+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: 8/24 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

"...Meta-Foric-Cally!" Kocky_Kamikaze's Avatar

Re: 8/24 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

I don't think that the twins take criticism so easily either. I hope this will be a lesson to everyone else that if Shawn has another whining breakdown you know what's going to happen again) to just let her be and let her self destruct. If her sister feels the need to go and help her, just let her go. They should not do as they did before and jeopardize their own looks to save hers. If she doesn't have the chops to compete effectively, well so be it. And also they should keep in mind that if those twins designed for so many celebrities and whatnot, why are they on the show?
    Kao, Moontat, Babbred and 3 others like this.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

Ayana's dress looks like a beat up Wookie costume! There was so much crap on it! You could make the excuse that she was trying to tie the collection up in her outfit but, dang it if I didn't actually see a kitchen sink hanging from it! I was really excited to see what kind of fashions she will send down the runway where the model is not showing a whole lot of skin. But now I think it's going to be one big snoozefest filled with floor length gowns with trailing trains the long sleeves.
    lilymax likes this.

I do wish that Tim Gunn actually said something about her meltdown.
    Babbred likes this.

I get the feeling that Sentell would have flunked the design test whether he spent time helping baldy out or not. that was some kind of fugly he sent down the runway!
    ryansmommy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze View Post
    Ayana's dress looks like a beat up Wookie costume! There was so much crap on it! You could make the excuse that she was trying to tie the collection up in her outfit but, dang it if I didn't actually see a kitchen sink hanging from it! I was really excited to see what kind of fashions she will send down the runway where the model is not showing a whole lot of skin. But now I think it's going to be one big snoozefest filled with floor length gowns with trailing trains the long sleeves.
    lol. this was funny. I spied the kitchen sink too, I think! even if it wasn't there, I was really surprised at the judges, all drooling over that mess! sometimes I think they do things for the wrong reasons, lol. the twins are clearly here because the powers that be think they'd get people talking, even if in a bad way. they can't possibly have not been annoying until we saw them. maybe for that very reason, some people will stick up for them. I was going to, because I found myself thinking they are just sacrifices for the sake of drama, but they annoyed me enough that I won't be defending them unless they do some hellaciously good work.

with the twins not garnering any popularity for themselves early on, and it being obvious that they'll be ragged on a lot, I guess i'll be watching to see how the rest of them behave. I am sure we will see tears and silly fights or drama. I don't really have a feel yet for the personalities involved. Well, that is unless you count the two guys who are seeming kind of quiet and shy right off the bat. as you can see, I don't even know their names yet. it takes me awhile. I'm old.

I am wondering though how many ugly designs we may see from the gal doing the modesty thing.

And of course i'm looking forward to seeing some good designs. I do love it when they all design well.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I agreed with the winning and losing teams, but Shawn definitely should have gone home instead of Sentell.

Sentell's garment was really bad, but Shawn's attitude during the whole challenge dragged the team into a sinkhole. They all tried to make up the difference for her being such an energy drain, like people on a team would and should do. They practically put her look together, while she was paralyzed in the corner, and their own looks suffered as a result.

Did Sentell phone in his look? Yup. But he displayed his talent with the work he did on Shawn's halter top. Is he going to be 'paralyzed' by any future challenge like she was this week? I don't think so. And Shawn's crap about not designing for a 'curvy' woman -- I loved how all the judges read her to filth about that, since her model wasn't even plus-sized. Shawn's a head case, and she should have gone this week. Because otherwise, this is turning out to be a really good season. All it needs to do is dump the twins and it will be a GREAT season.
    I have virtually nothing to add to the above. I agree 100%. I cannot stand Shawn's 'indeed' snooty attitude and the way she crumbles from week to week. I was so sad to see Sentell get cut. His look this week was bad, true, but I really liked the guy. Wish it had been Shawn who left instead.
    Last edited by JosephD; 08-26-2017 at 09:02 PM.
    Moontat, Silver18, Babbred and 1 others like this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

Sentell's look was not good but I still wanted Shawn to go.

I loved Maggie Q speaking up so much about the curvy woman comments. What's with Shawn fussing about that anyhow? I realize they normally only have to design one week for regular sized people, so this season is different in sense, but it's not a new thing. You know you're going on PR, why not try designing for someone normal in your everyday life for practice?
    Moontat and Silver18 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    I get the feeling that Sentell would have flunked the design test whether he spent time helping baldy out or not. that was some kind of fugly he sent down the runway!
    I disliked his look and wished he could have done more to not make it look like a garbage bag. He did also do that hideous gold dress last week didn't he? Also, wasn't he the one who changed his career based on an oracle? I don't think he would have gone far in the competition, but I still liked the guy. I truly despise both twins, especially the bald one. That was one big reason I was rooting on the bald one to go home. As for the winning look, I don't understand how the judges loved that look. I would have rated that look closer to the bottom.
    annemik likes this.

IMO the right team won and the right team lost. As others have said, Shawn is a real piece of work. She has a bad attitude and drags her sister down. What happens to both of them when they are trying to explain their looks? They both go into an Elementary teacher mode as if they were speaking to a child. Sentell is a great guy, but his look was awful. It looked like he just threw a couple of plastic bags together and stuck something around the model's waist to tie them together. I think the right group won, but personally I liked the cute dress with the puffy sleeves - that was adorable. Ayana's "modesty" look was good, but not the best (IMO of course). There are a really interesting group of designers this year. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would.
    Babbred likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by annemik View Post
    IMO the right team won and the right team lost. As others have said, Shawn is a real piece of work. She has a bad attitude and drags her sister down. What happens to both of them when they are trying to explain their looks? They both go into an Elementary teacher mode as if they were speaking to a child. Sentell is a great guy, but his look was awful. It looked like he just threw a couple of plastic bags together and stuck something around the model's waist to tie them together. I think the right group won, but personally I liked the cute dress with the puffy sleeves - that was adorable. Ayana's "modesty" look was good, but not the best (IMO of course). There are a really interesting group of designers this year. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would.
    I too was surprised this dress did not win as even the judges commented on how well it was made, and how well the designer had transformed the recycled material into fabric and it fitted the model well and it looked good. I am sorry Ayana's dress was not that great.
    Babbred and Charliehorse like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast