+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: 8/17 - PR16 Season Premiere Show Discussion

FORT Fanatic

Re: 8/17 - PR16 Season Premiere Show Discussion

Yeah the gold number was bad I though too. I really like the print dress that won.

Like the piano guy too. I don't like that far out there outfits.

Wonder if ChaCha would have been still there if he put the dress on the other way and closed it in a bit....lol

I wonder if the cheating is the twins helping each other too much. I can see that.

Good start to the season.
    e0nyx likes this.

First time watching PR in years - used to be a huge fan. Love, love they are using all model types this season. I was worried that ChaCha was going to be the first to go especially when Tim was shaking his head and not giving any advice or too much comment. I felt for the model on that one - nuff said. The twins are irritating and it's funny to see their fellow contestants already mocking them. Amy is too full of herself - I can see her getting on the wrong side of people too.
    My faves were Kenya's white dress & Deyonte (I really believe his model was loving that dress). Also, I thought Kentaro's dress had a great flow when the model was walking. Not faves: Batani - why oh why would you lie about the hole in the back when Heidi asked you???!!! And why didn't Sentell's gold sack not get hacked on more? Glad they gave Shawn's shorts a cop out vote.

Kao

Love the fact that the models will be switched each week, so each designer can work with a different body type.

Brandon needs to stop complaining about being a menswear designer and not knowing how to design for women. At least two other designers specialize in menswear, and I didn't hear them complaining. I give him credit for actually talking to his model about what she felt comfortable in and getting her feedback on the top. His look was not my favorite, but his model strolled out looking fully confident and worked the look.

Batani's look was terrible. What made it worse is that she was on stage looking totally fab, while she made...that. She's very lucky that ChaCha was worse.

Several looks stood out to me last night. I really liked Kenya, Ayano, Kentaro, and Michael's designs. The red pantsuit was also a stunner. But I'm glad Deyonte won; you could just tell that his model felt fab walking down the runway.

The twins are so far stuck up in themselves and their aesthetic that I'm surprised they take feedback from anyone.
    beerbelly and Babbred like this.

After reading the bios, looking at past work and watching episode one, it looks to be a great season. With that said, first time in a long time I find myself inspired enough to bother with my own chart! LOL

Anyway, this is where I'm at right now and my picks may change by next week!

Amy Bond - top contender ......................... Aaron Myers - matter of time
    Claire Buitendorp - contender ....................... Ayana Ife - matter of time
    Deyonte Weather - top contender ............... Batani-Khalfani - matter of time
    Kentaro Kameyama - top contender ............ Brandon Key - matter of time
    Kenya Freeman - top contender .................. ChaCha - matter of time
    Kudzanai Karidza - contender ....................... Michael Brambila - matter of time
    Margarita Alvarez - contender ....................... Shawn Buitendorp - matter of time
    Samantha Rei - contender
    Sentell McDonald - contender
    annemik likes this.

Oh snap! I forgot all about this show. I hope I can find it online somewhere. I'm already behind.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

I really like that there is a model confessional this season. I guess the producers are looking for juicey tidbits about how the plus size models are slighted by the designers. They gave a mis-direct on the Brandon edit when his model said she worried about him and, yet, it turned out fine.
    Babbred and Fo'Realz? like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Kentaro, that strange little pianist, turned out a lovely outfit. I think he should have been in the top three. He is very talented. Cha Cha - what can I say. His outfit was a hot mess. I was very disappointed in Batani. I thought her looks were lovely when she was trying out for the show. Brandon will not last long - he really suffers from a lack of confidence. The twins - one is talented and the other is not. They seem very pretentious and annoying to me. I may be in the minority, but I am not a fan of that white mermaid dress. The top did not fit well, the white material looked like a cut-up sheet, yet the designer lucked out being given a model with the most model-perfect figure. All that being said, Deyonte deserved to win and he is (at least for now) is my favorite designer.
    Fo'Realz? likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephD View Post
    Oh snap! I forgot all about this show. I hope I can find it online somewhere. I'm already behind.
    This episode will repeat right before next week's episode.
    JosephD likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I really like that there is a model confessional this season. I guess the producers are looking for juicey tidbits about how the plus size models are slighted by the designers. They gave a mis-direct on the Brandon edit when his model said she worried about him and, yet, it turned out fine.
    Also liked the look backstage and how it looks when the stage hands are on set.
    Arielflies and Babbred like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephD View Post
    I just watched it on the Lifetime website.
    JosephD likes this.
    I am one step away from being rich. All I need now is money

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast