Batani-Khalfani
Season 16 Designer

Age 32, Inglewood, CA
#DesignerBatani

When did you realize you had designer potential?
Designing has always been in me. Iím an artist by nature. Iíve always sketched dresses and everything from as young as four years old.

What is your design training?
I havenít really had any formal training in design. I am self-taught. I learned how to sew as a teenager and then when I high school I went to Downtown Magnets High School: Fashion Careers Center. I took a sewing class there.

Strengths as a designer?
My strengths are that I work fast and well under pressure. I am good with proportions and colors.

Weaknesses as a designer?
Iím still learning all of the technical parts of designs.

How did you end up auditioning for "Project Runway"?
One day during the deadline line of the application, my intuition told me to audition! I hadnít thought about auditioning at all over the years. I first auditioned in 2007 at the open call in Westwood, but I was told an immediate no! Ten years laterÖhere I am.

Challenge you wish they'd bring back?
The dark light challenge.

Challenge you hope they don't?
The pet supplies challenge.

What's your take on team challenges?
My take on team challenges is that everyone has to hold their own weight. When working together though the responsibility is on each person, if everyone is serious about winning and put their very best in it, then they are fun!

Do you think you can win "Project Runway"?
I definitely can win! I am creative, I think outside of the box, I work well under pressure, I am open to receiving critiques that will help me be better, I have a great design aesthetic, and overall, I am a great person and designer!

Tour Batani-Khalfaniís Closet - myLifetime.com