+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: 2/16 PR Junior 2 - Finale pt 1 Show Discussion

Re: 2/16 PR Junior 2 - Finale pt 1 Show Discussion

I really like Teiler and was sorry to see him go. I agree, though, that his collection seemed uninspired--despite his references to Van Gogh. And outsourcing so much of the work (the embroidery) was a mistake, I think. Had he done the embroidery himself, it would have been a wowza.

I do look forward to seeing the other 3 collections. I have the feeling that Chris might be the sleeper in all of this.
    Jezebella and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I have to agree with this- I think because Hawwaa is so different in her look, that may be swaying the judges. I had assumed her head wrap was a religious thing, but I noticed her sister wasn't wearing one. Maybe at a certain age you can decide for yourself if your're going to wear one or not? I don't know much about her culture so I'm not sure.
    My understanding is that Muslim girls typically start wearing the hijab at puberty. It's possible that her sister isn't old enough for it to be required. Also, without knowing the family there is no way to tell how observant they require their kids to be.

I'm sad to see Tieler go because he is such a nice kid and I think he is really talented. But honestly, I would have been fine if they had both gone home. Tieler's collection was disappointingly basic, and I was not a fan of the embroidery. It seemed really "cute-sey". I like Hawwaa's spunk, but I didn't care for her collection. She still has construction issues and the circus theme seemed too literal to me. At least she went for it.
    Babbred likes this.

I agree with most of the posters here. I really wanted Tieler to win, but I have to be honest. Neither of them impressed me. Tieler's things reminded me of something you could buy in Sears or Target. They were cute, but not exactly high fashion. I mean, Van Gogh was an abstract painter, so there was no reason Tieler had to go so literal. He could have easily kept the Van Gogh reference and yet produced something more high end. And yes, I definitely got the nurse vibe from the last outfit. I know, because in my job I have to wear shoes like that.

Hawwaa's bizarre outfits reminded me of something from Batman. I could see Harley Quin wearing that pantsuit and thinking herself fashionable. And no, you are not an old fogey if you don't like her looks. Her Day-Glo lipstick has been like nails on a chalkboard for me since the beginning. Kelly drives me nuts, too, but she's a celebrity so it doesn't matter. If Hawwaa doesn't make it in the fashion industry then she's going to find out quickly that very few jobs will allow her to look like that.
    katzee likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I could not agree more with these comments! Did anyone notice that Kelly was wearing a clown PJ pantsuit last night? When I saw Kelly's outfit, I knew Kelly would go Ga Ga over Haawaa.

Tieler just stuck decorations on plain clothes. Who did that recently? 😄
    Back a few years ago (ok, maybe 20), embroidery was in. You could get pants with embroidered pink flamingos or martini glasses. They were quite popular with the Florida ladies. You'd see these fashions at restaurants during early bird specials!

I love flowers more than anyone, but Tieler's fashions didn't wow me.

I finally got a chance to watch the entire episode and I am sorry did Tieler get tired and doesn't realize he lost his wow factor? Van Gogh! That collection was not inspired by Van Gogh, the novice Maria from Sound of Music was the inspiration. While Hawwaa does not have strong technical skills and after 5 weeks totally missed that she did not have color blocks matching, her two pieces did have more pop and sizzle than Tieler's milkmaid outfits. Overall Tieler is a stronger designer but in this runway and the previous one he missed the mark and out he goes. I do wish that Cartier was in the finale though. Oh, if Hawwaa spent $4,000 I want to see the receipts as she always looks as if she hits the scrap fabric bin or the quilting section.
    Babbred and katzee like this.
    No goat killers on my island.

I'll be honest - Tieler's wasn't his best.

It still was better than Haawaa's.

Additionally - NO ONE with FOUR bottom two appearances should be in the finals. Tieler twice, attempts to design out of box each time (Haawaa no so much)...

And yet she's in finals.

I'm sorry but I'll say it: I'll be surprised if anyone BUT Haawaa wins now. The face off to make the finals to me proved it.
    navybelle, Babbred and sparklete like this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I have to agree with this- I think because Hawwaa is so different in her look, that may be swaying the judges. I had assumed her head wrap was a religious thing, but I noticed her sister wasn't wearing one. Maybe at a certain age you can decide for yourself if your're going to wear one or not? I don't know much about her culture so I'm not sure. .
    I"m pretty sure she said at the beginning of the show she just wears it because she likes it not a religious thing. I thought that was a bit weird when she said it.

JAC
    FORT Newbie

I agree, I remember Haawa stating in one of the first episodes when someone asked her about the head scarf she said it wasn't religion she just liked it.

JAC
    FORT Newbie

Also, I watch the show in Canada on Bravo and it was not on this week, the guide said it was on but when I went to watch it, it was Relic Hunter!! Did anyone else have this issue?

FORT Fogey

I loved Tieler. He was probably my favorite PR Jr contestant all around. But as much as I wanted to see him win it, I think with the collection he designed they were right to end it here with him. After all the wonderfully creative things we saw from him all season, his collection was cutesy and ordinary. He's done things in the past that I challenged people to rethink fashion, but didn't do it with this. I think that was evident when Tim was doing his critique. Not only could he not persuade Tieler to rethink what he was set on ... he couldn't really find any pieces in the collection to really push for instead of what he was showing. He got safe and ordinary at the wrong time.

I think it's clear though that he's got the support and encouragement to keep pursuing fashion. He'll be a success and doesn't need PR Jr to do it. Who knows - maybe in a few years he'll come back on the regular Project Runway and can be the first person to be on both!
    navybelle and Babbred like this.
    "The way we treat people we strongly disagree with is a report card on what we've learned about love, compassion, and kindness." - Marcandangel

"There should be less value placed on agreement and more on understanding each other"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast