+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: 2/16 PR Junior 2 - Finale pt 1 Show Discussion

2/16 PR Junior 2 - Finale pt 1 Show Discussion

Finale, Part One - Part 1 of 2. The designers travel home to create their collections for the finale in Los Angeles.

Enjoy the show!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Re: 2/16 PR Junior 2 - Finale pt 1 Show Discussion

$4000 for a six piece spring collection!

I hope this goes well.

FORT Fogey

You know, I don't care whether Tieler's looks take Tim to Van Gogh or not--and I'm not sure Tieler meant they were literally supposed to look like a Van Gogh painting anyway, merely that he was inspired by Van Gogh. I'd still rather see his entire collection go down the runway than go to the circus with Haawaa.

Maybe I'm horribly conventional, but I could see someone actually wearing Tieler's looks, whereas Haawaa's just look like something not that many people would want to wear. Of course, it doesn't hurt that I actually like the colors in Tieler's collection and I like embroidery, even if it's not doing anything for Tim. Not to mention the fact that Tieler's clothes appear to be sewn well and Haawaa's, once again, don't.

It would not surprise me in the least to see Haawaa make it to the finale, though, because I'm 100% positive that Kelly will never, ever shut up about how wonderful she thinks Haawaa's designs are and how she'd wear every single one of them.

Hawwaa's collection so far looks like a crazy, mixed up circus closet. Which means the judges will be all over it, much to my dismay. Those overalls are ridiculous, and ugly.

Tieler's looks okay, cute, with pretty pieces, even though I don't like some of the embroidery. Tim's giving him a harsh critique. Tieler stands up for himself, disagrees and argues his points, but Tim trying to get through to him re: the judge's perceptions. Uh oh.

Darn, if Hawwaa with her 4x in the bottom, comes back and wins just because it's different, I'll be so disappointed.
    Jezebella, Babbred and sparklete like this.

FORT Fogey

Well, Tieler did seem to get what Tim was talking about with regard to stressing Van Gogh as a "jumping off" point for his collection as opposed to trying to sell it as a literal interpretation of Van Gogh's work--and he did choose the two pieces "Mr. Tim" told him to send down the runway.

I wish they could see the entire collections because whether Tieler's looks are too simple or whatever, at least he appears to have a collection. Haawaa's collection isn't particularly cohesive.
    navybelle likes this.

I didn't like the shoes Tieler chose to put with his designs. The first girl looked like a nurse.

I hated Hawwaa's jumpsuit. It looked horrible in so many ways!

FORT Fogey

Does that shirt/jacket of Haawaa's remind anyone else of Seinfeld's infamous "puffy shirt"?

However, the dopey judges seem to be liking it, except that judge number one thinks it looks borderline juvenile. I knew Kelly would loooooooove it, however, though she did mention some sewing issues. How on earth her outfits aren't "costumey," though, and I don't see how they're smart or romantic. Crap. She's going to end up on the runway and may very well win the whole thing....

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I didn't like the shoes Tieler chose to put with his designs. The first girl looked like a nurse.

I hated Haawwaa's jumpsuit. It looked horrible in so many ways!
    Here's the thing: I can imagine someone twenty wearing Tieler's clothes. I can also see someone forty wearing them well. I cannot see anyone over the age of, maybe, twenty or so wearing Haawaa's looks, and even then, I'm not sure exactly where they'd be worn. In other words, would they really sell?
    Babbred likes this.

Aya is complimentary towards Tieler, which is nice (and encouraging). Kelly's so gaga over Hawwaa, so she knocks him a bit, of course. They're saying it's not like things he's usually done, so it's a nice surprise and they're saying he's talented. Christian is the one whose opinion I trust the most, and usually agree with, but he says Tieler should've pushed it more. Too basic of shapes. Ugh. I would really rather see Tieler in the finale!

FORT Fogey

If they were supposed to be creating a spring collection--which is what I thought Tieler said they were instructed to do, but I may be wrong--Tieler's seems more specifically spring. I can also see why he might have decided to go less structured for spring, as I think of spring as being more flowy and simple.

Kelly, naturally, just rambles on about how wondrous Haawaa is, and unfortunately the other are agreeing. Only one of the judges is pointing out that she's not sophisticated and her clothes are not really the kind of thing that would sell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast