+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: 8/24 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

8/24 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

An Unconventional Recycling - The first team challenge is also an unconventional materials challenge involving recyclable materials. Maggie Q and Anne Fulenwider are guest judges.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 8/24 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

I don't get the twins. And I don't think it's fair to have siblings on the same show, much less the same team.
    petertracy, Silver18 and Babbred like this.
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

I agreed with the winning and losing teams, but Shawn definitely should have gone home instead of Sentell.

Sentell's garment was really bad, but Shawn's attitude during the whole challenge dragged the team into a sinkhole. They all tried to make up the difference for her being such an energy drain, like people on a team would and should do. They practically put her look together, while she was paralyzed in the corner, and their own looks suffered as a result.

Did Sentell phone in his look? Yup. But he displayed his talent with the work he did on Shawn's halter top. Is he going to be 'paralyzed' by any future challenge like she was this week? I don't think so. And Shawn's crap about not designing for a 'curvy' woman -- I loved how all the judges read her to filth about that, since her model wasn't even plus-sized. Shawn's a head case, and she should have gone this week. Because otherwise, this is turning out to be a really good season. All it needs to do is dump the twins and it will be a GREAT season.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

OK ... starting to get this vibe from Shawn. Girl you are not 5 grow up. Really starting to dislike her attitude. Spoiled princess much?
    Moontat, Silver18 and Babbred like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I agreed with the winning and losing teams, but Shawn definitely should have gone home instead of Sentell.

Sentell's garment was really bad, but Shawn's attitude during the whole challenge dragged the team into a sinkhole. They all tried to make up the difference for her being such an energy drain, like people on a team would and should do. They practically put her look together, while she was paralyzed in the corner, and their own looks suffered as a result.

Did Sentell phone in his look? Yup. But he displayed his talent with the work he did on Shawn's halter top. Is he going to be 'paralyzed' by any future challenge like she was this week? I don't think so. And Shawn's crap about not designing for a 'curvy' woman -- I loved how all the judges read her to filth about that, since her model wasn't even plus-sized. Shawn's a head case, and she should have gone this week. Because otherwise, this is turning out to be a really good season. All it needs to do is dump the twins and it will be a GREAT season.
    Plus size in the fashion industry is a size 12 or 14. Shawn's model was definitely in that category. She wasn't Tess Munster large, but she wasn't close to sample size, which is anywhere from a 0 to a 6, depending.

I think Shawn deserved to go too. I wish Tim had spoken up about what a disruptive influence she was in the workroom. Sentell's dress was awful, but at least he's shown promise and he's not annoying. Plus, he made the only remotely good part of Shawn's look.

I'd love to see the twins go home in a double elimination next week. Can't stand either of them. Their mugging and eye-rolling on the runway was ridiculous.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The twins being on the same team didn't do either one of them any favor in addition to creating such a distraction that we viewers didn't pay attention to Sentell's in-your-face horribly executed look.

IMO, the judges got it right and Sentell has serious execution issues.

Need to update my picks.

Aaron Myers - matter of time
    Amy Bond -top contender contender
    Ayana Ife - matter of time
    Batani-Khalfani - matter of time
    Brandon Key - contender matter of time
    ChaCha - matter of time
    Claire Buitendorp - contender
    Deyonte Weather - top contender
    Kentaro Kameyama - top contender
    Kenya Freeman - top contender
    Kudzanai Karidza - contender
    Margarita Alvarez - contender
    Michael Brambila - matter of time
    Samantha Rei - contender
    Sentell McDonald - contender
    Shawn Buitendorp - matter of time

I wish those twins would be off my tv. They are so unbelievably annoying. Shawn should have gone home. She was disruptive and brought everyone down to her level. Not to mention she and her twin are really their own team instead of the bigger team in the challenge. Sentell did slap something together, but he didn't deserve to go. At least he gets to spend time with his husband, I guess. I am sure the producers think the twins make better tv, but it isn't the case. I would like to see if one of them could function if the other was sent home. At this point I don't care which one goes.
    Babbred and Fo'Realz? like this.

I thought Sentell should go, because his garment was the fugly to end all fugliness. He was nasty during the judging. I guess he doesn't like the twin; he wasn't nasty to anybody but her, really. She's annoying; they both are. But given time we will probably be annoyed by others as well. I don't mind them having twins on the show, they have to have some gimmick or drama producing situations. But these two were guaranteed to annoy others. I can't take the crying. These contestants better be careful who they call "curvy", or the judges will tell them off. I thought that was harsh. To whatever twin that was, she was curvy. Curvy isn't a bad word, you know. She wasn't the "typical" skinny model. But the judges are going to be self righteous and critical about it. I think it's kind of silly. I actually didn't think the twin's dress was as bad as the others. I may be thinking of the other twin though.

The winning team definitely had the best looks. I did not agree with the winning gown, though. I think the short dress with the high collar that looked like leather was the best. It was cool! If anybody other than the designer of that dress was going to win, I thought it should be the guy who did the fabric that flowed throughout the collection because that tied them all together. But I was surprised at the way the judges raved about that long gown with the strips of fabric all over it. I thought it looked a hot mess. Ticky-tacky, if you ask me.

I'd prefer to see this challenge be an individual one; I thought these designs were a step below what we usually see in this challenge. Except for a few notable pieces, of course.

I hope the twins don't freak out and cry over every challenge!

FORT Fogey

First of all this reminded me of the British Baking Show when they just ask for so many or so much of each. This was the unconventional material challenge which is difficult at best, never mind making it into a group effort......just too much work and organization so early in the season.

I thought that the winning look would have been attacked as being costumey...god knows they have said that often enough. One of the other contestants mentioned it was lovely and that it looked like something out of the historical period.....hence a costume in my mind....and it won. There is just no telling.

The other twin was crying again when her sister escaped elimination...please get rid of at least one of them. I chuckled when one of them listed that they designed for entertainers, actresses, singers etc. not "curvey" real women. Seriously they are that successful and well known? So why bother being on the show? Unlike Christian Siriano, they could skip right over the show.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I thought Sentell should go, because his garment was the fugly to end all fugliness. He was nasty during the judging. I guess he doesn't like the twin; he wasn't nasty to anybody but her, really. She's annoying; they both are. But given time we will probably be annoyed by others as well. I don't mind them having twins on the show, they have to have some gimmick or drama producing situations. But these two were guaranteed to annoy others. I can't take the crying. These contestants better be careful who they call "curvy", or the judges will tell them off. I thought that was harsh. To whatever twin that was, she was curvy. Curvy isn't a bad word, you know. She wasn't the "typical" skinny model. But the judges are going to be self righteous and critical about it. I think it's kind of silly. I actually didn't think the twin's dress was as bad as the others. I may be thinking of the other twin though.

The winning team definitely had the best looks. I did not agree with the winning gown, though. I think the short dress with the high collar that looked like leather was the best. It was cool! If anybody other than the designer of that dress was going to win, I thought it should be the guy who did the fabric that flowed throughout the collection because that tied them all together. But I was surprised at the way the judges raved about that long gown with the strips of fabric all over it. I thought it looked a hot mess. Ticky-tacky, if you ask me.

I'd prefer to see this challenge be an individual one; I thought these designs were a step below what we usually see in this challenge. Except for a few notable pieces, of course.

I hope the twins don't freak out and cry over every challenge!
    No, Sendell was not nasty, he spoke out and told the judges what he did, how the entire team helped. The twin was not going to admit to the judges that she needed all this help, that was obvious from all her eye rolling.
    Kao, Arielflies, MFWalkoff and 4 others like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast