+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Bearcata
  • 1 Post By ibot2much
  • 2 Post By ryansmommy
  • 1 Post By annemik

Thread: PR16 - Casting Special / Road to the Runway

PR16 - Casting Special / Road to the Runway

I wasn't really planning on watching but this popped up on my DVR. Tim was wonderful as always. Samantha and Kenya were standouts as real size women who loved themselves and fashion and were just so funny. Batani and her prints also were breathtaking. Ayana and her modesty designs, an interesting take. The twins were fun. Luv'ed, luv'ed, luv'ed that so many so far embrace color and prints. This is I think an extremely well diverse cast, smart, articulate and creative. Some out there but at this point no nasties, no mean spirits.

While Chacha loves to design with stuffed animals and definitely is out of the box I wonder how what he will make week to week.
    Babbred and woodiedog like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

FORT Fogey

Re: Project Runway 16 - casting auditions - sneak peak at the cast

I did like that the designers are so different. The twins made some remarkable leather pieces. Not sure if some were picked simply because they were the flavor of the month,but we will see who goes in the first few episodes.
    woodiedog likes this.

Everyday women as models for season instead of just an episode is a new twist, but the in your face androgyny, normalizing sexuality identity, cross-gender, muslim cultural influences, inspired by global warming (LOL), safe spaces, blah, blah, blah ... is all so fad-ish and passé. Where's the fashion forward?

And, then, the made for reality TV contestants ... the twins, the teddy bear boy, the very talented older professional, the hunky dancer/designer that can't sew?

But, aside from the matter-of-timers, there are a few stand out gems and even of the drama characters, there seem to be a couple that will cross over, so truly hoping for a great season 16!
    annemik and woodiedog like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ryansmommy View Post
    Everyday women as models for season instead of just an episode is a new twist, but the in your face androgyny, normalizing sexuality identity, cross-gender, muslim cultural influences, inspired by global warming (LOL), safe spaces, blah, blah, blah ... is all so fad-ish and passé. Where's the fashion forward?
    I agree with you on everything except the modest designer. I read an article once about this company that modest swimming suits that cover a great deal of your body. A spokesperson for the company said only half of their customers were Muslim. The rest were just ordinary women who were tired of having men stare at them like they were pieces of meat. I think there could be a real market for these outfits.

And, then, the made for reality TV contestants ... the twins, the teddy bear boy, the very talented older professional, the hunky dancer/designer that can't sew?
    I am so praying teddy bear boy will wash out in the first week. I am a child of the 80's, but I really do not want to see Care Bears every week. In fact, I'd rather forget about them.

With his luck, though, he'll stick around. Wonder what will happen if they have a Goth challenge?

But, aside from the matter-of-timers, there are a few stand out gems and even of the drama characters, there seem to be a couple that will cross over, so truly hoping for a great season 16!

I am actually looking forward to this season, and I haven't been able to say that in a while. It's so refreshing to see so many older designers. in the token older person would be treated like an old fogey, just somebody to be tolerated.

And yes, it's nice that so far there are no standout mean girls/guys. Let's see if that lasts.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Re: Project Runway 16 - Casting Special / Sneak Peek at the Cast

I wasn't just thinking about the modesty designer when I said that. Got the same vibe from drop crouch guy.

What an interesting cast! The first woman who designs clothes with the island flair really impressed me. Her designs were beautiful. I think the show was really going for quirky and odd with some of the cast and that was a turn-off for me. I noticed that there is more than one token straight guy this year (that's new), and yet counter balanced that with the weird fellow who thinks gender is interchangeable. Then the two little Asian guys -one who is really talented in both design and music (although his personality is very strange) and the other one who is into Care Bears (huh!) and his designs were awful (IMO). Personally, I really dislike shows that feed into current fads and the political preferences of only half of their viewership.
    ibot2much likes this.

This casting special "Road to the Runway" episode airs again at 7PM ET, followed by the supersized season premiere at 8PM ET (NOT the usual 9PM).
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread