue hombre was plenty. If they were all chevrons, OK. Whatever. My point is that there are other colors besides that bright pink, yellow and blue. Those colors made the whole garment look like something I would put on a 4 year old, not a piece of lingerie made for an adult woman.

As sleepwear I did not care for any of it - that stuff makes me slide out of the bed when I don't want to. As just clothes, I liked Michael's, Brandon's, and Samantha's.
    And so it begins, the end of times..

I just saw Michael's design featured on Heidi's intimates website. They took off the hip decorations, and adjusted the top part slightly. And, it's $200!!!!! Who needs a nightie that costs that much? Wow. It is pretty, though; I guess I'm just not her target customer because everything I saw on the website was expensive.

https://www.heidiklumintimates.com/sleepwear-and-solutions/project-runway?offset=0&limit=36
    cablejockey and Babbred like this.

Good for him!

(I like it better without the hip detail.)

Isn't that also full length?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast