+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: 2/23 PR Junior 2 - Season Finale Show Discussion

FORT Fogey

Re: 2/23 PR Junior 2 - Season Finale Show Discussion

Well, hallelujah--Hawwaa didn't win. Of the two left, I think Chris did the best job, but I can live with Chelsea winning, more for what she did over the season than for her collection, however.

When they waited that long to say anything, I was sure Chelsea had won--and I think Chris knew it at that point too. Still preferred his collection, however.

Chris seems cool with having come in second, even if he exited that runway quickly. Given his behavior backstage, I think that was more of a joke or more of a way to get out before having people try to make him feel better.
    Photobabe likes this.

FORT Fogey

I know this has nothing to do with fashion, but when they brought out Chelsea's parents, I could see how she looked like a combination of both of them--that is, I could see both her parents' faces in hers, which isn't something you always can see. She doesn't favor one over the other; she favors both of them.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

Before knowing results my order would be:

#1 Chelsea
    I loved her collection. She had really interesting details and I could really see her inspiration. I am impressed at how good her last minute pants looked! I particularly liked her second dress.

#2 Chris
    I liked his collection. He had interesting shapes but I thought it got lost a bit in the patterns. I get that he was going for cohesive, but it was a lot of very similar (if not the same) patterns.

#3 Izzy
    She did well also and her construction looked en pointe. My only complaint is that the orange and fuchsia was a bit overwhelming and it all looked a bit like the evening gown she made early in the season and won with.

#4 Hawwaa
    Too much all over color and pattern etc. I was surprised that she ended with the jumpsuit. I thought it was kind of a flat ending piece. I expected her to end with the "ringmaster" inspired look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was worried for a bit that they were going to cave to Kelly and give it to Hawwaa, and why didn't anyone say how poorly sewn that outfit she took to the judges was? Maybe they did and it was edited out?

I'm just so relieved it wasn't clown clothes winning, and even though Chelsea's show had some bad moments, I liked it. Chris's two first looks really were cool, and I wouldn't have minded if they gave him the win either. They made it seem Izzy was the favored one, but she ended up in 4th place. She had cute things, but kind of boring.

I liked seeing many of the eliminated contestants, and Peytie too, in the audience. Yay Peytie! That girl could really design and sew.
    Silver18 likes this.

Haven't watched yet here on the west coast, but thank gawd Hawwaa didn't win!
    Silver18, navybelle and katzee like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I haven't read yet because I'm not done, but had a couple of comments at the beginning of he runway show.

First, the hostess of the show is wearing an outfit that I find a bit inappropriate for PR Juniors.

Second, holy cow how did I not realize previously that Aya Kanai is quite tall!?!?

Third, who the heck is Olivia Holt?? And does this question make me old?

I thought those three exact things myself! I also thought...what a difference a year makes...Matt and Peytie looked so different!
    ClosetRTWatcher and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I thought those three exact things myself! I also thought...what a difference a year makes...Matt and Peytie looked so different!
    I'm so glad I wasn't alone!!

I liked Peytie so much! I am glad this finale show was made up of a good group of kids!!

After hearing Izzy's critique I though she would be winning but after seeing her collection on the runway I was underwhelmed and yes there were too many similar pieces. I was blown away by Chris's collection and felt Chelsea had nice pieces her collection fell flat. Hawaa had color but some seemed poorly constructed and I was really afraid that the judges were going to pick her over Chris. I was hoping for a Chris, Chelsea, Izzy, Hawwaa finish but I am not unhappy with Chelsea winning.
    navybelle likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Really the only two who were in the running to win were Chris and Chelsea IMHO.

I liked Izzy's but as folks have said it's too repetitive. I DID however love the sports coat.

Haawaa shouldn't have even been in there. I'm sorry - FOUR bottom two appearances and still there is ridiculous (there were others who were ousted who a. were more deserving and b. were in their ONLY bottom appearance while she was at 2-3) and I still feel they did a "pull something out of the hat" to let her continue when they did the showdown. (either that or Kelly Osbourne basically said "keep her in or I quit").

So, I'm glad common sense prevailed and she didn't win. I DO think she should've finished behind Izzy, but they were not going to give her last place.

Of the final two, I liked Chris' a bit more in the creative designs, but both were deserving. He also took it in stride, even if he wanted to win. That said, he'll do well long term and a lot of that has to do with attitude.
    navybelle, sparklete and katzee like this.

FORT Regular

I was a bit underwhelmed by most of them. There were a few good pieces here and there. And I find that odd because during the season I really thought these kids lots of times did a way better job than the adults on the regular show, with the same amount of time. There was some pretty outstanding pieces over the course of the show. Just mostly not on the final runway.
    ibot2much likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast