+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: 8/24 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Re: 8/24 - Project Runway 16 Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    I wish those twins would be off my tv. They are so unbelievably annoying. Shawn should have gone home. She was disruptive and brought everyone down to her level. Not to mention she and her twin are really their own team instead of the bigger team in the challenge. Sentell did slap something together, but he didn't deserve to go. At least he gets to spend time with his husband, I guess. I am sure the producers think the twins make better tv, but it isn't the case. I would like to see if one of them could function if the other was sent home. At this point I don't care which one goes.
    Agreed, the twins are annoying, but not the part about Sentell slapping something together to help the twins for that is not what happened. The thin green plastic butt ugly drape thingy he put on that model was truly his best effort.

I agree he is a cutiepie, wish he has the right skills, but he doesn't and the pre-season episode introduce him as a possible maybe during casting. It was definitely his time to go.
    lilymax likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    No, Sendell was not nasty, he spoke out and told the judges what he did, how the entire team helped. The twin was not going to admit to the judges that she needed all this help, that was obvious from all her eye rolling.
    Wait up ... interesting we didn't see baldy-twin spending time creating an expensive leather looking painted vinyl used by the entire group. Thus, there is obviously the edit to consider, in that it was intentionally designed to lead us astray.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    Wait up ... interesting we didn't see baldy-twin spending time creating an expensive leather looking painted vinyl used by the entire group. Thus, there is obviously the edit to consider, in that it was intentionally designed to lead us astray.
    So you know that baldy created a significant contribution to the group? Where did you see that? That would definitely be done to make us think she did nothing much and make us dislike her more (if that is possible.........uh, no).

Kao

Loved this. I liked Team Wabi-Sabi's looks the best, but Team Balling on a Budget's looks were super cute so I didn't mind them winning.. I liked Ayana's and Batani's the best, but I would have given the win to Batani. That look was fantastic. Brandon's pattern was great and brought the whole collection together.

Bald Twin...ugh. I saw everyone on her team helping her pull a look together in the 3 hours before the actual runway because all she did the day before was run around, cry, and play with fabric. Then, during judging, she was all set to take credit for that top until Sentrell set the judges straight. To be fair, she did create the painted vinyl that they used, but lets be honest here; how long do you think it took for her to do that? An hour...maybe 2, tops? The whole "Pity me, I have to make a dress for a CURVY GIRL" excuse she kept banging on about disgusted me, least of all that her model wasn't even that big! Then, for no reason in particular, she decides to throw Amy of all people under the bus. She and her twin should have never been on the same team to begin with, because all she did was distract her sister from her work. That girl does the absolute most with doing the very least, and she was rewarded last night when she didn't go home. In fact, I would have made it a double elimination because Sentrell, while a nice guy, really didn't transform his garment and it looked like a bunch of plastic thrown on his model. I would send Baldy home just for not working on her garment and coming up with excuses.
    Bearcata, Moontat and Babbred like this.

Fort Member
    where its beautiful one day perfect the next

Every season there is that one contestant that is in the bottom the first 2 or 3 weeks and should have gone home but does not and then will just stay safe, maybe pull out something the judges love, but they stay, with us disliking them, right until the end They are usually annoying and full of drama so I am prepared for the twins to be there for a while yet
    petertracy and Babbred like this.
    Happiness is an unexpected piece of chocolate!

3 people on that team commented on Shawn's contribution ... don't think that was edited.
    No goat killers on my island.

They did show Shawn painting a piece of fabric on the floor.
    ryansmommy likes this.

FORT Fogey

Didn't Brandon have a second plus size model this week?? I loved the outfit he gave her, as she did.

BTW, anybody notice that PR does 11 commercials during each break....no wonder it goes 75 minutes....that extra half hour is all commercial.
    petertracy and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    No, Sendell was not nasty, he spoke out and told the judges what he did, how the entire team helped. The twin was not going to admit to the judges that she needed all this help, that was obvious from all her eye rolling.
    Maybe it didn't read as nasty to you. It did to me. It wasn't just in what he said, it was how he said it.

Quote Originally Posted by lilymax View Post
    Maybe it didn't read as nasty to you. It did to me. It wasn't just in what he said, it was how he said it.
    That's OK as to me it read "I better defend myself or go home". He sounded a tad desperate. Also in our culture I know we are not supposed to speak out like that about another person as it sounds as if you are telling on someone and no one likes a squealer but the judges did deserve to know who did what so the correct person will go home. However it struck me a strange in the in the green room (waiting room) Shawn said something about helping Sendell sew his sleeves, but this dress didn't have any sleeves. I do think the twins feel a bit entitled though and don't take criticism well.
    Moontat and Babbred like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast