+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Project Runway 16 - News & Speculation

Project Runway 16 - News & Speculation

There isn't a lot of information out there yet, but it was announced that PR16 will premiere earlier than usual this year, on Thursday August 17th.

It could be that they are trying to time things better with September Fashion Week, so that they don't have to show decoy shows for the entire cast, or risk major spoilers coming out as the season is just beginning.

I don't usually use links to Inquisitr.com, but this article does a good job of gathering lots of stray bits of information on social media from the past couple of weeks:

Heidi Klum Dishes On ‘Project Runway’ Season 16 Filming: Says Designers ‘Not Happy’ With Plus-Sized Twist

More plus-size models this season! And the designers aren't happy! I'm SHOCKED!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Kao

Re: Project Runway 16 (premieres Aug. 17th) - News & Speculation

I can't wait for this to start again, but please, no more shady contestants who are only interested in tearing others down like the gruesome twosome from season 15. I don't understand why the producers thinks the audience likes these types, because I sure don't. I find it interesting that neither one had found jobs as of the taping of the reunion show, while Roberti, Laurence, and others were working in their field. Hmmm...maybe because future employers saw how you acted on the show?
    crusin, momrek06 and Babbred like this.

The cast list is posted at the PR/Lifetime website:

Project Runway Cast | Lifetime

Among the designers are Claire and Shawn, the twins from the VH-1 reality show Twinning. Hmm...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Kao

This seems like an interesting batch of designers! I can't wait for the show!

My early pick is Samantha..... ...... but I noticed she does a lot of things sleeveless. I hope that's by choice and not that she has trouble sewing sleeves.
    navybelle likes this.
    2016 Yearbook Title: Only FORT Member Known To Have Gotten An Air Traffic Controller Back On Track.

I wasn't overly excited over any of them. Some of them were WTF to me. I personally like pattern and color, and the twin (Shawn?) that did the leather jackets appealed to me. I also liked some of Margarita's things.

I will be rooting for Deyonte, since he lives in the same city as me. I will be keeping my eyes open around the hood for him. Haha! I also liked his designs. Not to over the top.

It seems like there are more over the top designers this year, but maybe it's just me. I know the judges like the weirder, the better. I look for things that the average person could wear.

Good luck to them all.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    There isn't a lot of information out there yet, but it was announced that PR16 will premiere earlier than usual this year, on Thursday August 17th.

It could be that they are trying to time things better with September Fashion Week, so that they don't have to show decoy shows for the entire cast, or risk major spoilers coming out as the season is just beginning.

I don't usually use links to Inquisitr.com, but this article does a good job of gathering lots of stray bits of information on social media from the past couple of weeks:

Heidi Klum Dishes On ‘Project Runway’ Season 16 Filming: Says Designers ‘Not Happy’ With Plus-Sized Twist

More plus-size models this season! And the designers aren't happy! I'm SHOCKED!
    I wonder what Samantha and Sentell will say about that? Especially since Sentell made a point of telling the judges that she designs for the ordinary woman. For once, I hope sparks will fly.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Still waiting for the big scandal to break.
    No goat killers on my island.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Amy is the older woman with the short red hair. I think she is a fashion instructor in San Francisco.
    Arielflies, I was being sarcastic I do know who Amy is it is just she really doesn't have a strong presence on the show, at least for me.
    Arielflies and redsox girl like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Re: Project Runway 16 - News & Speculation

Yeah, she is so quiet it is hard to realize that she has been a narrator at times.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast