+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: 8/24 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

FORT Newbie

Re: 8/24 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    Wait up ... interesting we didn't see baldy-twin spending time creating an expensive leather looking painted vinyl used by the entire group. Thus, there is obviously the edit to consider, in that it was intentionally designed to lead us astray.
    I think you are thinking about Brandon who was in the winning group.

Quote Originally Posted by Charliehorse View Post
    I think you are thinking about Brandon who was in the winning group.
    Brandon was shown creating his white check on brown material later they did show Shawn on the floor painting white or silver on some material, yes more time was spent showing Brandon, when they showed Shawn it was a rapid montage of her melting down, running around, and doing various types of work.
    No goat killers on my island.

As I recall, the judges had two positive comments to say of Team Tsunami: Samantha's braided top and the white leather look vinyl that, as it happened, was Shawn's creation. Sentell was eliminated for his garbage bag dress lacked transformation, in that his model looked like she was wearing garbage bags.

Amy ...........
    pr16-ep2-Amy.jpg
    Claire .........
    pr16-ep2-Claire.jpg
    Samantha ...
    pr16-ep2-Samantha.jpg
    Sentell ........
    pr16-ep2-Sentell.jpg
    Shawn ........
    pr16-ep2-Shawn.jpg
    woodiedog likes this.

FORT Fanatic

I think the right one went home , I knew it was going to be him by the editing , when they showed his husband. That dress was bad.

Even though I really don't like the twins I don't think they will last long. In the coming weeks we will see.

That newspaper dress , I feel like we already saw that a few season's ago when the one won for the plus size clothes. I could be wrong.

Where did all the vinyl come from...who recyles it? Car seats?

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    That's OK as to me it read "I better defend myself or go home". He sounded a tad desperate. Also in our culture I know we are not supposed to speak out like that about another person as it sounds as if you are telling on someone and no one likes a squealer but the judges did deserve to know who did what so the correct person will go home. However it struck me a strange in the in the green room (waiting room) Shawn said something about helping Sendell sew his sleeves, but this dress didn't have any sleeves. I do think the twins feel a bit entitled though and don't take criticism well.
    The sketch of his design did have sleeves. Sentell must have decided to edit them out. I can't even imagine sewing that kind of thin plastic sheeting that looks like 3mm and maybe even thinner than that.

pr16-ep2-Sentell-sketch.jpg

Most of the sketches, compared to final looks, changed. Reasonable, especially since the designers met with Tim, subsequently, to critique collection's cohesion.

Season 16, Episode 2 Sketches - Project Runway | Lifetime
    Last edited by ryansmommy; 08-29-2017 at 02:20 PM.

Wow. How did Sentell's episode 1 look escape being included in that episode's bottom 3?

With absolute certainty, he needed to go ...

pr16-ep1-sm-final.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Nicksmom View Post
    I think the right one went home , I knew it was going to be him by the editing , when they showed his husband. That dress was bad.

Even though I really don't like the twins I don't think they will last long. In the coming weeks we will see.

That newspaper dress , I feel like we already saw that a few season's ago when the one won for the plus size clothes. I could be wrong.

Where did all the vinyl come from...who recyles it? Car seats?
    Newspaper dresses was an actual challenge during season 6 of the series and other contestants have used them in other challenges.

The season that Ashley Tipton won did have a recycling challenge of sorts; however, her dress was made of old Polaroid "instaprint" photos that she scratched to break the coloring in them to create a tye-dye effect.

I'm with you on the Vinyl puzzlement.

As far as the dresses, most were pretty basic. There were only a couple I liked in this challenge honestly, but agree the twins need to go. Too annoying.

Sentell's honestly was the worst of the lot. I knew seeing the boxy top (literally) he was going to be out.

FORT Fogey

I forgot that the horror was his--- Between the hair and lack of shape of the gold dress, I remember thinking that it should have been one of the low scores and was surprised that it wasn't. Yea...he needed to be gone based on those two looks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast