+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: 8/17 - PR16 Season Premiere Show Discussion

Re: 8/17 - PR16 Season Premiere Show Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    And I'm perfectly fine with Deyonte's win. Even finer with ChaCha going home.
    Oh YAY....I had to come and get spoilers since I'm on the Westcoast. I'm rooting for Deyonte since we live in the same town. Unless, of course, he turns into a tool and makes hideous clothing...lol

Quote Originally Posted by crzndeb View Post
    Oh YAY....I had to come and get spoilers since I'm on the Westcoast. I'm rooting for Deyonte since we live in the same town. Unless, of course, he turns into a tool and makes hideous clothing...lol
    They did red carpet looks, and he made a great flowy dress with a bold colorful print for a plus-size model. She moved spectacularly in it. Reminded me a little of Jeff's Paris couture gown from season 3, if Uli had helped with it.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Beautiful gowns from the winner with the floral gown and the woman who did the white gown!
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Fogey

I thought there were several looks that were lower than the top three that could have been applauded....

Loved that the twin was in the bottom three after she and her sister went on and on and on about their design process...they certainly do want to do the reality show circuit...think they will apply for The Bachelor?? I chuckled when I saw the other twin in tears when the bottom three sister returned to the room.

Was pleased that Brandon turned out a very nice look for his model.

Glad that Chacha is gone...seriously what were they thinking when they selected him out of all the talented designers who applied to be on the show. If he had fitted the dress at least to some degree, he might have stayed over Batani because that look was really dreadful.
    ryansmommy, Babbred and woodiedog like this.

Per wiki:

Future seasons
    In May 2016, Lifetime renewed the show for three seasons more (16-18) in a deal with Weinstein Co. The series spinoffs, Project Runway All Stars and Project Runway: Junior, also are renewed for two and one more seasons, respectively.
    woodiedog likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Felt bad for ChaCha - it came across as they picked someone who would be a throwaway for the first elimination.

Wasn't it a bit off when ChaCha called his model "fat", she was one of the size zero girls that is considered normal for a model and he is calling her fat???

Brandon - was not impressed with the camo top it made the model look big, seriously, I thought he was one of the bottom three.

Twin - was surprised that she was a bottom three. I have seen worse on any of the music award shows. However, if they had done a lame pant that would have been spectacular.

Kenya - yes, the dress needed to be lined. What got me was the top she was doing her confessionals in, the darts in the front were very weirdly placed.

Batani - shocked her outfit was that bad, and it didn't help she looked absolutely fabulous standing next to her model. Seriously, was she ever going home especially when the other choice was ChaCha.
    Babbred likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

So what's the big cheating controversy all about, as shown in the season previews at the top of the show?
    Ancient City likes this.

FORT Fogey Ms.pacman New Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, Beat The Meter Champion awesomekina23's Avatar

Kenya's was my favorite. It looked crisp and I loved the pockets! I wasn't a fan of Deyonte's print but applaud anyone who takes the risk to use prints.
    I'm surprised Brandon knowingly tried out for the show without experience in women's wear. Has he not seen the show??

I was also surprised more people didn't go down the gown route. That's what I think of when I think of 'award show', not shorts/pants/shirts. Perhaps the one day time constraint drove people away from going in that direction.

The bottom looks were all bad but Sentell's boxy gold number with shoulder spikes and hideous hairdo deserves a shoutout too.
    Babbred and annemik like this.

Quote Originally Posted by provenceguy View Post
    So what's the big cheating controversy all about, as shown in the season previews at the top of the show?
    I was wondering the same thing. Thought it was pertaining to this episode and there was a big, fat, nothing about it.
    Guess, I'll have to keep watching

I remember a contestant being throw off for cheating for having a patterning book with him that he would refer to on the sly. But that was in the early days, prior to when most of the season is made up of one day challenges.

Thus, we know a patterning book is cheating. Is there such a thing as a patterning app these days? No idea. Using double sided tape to hold a bodice in place is cheating. Helping each other isn't cheating.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast