+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Claire Buitendorp - Season 16

Claire Buitendorp - Season 16

Claire Buitendorp
    Season 16 Designer

Age 27, Grand Ledge, MI
    #DesignerClaire

When did you realize you had designer potential?
    I never expected that the first person I would ever design for would be Katy Perry! That experience truly opened my eyes to the idea that I could make a living as a designer.

What is your design training?
    I have an associate’s degree in fashion technology from Lansing Community College and a bachelor’s degree of applied science with a concentration in entrepreneurial business and communication from the University of Michigan. I am especially proud that my degrees were funded entirely through academic scholarships.

Strengths as a designer?
    Strong sewing, construction skills, color usage, and embellishment.

Weaknesses as a designer?
    I feel so strongly about my point of view, and occasionally, it is challenging for me to accept constructive criticism.

How did you end up auditioning for "Project Runway"?
    The swift timelines and crazy challenges have always left me a bit uneasy and deterred me from auditioning. Yet recently, I had a realization that I was letting fear have the upper hand. “Project Runway” has always served as a tremendous platform for emerging talent and I want to share my talents with the judges, Tim, my fellow contestants, and you!

Challenge you wish they'd bring back?
    You mean the time they sent them to Europe? I would love to take on any of those challenges!

Challenge you hope they don't?
    The pet supplies challenge.

What's your take on team challenges?
    If I get to work with my sister Shawn, then I LOVE team challenges. But otherwise…ugh. I am by no means opposed to team challenges and I generally work as a team, so I know firsthand the possibilities of working together. When you work with the right teammate(s) magic can happen. But if paired with someone who rubs you the wrong way, chaos can ensue.

Do you think you can win "Project Runway"?
    I am going to approach “Project Runway” the same way I do all challenges, with the mindset that I will succeed. There may be bumps along the road, but I will persevere. I will get back up and keep going until I am the last one standing. So yes, I know that I can and will win.

Tour Claire’s Closet - myLifetime.com

"...Meta-Foric-Cally!" Kocky_Kamikaze's Avatar

Re: Claire Buitendorp - Season 16

I thin in this designer is close tomy taste. I hope that she does not end up collaborating with her sister. Because it seems to me that she is clearly the stronger designer. And plus I can just take Doublemint Twin speak for so long.

Maybe they should have assigned the twins to sit far apart from each other.
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

No, they would have gravitated toward one another. Are adult twins this close or are they an exception?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Most twins I have known are this close. But they aren't quite so bubbly about it.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread